Fabinho | Al-Ittihad player

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The guy played like a Championship level midfielder...one of the worst performances I've seen by a Liverpool midfielder....Klopp's recruitment normally has been A+. WTF happened there?

It was embarrassing...should have been taken off at HT
Did you watch his performances against Red Star and Cardiff?

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Well isn’t he going to have more games against those sort of sides? He won’t be up against Arsenal every week.
He's not. But you'll play better teams than those almost every week.

CognitiveNeuro

Did you watch his performances against Red Star and Cardiff?
Did you watch how he failed to close the channel when Napoli scored the winner? or his performance against Chelsea? He's poor and there's a reason Klopp is afraid to play him/doesn't trust him.

Seven Seas Sardines

I can’t remember the last time I watched a game between two top 6 teams and there was one player who looked so absolutely horrible. He just kept shrinking in confidence with every mistake. He seemed to freeze up even more every time he got the ball. It was nightmare stuff tbh. He should have been taken off at half time
We can thank the German cheerleader for some of that. By the way he reacted to two mishit crosses, it seemed as if Fabinho'd turned up late for training yesterday claiming sex with Klopp's daughter as a legitimate excuse.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Did you watch how he failed to close the channel when Napoli scored the winner? or his performance against Chelsea? He's poor and there's a reason Klopp is afraid to play him/doesn't trust him.
So wouldn’t it be fairer to say he’s been a mixed bag then based on a few appearances, rather than writing him off entirely?

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
So wouldn’t it be fairer to say he’s been a mixed bag then based on a few appearances, rather than writing him off entirely?
It would be even fairer to state the truth - that being he is a less talented footballer than Bruno Cheyrou.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
It would be even fairer to state the truth - that being he is a less talented footballer than Bruno Cheyrou.
Makes you wonder what Jardim saw in him, or how he did so well for Monaco.

Leave poor Bruno out of this,

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
Not sure what game people were watching. He was no worse than Wijnaldum or Milner.

CognitiveNeuro

Makes you wonder what Jardim saw in him, or how he did so well for Monaco.
Makes you wonder the same about Bakayoko

All I'm saying is that he's literally been average at best in those two games and poor to awful in the rest.

Not sure what game people were watching. He was no worse than Wijnaldum or Milner.
Yeah, you definitely need to watch the game again. He was much worse than Milner....at times, he looked totally out of his depth playing.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I wouldn't write him off just yet. He's been very hit and miss thus far. I remember people saying the same about Bernardo after he was out of the team and patchy in his start at City, this season he's been one of the best players in the league.

He might be another Bernardo, he might be another Bakayoko, its too early to judge imho.
He was total shite today though and looked lost dealing with the intensity Arsenal played at.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Oh which of you feckers did that?

Almost three years without a tag line. :lol:

automaticflare

I wouldn't write him off just yet. He's been very hit and miss thus far. I remember people saying the same about Bernardo after he was out of the team and patchy in his start at City, this season he's been one of the best players in the league.

He might be another Bernardo, he might be another Bakayoko, its too early to judge imho.
He was total shite today though and looked lost dealing with the intensity Arsenal played at.
+1 here

Bernardo showed he could play and was good on the ball and would suit pep style

To me Fabinho doesn’t look like he fits with Klopps style at all even when playing half decent he looks out of place to other players on the side compared to keita who I think looks right at place. Klopps style of player

A strange transfer but defo wouldn’t be writing him Off after one game

Member 114837

Fabinho is a good player, but he is slow to play as a no.6 in Klopp's 4-3-3. Fabinho was poor in first half, but improved a bit in the second when Klopp changed it to 4-2-3-1 and moved Wijnaldum by his side. Fabinho still dawdled on the ball too much. Liverpool supporters dis Henderson and his sideways passing too much, but in my opinion, he would have been a better fit for today's game.
But this season, Klopp is again transitioning to his favored 4-2-3-1 formation which he used in BVB, at least against bottom half sides. Fabinho may eventually come good in that double pivot setup. Although the ideal man to play that position just left last summer on a free, and will prove to be a bigger miss than Coutinho.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Meh, new league, new system, Klopp's pressing game is demanding, there'll be loads of wanking about him in a half a year or so.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Hasn’t been the player we expected or needed him to be so far but I won’t write him off after a handful of games. Let’s ease him in a bit more in easier games against lesser sides before we put him in the team at the Emirates, he clearly was a level below most players on the pitch, the speed of the game was simply too much of him.

Hopefully Keita is back soon.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
He’s a turd. Another nothing player in Klopp’s midfield. Liverpool’s placing in the league table is very false at the minute as their overall performances have been quite average. Teams are starting to suss them out and I can see them accumulating less points against the top 6 this season than they even got last year, which itself was down on the season before.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He’s a turd. Another nothing player in Klopp’s midfield. Liverpool’s placing in the league table is very false at the minute as their overall performances have been quite average. Teams are starting to suss them out and I can see them accumulating less points against the top 6 this season than they even got last year, which itself was down on the season before.
You’re such a WUM and awful poster when Liverpool is concerned.

Tell me who should be above us? United and Tottenham who are grinding out wins and winning in stoppage time against midtable teams and have already lost in the league, United even multiple times? Arsenal who easily lost against two of the top 6 sides they faced and couldn’t beat us at home? Didn’t think so.

Only City and Chelsea deserve to be above us at the moment and that’s likely the case after today. We haven’t lost in the league, easily held our own against any top 6 side we’ve faced (3 away from home without a loss) and seen out games professionally. You can’t win every game 4-0 ffs.

And I’m not sure what you mean with “another nothing midfielder” since Milner and Wijnaldum have both been excellent this season.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I thought he was shit too yesterday. Definitely not the same Fabinho we saw at Monaco in their title winning season.

Vadim

He’s shite. Any player can look good in Ligue 1. We’ve seen many a player come over here and look average (Obertan etc).

Vadim

Tell me who should be above us? United and Tottenham who are grinding out wins and winning in stoppage time against midtable teams and have already lost in the league, United even multiple times? Arsenal who easily lost against two of the top 6 sides they faced and couldn’t beat us at home? Didn’t think so.

Only City and Chelsea deserve to be above us at the moment and that’s likely the case after today. We haven’t lost in the league, easily held our own against any top 6 side we’ve faced (3 away from home without a loss) and seen out games professionally. You can’t win every game 4-0 ffs.

And I’m not sure what you mean with “another nothing midfielder” since Milner and Wijnaldum have both been excellent this season.
Yeah, a Man Utd fan on the biggest Man Utd forum around being negative about Liverpool. He’s such a WUM.

I don’t know why Liverpool fans come here in their droves looking for Utd fans to say positive stuff about their team? If you want that, there are loads of Liverpool forums out there, no?

Treble

Didn't Vidic and Evra struggle intially? New country, new team, new style of play...Too early to write him off.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Didn't Vidic and Evra struggle intially? New country, new team, new style of play...Too early to write him off.
Should really always give new players a season before you write them off, but he plays for Liverpool so he might well be the worst signing in the Premier League era.

Judas

Open to offers
I there’s a reason there was very little competition for his signature. We were constantly linked but it was all from his end. Think he’s an alright player, but Liverpool in their current situation should be targeting better.

Schweigaard

Supports
Liverpool
Yesterday he looked like a red card waiting to happen. He seems like a player who will completely dominate bad opponents, but struggles to play well in high tempo games. Still early though, so hard to say.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Oh which of you feckers did that?

Almost three years without a tag line. :lol:
Badge of honour mate. There's nothing like a redcafe LOL player thread to make them superstars within weeks or months. You'll be smiling at that tagline most weeks. :)

Dolf

Since when do we judge a player on one bad game? I'm a big fan of Fabinho and wanted him to come here but he was terrible against Arsenal, not sure why Klop didn't sub him off.
That said, he's new to the PL and will probably get better over time.

tonnas

You were lucky multiple times this season mate. Chelsea last minute wonder goal, Mahrez missing the pen, Arsenal totally outplayed you. Chelsea have been much better then you guys. It is not hating but teams seem to have found you out, heck you scored just 2 more then us !!

Kostur

海尔的老板
He’s shite. Any player can look good in Ligue 1. We’ve seen many a player come over here and look average (Obertan etc).
Yeah, Obertan came to us after an astonishing season for Bordeaux having played mouth watering 870 minutes in the league having amassed staggering 1 goal 0 assists in the easy league. The year before he was running riot, 700 minutes and 2 goals 1 assist was probably what convinced us in the end, not every player can do that (apart from every player in Ligue 1 obviously).

Looking back, I'm starting to wonder whether we weren't simply laundering money the best negotiating club to convince such a star to play for us.