Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Even if you are referring to their current team, you don't talk in those terms about a club with Red Star's history.
Unless Liverpool travelled back in time to the early 90s, I reckon I might be talking about their current team, who are shit.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Unless Liverpool travelled back in time to the early 90s, I reckon I might be talking about their current team, who are shit.
You dissed the club though. You can say "a poor Red Star side" or similar. "Fudbalski Klub Crvena Zvezda" was deliberately used as "some shite tinpot club from Eastern Europe".

What a bizarre thing to say. Would you respond the same way if someone said the same about a great performance vs. Forest @antohan ?
I guess the same could/would apply if I were more invested in English sides of yesteryear. I've never known them to be good though, just have a faint childhood memory of them playing Nacional in the Toyota Cup.

Red Star is football royalty though, no matter what their current state is. If only we had sent our reserves to get trounced by Fudbalski Klub Crvena Zvezda back in 1958...

ivaldo

You dissed the club though. You can say "a poor Red Star side" or similar. "Fudbalski Klub Crvena Zvezda" was deliberately used as "some shite tinpot club from Eastern Europe".
In terms of their ability as a team right now, that's exactly what they are. Deal with it.

El-Manos

Well not really since established players are transferred based on those performances....can they replicate that form is another question but past performances provide a benchmark of expectation. Fabinho has definitely not hit the mark yet but last night performance was a big step towards what is expected.
I’m not criticising Fabinho, just saying that it means very little these days. In my opinion players are transferred on the basis of their attributes and qualities not so much champions league performances. It obviously matters but it’s hardly the main motive to buy a player.

Anfieldroad

Supports
Liverpool
Thought he was fantastic last night,really good performance in only his second start.Agree with previous posts about how he might be the answer to our DM role. He kept it simple and his stats were excellent aswell. As for the much maligned Hendo...all i can say is he must have something about him. Hes been captain at almost every team hes played for. Are all his previous managers and coaches seeing something we arent? For me hes obviously not top drawer but hes missed when hes not playing,he ups the tempo and is constantly looking for the ball but i dont think hes confident enough in his ability to spray passes ala Gerrard,whose massive boots he has to fill. I think hes quality but lacks that cockiness of the top,top players. For a Liverpool captain to get the stick he does is absolutely shocking and they need to get a grip and realise that Hendo is Hendo and not the new Stevie G

Charles Miller

I’m always angry and you always moan, we’d make a great pair.
Nah, that "moaner" tag is childish and unfair. Some of those guys gave me that when i was fighting for our sacred right to insult players in the match day thread.

el3mel

It's so weird reading the meltdown we all had at the first pages of this thread when we saw that our transfer summer was going to be shite and people were saying we're exaggerating and we'll sign players etc. One of the few times I sided with a meltdown and it was proven all right. We ended up having a crap summer like we expected.

ashfritz

Supports
Liverpool
I like what I see with Fabinho, even from the CC game against Chelsea he showed glimpses of what he can do. Granted the game against Red Star wasnt against the most challenging opponents, but he displayed his physical attributes well. Has got the longs that can get around an opponent and nick the ball, something we haven't had in a while. If he gets up to speed he will be a beast. Think he will start to come into his own in the next few weeks especially around the Christmas fixture rotation, like Ox and Robertson.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
In terms of their ability as a team right now, that's exactly what they are. Deal with it.
Deal with it? :lol:

I've more important things to deal with than worrying about a disrespectful anonymous poster on redcafe.

It's the norm.

ivaldo

Deal with it? :lol:

I've more important things to deal with than worrying about a disrespectful anonymous poster on redcafe.

It's the norm.
And yet here you are, getting upset about it!

Disrespectful :lol:

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yeah you can see why he hasn't been playing

RooneyLegend

Been saying for the longest time hes a rank avarage player. Never understood why anyone wanted him.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I thought he was fairly decent considering the circumstances. Didn't hide and involved in some important defensive actions. Not a great performance on the ball, but it was a baptism of fire against a difficult opponent.

haram

I thought he was fairly decent considering the circumstances. Didn't hide and involved in some important defensive actions. Not a great performance on the ball, but it was a baptism of fire against a difficult opponent.
He was shite mate.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Fabinho was the worst player on the pitch and lucky not to get sent off towards the end of the game.

Bang average player.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He also rode his luck not getting a second yellow. One to move on from though, he’ll get better, I think.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I said in the summer he didn't strike me as a Klopp CM and so it shouldn't be surprising that he's barely played
A Fred-esque season so far.
Except as proved by the first pages of this thread Fabinho came with a ton of hype and regret. Fred was someone barely anyone had seen consistently enough to form opinions one way or the other

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Keita and Fabinho are two players used to playing in a double pivot. With their interest in Fekir I think Klopp's plan was to go back to the 4-2-3-1 he played at Dortmund but, with no Fekir they are still playing 4-3-3 and neither really fits the system.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I can’t remember the last time I watched a game between two top 6 teams and there was one player who looked so absolutely horrible. He just kept shrinking in confidence with every mistake. He seemed to freeze up even more every time he got the ball. It was nightmare stuff tbh. He should have been taken off at half time

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I was wondering where the trolls had disappeared to.

Been quiet recently haven't we guys?
Not nearly as quiet as Fabinho's performances for Liverpool this season.

You disagree that he was poor (again) and that he was deserving of a red card, I take it?

ivaldo

It's hard to troll him when he doesn't play. When he does start he doesn't disappoint though.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo

I mean... you’re a Liverpool fan on a Manchester United forum. I don’t indulge myself but I don’t know what else you would expect.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Looked lost. Stood out like a sore thumb for how poor he was. Horrible, horrible performance. Not a chance he ever becomes a regular in that side unless he improves drastically. Another Bakayoko is my guess

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Really poor game today. He'll get over it. Will be good once he's up to PL speed.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Worst player on the pitch!
Watched the match with a Liverpool supporter, said him not getting in ahead of Henderson says it all right now

Also, I am not one bit arsed about getting into a discussion about him. I don't care about him or Liverpool. My team is a bag of redundant condoms

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Completely ridiculous to write him off after one game whilst completely disregarding his performances against Red Star, Cardiff and Huddersfield which were very good.

Arsenal are a very good side and he’s still new to the league. Most of his games will be against the Cardiff’s and the Huddersfield’s anyway.

Last edited:

CognitiveNeuro

The guy played like a Championship level midfielder...one of the worst performances I've seen by a Liverpool midfielder....Klopp's recruitment normally has been A+. WTF happened there?

It was embarrassing...should have been taken off at HT

Also for all those saying he had good performances. He was (partly responsible) for the goal conceded in Napoli because he failed to close the channels properly and was poor against Chelsea as well.