Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

Vadim

Yeah, Obertan came to us after an astonishing season for Bordeaux having played mouth watering 870 minutes in the league having amassed staggering 1 goal 0 assists in the easy league. The year before he was running riot, 700 minutes and 2 goals 1 assist was probably what convinced us in the end, not every player can do that (apart from every player in Ligue 1 obviously).

Looking back, I'm starting to wonder whether we weren't simply laundering money the best negotiating club to convince such a star to play for us.
My original point is fair though. Judging a player in Ligue 1 is pointless considering the huge step up which is the Premier League.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It's a relief for Liverpool fans to know that the vastly overrated Fabinho will soon be replaced by the hugely overrated Keita.

Keita is the epitome of a headless chicken based upon what I've seen so far.

He'll score a goal when he returns, likely the 4th against Fulham and the hype will go through the roof again.

Both of them have everything to prove still IMO

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You were lucky multiple times this season mate. Chelsea last minute wonder goal, Mahrez missing the pen, Arsenal totally outplayed you. Chelsea have been much better then you guys. It is not hating but teams seem to have found you out, heck you scored just 2 more then us !!
We created more chances than Arsenal did and wonder goals aren’t lucky.

I’d argue a point was fair in both games. City was a fortunate result because of the penalty.

How are we having our joint best start to a PL season if we’ve been figured out?

Treble

We created more chances than Arsenal did and wonder goals aren’t lucky.

I’d argue a point was fair in both games. City was a fortunate result because of the penalty.

How are we having our joint best start to a PL season if we’ve been figured out?
When was the other best start to a PL season? 08-09 or 13-14?

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Meh, new league, new system, Klopp's pressing game is demanding, there'll be loads of wanking about him in a half a year or so.
Yeah, this.

He was a class act before he joined Liverpool, there's a reason why City and us were interested. He needs time to settle into the PL, like quite a few players do. Hasn't had too many minutes on the pitch, looked understandably rusty, still doesn't know what Klopp wants of him. I know we really want Pool players want to fail spectacularly, especially ones we wanted (Mane, Firmino), but it would be madness to write him off right away.

BTW, I'll give it 6 months before the caf thinks he's better than Pogba.

Edit: I'm happier at the fact that a 'PL proven' Shaqiri looks toothless and lost. He's the wrong backup purchase, with no consistency at all. When one of the front three is out with injury or off form, they are left with 2 hot-and-cold injury prone backups :P

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Yeah, a Man Utd fan on the biggest Man Utd forum around being negative about Liverpool. He’s such a WUM.

I don’t know why Liverpool fans come here in their droves looking for Utd fans to say positive stuff about their team? If you want that, there are loads of Liverpool forums out there, no?
Not this shite again. I hate Liverpool as much as anyone but having oppo fans here is what makes this place better than most. So if YOU don’t like it then you’re welcome to jog on

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah, Obertan came to us after an astonishing season for Bordeaux having played mouth watering 870 minutes in the league having amassed staggering 1 goal 0 assists in the easy league. The year before he was running riot, 700 minutes and 2 goals 1 assist was probably what convinced us in the end, not every player can do that (apart from every player in Ligue 1 obviously).

Looking back, I'm starting to wonder whether we weren't simply laundering money the best negotiating club to convince such a star to play for us.
I literally laughed the day it was announced and I remember Blanc being openly surprised by the move, stating that Bordeaux and Lorient failed to get anything from him.:lol:

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
When was the other best start to a PL season? 08-09 or 13-14?
Interestingly I think it was 02/03 where we had the same points tally at this stage. It went horribly wrong after that for Houllier.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Makes you wonder what Jardim saw in him, or how he did so well for Monaco.

Leave poor Bruno out of this,
The French league is relatively weak, particularly in terms of depth, you can't really use it as a measurement of a player's ability. Any club who brought him was always taking a punt. If I recall correctly, the resident French lads on the forum were dead against us signing him.

I like Bruno, he's probably my favourite Liverpool player. That he was the worst ever to wear the jersey has absolutely no bearing on the matter.

Nice tagline :lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The French league is relatively weak, particularly in terms of depth, you can't really use it as a measurement of a player's ability. Any club who brought him was always taking a punt. If I recall correctly, the resident French lads on the forum were dead against us signing him.

I like Bruno, he's probably my favourite Liverpool player. That he was the worst ever to wear the jersey has absolutely no bearing on the matter.
I like him but didn't want him at United because his role wasn't suited to our managers and I don't see anyone using someone like that in the PL outside of Guardiola when he was a rightback, which is his best position in my opinion. Atletico and Juventus were better fit.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You’re such a WUM and awful poster when Liverpool is concerned.

Tell me who should be above us? United and Tottenham who are grinding out wins and winning in stoppage time against midtable teams and have already lost in the league, United even multiple times? Arsenal who easily lost against two of the top 6 sides they faced and couldn’t beat us at home? Didn’t think so.

Only City and Chelsea deserve to be above us at the moment and that’s likely the case after today. We haven’t lost in the league, easily held our own against any top 6 side we’ve faced (3 away from home without a loss) and seen out games professionally. You can’t win every game 4-0 ffs.

And I’m not sure what you mean with “another nothing midfielder” since Milner and Wijnaldum have both been excellent this season.
Again with the "you're all WUM" posts (what is it with you Liverpool fans?)

Fabinho is distinctly average footballer based on the evidence of his performances this season. It's hardly wumming to call a spade a spade.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
A good player that signed for the wrong club. Klopp don't seem to move away from the formula that performed last season, only injuries are forcing his hand. That's a pricey back-up solution that they signed.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

Fabinho is distinctly average footballer based on the evidence of his performances this season. It's hardly wumming to call a spade a spade.
I didn’t reply to his point about Fabinho since I didn’t think that was all too wrong, it was the rest of the post that was awful. One can hate as much on Liverpool as they like of course but there’s a difference between hating or talking bollocks. Don’t be surprised if you get called out if you’re doing the latter.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Not this shite again. I hate Liverpool as much as anyone but having oppo fans here is what makes this place better than most. So if YOU don’t like it then you’re welcome to jog on
Wee, I like you :D

That said, I agree with most of the United fans here. Fabinho has showed nothing, & Keita has shown very little. Both have everything left to prove, as right now, I'd rather start our super-freebie Milner over £90m worth of summer recruits.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool

That said, I agree with most of the United fans here. Fabinho has showed nothing, & Keita has shown very little. Both have everything left to prove, as right now, I'd rather start our super-freebie Milner over £90m worth of summer recruits.
I’m more disappointed by Keita so far tbf. Came with much more promise.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I’m more disappointed by Keita so far tbf. Came with much more promise.
Same. Honestly, I never watched much of either, same with Allisson, so I was always reserved when it came to hyping them up. VvD was different, and I feel Robertson has proved himself at this point, but Keita/Fabinho have a long way to go.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I literally laughed the day it was announced and I remember Blanc being openly surprised by the move, stating that Bordeaux and Lorient failed to get anything from him.:lol:
I liked him purely because he looks like a shit alien. Mind boggling how and why we managed to get such superstars like him or Bebe though.

Nick7

I liked him purely because he looks like a shit alien. Mind boggling how and why we managed to get such superstars like him or Bebe though.
Pretty much. Odd looking bloke but that endeared him to me.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

That's small potatoes, mate.

Come back over £400 million worth of accumulated talent cannot get a game for love nor money over academy grads and supposedly inferior players.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I like him but didn't want him at United because his role wasn't suited to our managers and I don't see anyone using someone like that in the PL outside of Guardiola when he was a rightback, which is his best position in my opinion. Atletico and Juventus were better fit.
Either way, it seems we dodged a bullet in not signing him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Honestly they only need to look at Milner as an example on how to perform for this Liverpool team

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
You'd think after the Evra and Vidic experiences (and loads of other players), Utd fans wouldn't be so quick to write off players.

Heyho

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He was looking very good in the past few games against the rabble.

Bit out of his depth against arsenal, but might be a good learning experience for him.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
A good player that signed for the wrong club. Klopp don't seem to move away from the formula that performed last season, only injuries are forcing his hand. .
We're playing a quite different game this season compared to last

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Apart from the goal, Milner (or Wijnaldum for that matter) was absolutely no better than Fabinho yesterday.

A good player that signed for the wrong club. Klopp don't seem to move away from the formula that performed last season, only injuries are forcing his hand. That's a pricey back-up solution that they signed.
That really is a ridiculous statement based on one game.

Also, we've played 4-2-3-1 multiple times this season.

Bwuk

Not sure Fabinho suits how Liverpool play, I actually think he’d be better here as the #6 pivot. Liverpool’s midfield presses a lot higher, ours has more of a structured shape too it.

izec

Since when do we judge a player on one bad game? I'm a big fan of Fabinho and wanted him to come here but he was terrible against Arsenal, not sure why Klop didn't sub him off.
That said, he's new to the PL and will probably get better over time.
Since forever, especially the rival ones if they play shit at the beginning.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
He was looking very good in the past few games against the rabble.

Bit out of his depth against Arsenal, but might be a good learning experience for him.
Expected. Fabinho is often surprised by the closing down from the top teams. He's left shocked that players marking Mane, Firmino or Salah 'choose' to leave their own players to run 20 yards to close him instead. Him, who's the least dangerous attacking player.

Once he's cottoned on he'll be wreaking havoc because he's actually technically a very good midfielder. This is why Klopp doesn't rush players in, not even VvD or Robertson who are looking phenomenal now they've bedded in.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool

After playing 3 PL games you've already judged him average lol. He's coming from a different country doesn't even speak the language and playing a different style. Modern football fans hey...

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
After playing 3 PL games you've already judged him average lol. He's coming from a different country doesn't even speak the language and playing a different style. Modern football fans hey...
Clearly, Fabinho is one of the worst transfers in premier league history and a frankly poor advert for professional football in the UK.

A concrete parachute is more useful.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
We're playing a quite different game this season compared to last
I haven't seen every Liverpool game this season, what has changed ? Except having a better keeper allowing you to play a bit more from the back.Once everybody is fit and Oxlade-Chamberlain is back what would be your preferred midfield ?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
I haven't seen every Liverpool game this season, what has changed ? Except having a better keeper allowing you to play a bit more from the back.Once everybody is fit and Oxlade-Chamberlain is back what would be your preferred midfield ?
We're a lot more defensive. More willing to drop deep and let the opposition have the ball.

We're still missing that 10 player to connect midfield and attack. There's no one to pull the opposition out of shape from midfield or who are comfortable in the tighter spaces in the final third.

Butch Cassidy

Supports
Liverpool
Clearly, Fabinho is one of the worst transfers in Premier League history and a frankly poor advert for professional football in the UK.

A concrete parachute is more useful.
Well, now you put it like that...

Deleted member 101472

On paper that midfield is extremely dysfunctional. You think the changing room is going to be a happy place when the captain gets dropped, and 3 new signings (who don’t know the system yet) come in and take over?

I’m wondering just how much people have actually seen keita play. I’ve seen him a lot, and he’s going to be a massive disappointment to a lot of Liverpool fans.
Applies to Fabinho too really

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
@Damien if he has good games against Red Star and Fulham this week can I have my tag line edited to ‘Red Star (home & away), Cardiff and Fulham’?

haram

Did he actually play well against Red Star and Cardiff or we just taking his word for it? He looks pretty shit.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Did he actually play well against Red Star and Cardiff or we just taking his word for it? He looks pretty shit.
Better against Red Star, good against Cardiff. He was really good at breaking up play and starting counter attacks quickly which is better than Henderson’s style of slowing the game down.

He wanted too much time on the ball against Arsenal, but I’m also not sure he’s suited to a midfield three.

We’ve messed around with the midfield a lot this season.