Fabio da Silva | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Thought he did really well today. Stood up well and kept offering up going forward. Good to see him do the full 90 too.
This. I was a tad worried about him leaving gaps in our defence but in the end, he was hardly troubled and the only one in our defence who managed to finish the game without a mistake.

MalteseRedDevil

Excellent. Hes less aggressive but more intelligent than his bro.
Full back positions sorted for the next decade.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He started pretty slowly, but got better as the game went on. The thing I like about these twins is the courage and determination they show. Even when things are not going our way, they keep plucking away.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We basically have two of the same player, it's brilliant.
I reckon Fabio uses his brains to avoid making/getting out of troubles, while Rafael depends more on his speed to save himself.

Both are brilliant though, and I still believe Fabio will eventually be better than Rafael.

Devil may care

Lot on his shoulders today but I thought he was excellent, really grew into the game as an attacking threat in the second half and his work for the penalty was class.

Eriku

I trust him more than I do Evra at the minute
Aye, I miss the Evra of two seasons ago... was one of the players I was always sure would make me go ooh and aah back then.

Back to the threadmatter at hand; chuffed to see Fabio starting to look a solid option, and then some!

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Good composure to win the penalty and another of example grasping an opportunity and performing well. People talk about experience all the time but there are so many examples of kids meeting the challenge

JezChan

With Evra starting to look a bit wank in recent times, I reckon Fabio should be given a bit more of a run, both to bring something new and to give Paddy a refresher/kick up the arse.

Eriku

I trust him more than I do Evra at the minute
Aye, I miss the Evra of two seasons ago... was one of the players I was always sure would make me go ooh and aah back then.

Back to the threadmatter at hand; chuffed to see Fabio starting to look a solid option, and then some!

Ekeke

I think Rafael has more speed and is the better dribbler, but Fabio outsmarts players like today with touches into space that he can get on the end of. And yeah his movement off the ball is fantastic and very dangerous, I think he'll score us a good 5 goals a season when he's starting.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Fabio was brilliant today. He looks more assured defensively than Rafael and he also picks when to make his runs forward whereas Rafael likes to get forward at every opportunity. Love both of them and can't wait to see them playing in the same side for the next decade.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
The twins always get overrated on here for some reason. Yes, he was brilliant in the build up to that penalty, but watch his positioning for some of West Ham's attacks. Average performance.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
The twins always get overrated on here for some reason. Yes, he was brilliant in the build up to that penalty, but watch his positioning for some of West Ham's attacks. Average performance.
It's almost impossible to overrate the twins given how easily they've adapted to English football, and the circumstances in which they've done so.

Rafael and, in particular, Fabio, have had ridiculous misfortune with injury already, and hadn't played any first team football whatsoever before coming to United. The fact that they've slotted in amongst some of the best footballers on the planet already is staggering.

Fabio was not average today, either.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
It's almost impossible to overrate the twins given how easily they've adapted to English football, and the circumstances in which they've done so.

Rafael and, in particular, Fabio, have had ridiculous misfortune with injuries already, and hadn't played any first team football whatsoever before coming to United. The fact that they've slotted in amongst some of the best footballers on the planet already is staggering.

Fabio was not average today.

Good going forward, poor defensively = Average.
Watch his positioning for the fouls and some of West Hams chances when it's on tonight.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Aye, I thought early on he looked a bit ropey. Vidic covered for him more than a couple of times and that was what led to the penalty I think? They had very few chances to get at him though, and he was very good going forward.

Still, huge potential and huge threat right now.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It was always said Fabio was the better defender of the two.

Both players have tremendous futures ahead. They're also able to play many positions which only bodes well for the club.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
I think its hard for a United fan not to overrate a young player with potential, who consistantly shows the type of potential he has. Especially since we have been blessed with watching the likes of Giggs, Scholes, Beckham and the Neville brothers grow up with us.

Godfather

Aye, I thought early on he looked a bit ropey. Vidic covered for him more than a couple of times and that was what led to the penalty I think? They had very few chances to get at him though, and he was very good going forward.

Still, huge potential and huge threat right now.
I thought Vidic' clumsy tackle lead to the penalty?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Good going forward, poor defensively = Average.
Watch his positioning for the fouls and some of West Hams chances when it's on tonight.
Was very good going forward. Not much more you could've asked for him in that aspect.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
There's no getting around that, Vidic is usually much better when covering wide positions than that and he fecked up, but he seemed to be dragged out of position unnecessarily a few times and that was one of them.

Kaiketsu_Zorro

It was always said Fabio was the better defender of the two.

Both players have tremendous futures ahead. They're also able to play many positions which only bodes well for the club.
Actually it was the opposite. Before he came to us, Fabio was thought to be the one who was more offensive and scored goals. At the time, it was said he's more talented than Rafael.

Status
Not open for further replies.