FA-Cup semi-finals

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Think i will have to kill myself if I have to hear another minute of Danny Murphy's voice, and I only switched on after the chelski game.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Have to love Alexis. Reminds me of Tevez only minus all the off-field problems.

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
In the finals for the second season in a row. Great job team. Let's win this thing now. Was a scrappy game but then FA Cup semi finals are never easy.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
A lot of family & friends are traveling to Wembley tomorrow... To support Villa :lol: I, as the lone Liverpool fan in the family, will be sitting at home hoping Mignolet doesn't pull a Federici tomorrow.

Pretty nervous, to be honest. Sherwood has done a good job at Villa - Especially with their attacking players. I still think we'll edge them, though... We should, really.

Acole9

Outstanding
Flicked over couldn't believe the match was in extra time then a few moments later the ball squirmed under Federici, horrible horrible error.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
A lot of family & friends are traveling to Wembley tomorrow... To support Villa :lol: I, as the lone Liverpool fan in the family, will be sitting at home hoping Mignolet doesn't pull a Federici tomorrow.

Pretty nervous, to be honest. Sherwood has done a good job at Villa - Especially with their attacking players. I still think we'll edge them, though... We should, really.
I actually hope Aston Villa win in the off-chance Sherwood's ego grows to the extent that his head literally explodes.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
I actually hope Aston Villa win in the off-chance Sherwood's ego grows to the extent that his head literally explodes.
I'll stick to my guns and reiterate that I quite like Sherwood, and thought he'd do well from the off. I'm tired of managers praising bad performances (Rodgers does this a lot), but Sherwood will just come out and say if his team did crap, and I appreciate that :)

Still, I hope we cane them :lol:

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool will absolutely spank Villa.
I don't think it'll be that easy. Sherwood has his team fired up & we've struggled to play against Benteke, who is in fine form right now, in matches gone by. We've no settled defensive line, especially now Sakho is out, and Agbonlahor can also do us over with his pace.

It should be a good game. Both Sherwood & Rodgers will try to win it with attacking football, and I can see both sides scoring a goal or two. Money has to be on us, though...

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I don't think it'll be that easy. Sherwood has his team fired up & we've struggled to play against Benteke, who is in fine form right now, in matches gone by. We've no settled defensive line, especially now Sakho is out, and Agbonlahor can also do us over with his pace.

It should be a good game. Both Sherwood & Rodgers will try to win it with attacking football, and I can see both sides scoring a goal or two. Money has to be on us, though...
Wasn't long ago that we played them and they looked absolutely dire. Granted that was at OT and not a neutral venue, and Liverpool have gone off track a bit after a good run of form, but even with a makeshift defence you should be okay.

Sylar

Benteke will be a handful for Liverpool.

Imagine a Cleverley vs Welbeck final haha

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Wasn't long ago that we played them and they looked absolutely dire. Granted that was at OT and not a neutral venue, and Liverpool have gone off track a bit after a good run of form, but even with a makeshift defence you should be okay.
Was that before or after Sherwood took over? They'll be up for this more than any other game this season, and I think there's plenty for us to be worried about... But we should win, right? Right! This is the team I'd like to see.

Mignolet
Johnson Skrtel Lovren Moreno
Hendo Can Allen
Coutinho
Sturridge Sterling

All players in their natural positions - Shocking, right? I know Johnson is terrible & Manquillo would be a better defensive option, but our full-backs can surely take advantage of Villa on the massive Wembley pitch, and Johnson, despite his numerous flaws, is still decent going forward.

This, however, is what I think we'll see.

Mignolet
Can Skrtel Lovren
Hendo Lucas Gerrard Moreno
Coutinho Sturridge Sterling

Yep. We know we don't have a RWB, but we'll play Hendo there anyway, despite him failing at every attempt so far. Can may be a CDM by trade, but we'll continue to play him in a back three because we've no other CBs to play. Well, except Kolo Toure, but playing a vastly experienced CB in a game like this surely wouldn't work - Derp. Gerrard will come straight back into the squad, despite us being better without him - After all, it's his cup. And Lucas will no doubt start at CDM... I like Lucas, and before his injuries, he was a pretty damn good player, but right now, I see him as a massive red card risk. I swear that 90% of his tackles are late... The guy will be late to his own funeral.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Lucas is missing the game through injury. Gutted for him, this will be the 4th time he's contributed to a cup run but missed the game at Wembley. Hopefully we give him an opportunity to play in the final. Hope to god this doesn't mean Gerrard drops back into the middle, Villa's counter attack has done us a number of times already.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Lucas is missing the game through injury. Gutted for him, this will be the 4th time he's contributed to a cup run but missed the game at Wembley. Hopefully we give him an opportunity to play in the final. Hope to god this doesn't mean Gerrard drops back into the middle, Villa's counter attack has done us a number of times already.
We've got to plan Can there. I'm not really liking the idea of Gerrard just walking back into the squad, but I REALLY hate the idea of him walking back into the squad in a makeshift position. If he plays, in my opinion, he plays in the hole.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I'll stick to my guns and reiterate that I quite like Sherwood, and thought he'd do well from the off. I'm tired of managers praising bad performances (Rodgers does this a lot), but Sherwood will just come out and say if his team did crap, and I appreciate that :)

Still, I hope we cane them :lol:
I would under normal circumstances, but I get the sense he does it to take the blame away from himself. Kind of person who'll criticise his players after a defeat but will have no problem exalting how his "win ratio is second to none" when it goes right for him.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Was that before or after Sherwood took over? They'll be up for this more than any other game this season, and I think there's plenty for us to be worried about... But we should win, right? Right! This is the team I'd like to see.
After. His record has been no great shakes:

Relax. Only game other than those listed he's been in charge of is the 2:0 win over West Brom in the cup. You'll be fine.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Aston Villa
Starting XI: Given - Bacuna, Baker, Vlaar, Richardson- Cleverley, Westwood, Delph - Grealish, Benteke, N'Zogbia
Bench: Guzan, Okore, Lowton, Gil, Cole, Sinclair, Weimann

Liverpool
Starting XI: Mignolet - Can, Skrtel, Lovren - Markovic, Henderson, Gerrard, Allen, Moreno - Sterling, Coutinho
Bench: Jones, Johnson, Manquillo, Toure, Borini, Balotelli, Lambert

Drifter

American
Good .It would be all the sweeter if Villa deny him the FA Cup final.

saivet

D Studge injured again? I probably shouldn't but I'm tempted to watch this game.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Probably what I'd have went for too. It's a pretty poor line-up but not many alternatives given our injuries/lack of depth.