Fabio da Silva | 2010/11 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Pleased for the lad. He's been outshone by his brother so nice for him to have the spotlight today.

fecking tv channel froze and missed the rooney and fabio goal :mad::mad::mad:
My stream froze too. I didn't see either.

But i'm happy for Fabio. It's about time he got his rewards in the first team. He scores regularly for our reserves and he always looks a threat when he goes forward. I'm willing to bet this won't be the last senior goal he scores here.

M160RA

Can't see him deplacing Evra anytime soon, but Fabio probably should be playing ahead of Obertan whenever our other wingers are unavailable.

Shimo

They are average.

Central midfield and he will thrive.
WTF? How do you figure he'll thrive in a central position when he doesn't even play there in the reserves? Do you just make a decision at some point a player will be best in positionX even though there is no indication of it and then just continue to repeat it in the hopes you are right?

Fine maybe he can play a bit on either wing - either twin can but, central midfield, trying to look at it from all angles and don't see how you are arriving at it.

Name Changed

weso26
He could play in a lot of positions and do a job. He is a player we need to use more as he has a lot more to offer. He could become a top player, as could Rafael.

Chrisjn

Puts an end to people calling for us to sign Coentrau. Looks like he can do pretty much everything he does, yet is younger and suprisingly enough just as defensivly sound.

Would love to have him as back up down the whole left flank.

SAF likes versitile players, as do I, and you can never have to many of them.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Yes he does.
he's played a few games there and looked good but we have players coming through and playing on the left doesn't stop him so much so there's no point.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Was yesterday's match the first time where Fabio actually heard the final whistle whilst on the pitch?

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
He has looked comfortable at reserve level, to be fair. Think it's a more a testament to his ability rather than how suited he is for the position, mind.

Longlivekeano

He needs to put in hours in the gym, beef up his physique. Then he will be a Phil Neville for us. Left back, Right back, DM,....Left midfield, right midfield

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Amidst all the hoo hah over the team I'm quite keen to see how he gets on on the left wing today.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's a FachT (as Rafa would say) that Rafael is the better of the two.
Can we finally now put to bed the myth about his brother being better? I think so.
I'd like to leave these here for future reference (two of many) for when Fabio finishes growing and gets rid of those minor injuries and he gets a run of games because he's got real quality.

His off-the-ball runs when we're in possession are very intelligent and penetrative, it's one of the key differences in the twins' play and it's very obvious.

Plenty of development left in them both.

Cina

Hehe, you said penetrative.

I agree though Brwned, really was unfair to judge Rafael as being better when Fabio has been so much more restricted in his position due to Evra who rarely ever gets injured/tired (touch wood), and his injuries.

Mojo_pin

I'd like to leave these here for future reference (two of many) for when Fabio finishes growing and gets rid of those minor injuries and he gets a run of games because he's got real quality.

His off-the-ball runs when we're in possession are very intelligent and penetrative, it's one of the key differences in the twins' play and it's very obvious.

Both he and Rafael look like they can play anywhere. Just a matter getting match fit and game sharp.

Widnes

I actually think he has more ability than Rafael but has had bads luck with injuries and getting a run of games at left back, wing seems a obvious place to play him to get him physically up to standard even if his long term future is at left back.

Both are going to be world class, at the moment Rafael is ahead of him but I think he has just had the more luck with his position and fitness could have easily happened other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.