Fabio da Silva | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I didn't think you could take two loans from the same club?
Fair enough. I hadn't realised that. Then one of these stories about Zaha and Fabio must be nonsense.
You can, Damien put it on the last page that you can't have more then 2 from the same team, so both Fabio and zaha could go. Qpr had 2 from spurs last season as well.

Chris H

Video Posting God
From the Guardian:

Manchester United's Fábio da Silva set for loan move to Freiburg
• David Moyes happy to allow Brazilian left-back to go
• Talks with Bundesliga strugglers are at advanced stage

Fábio da Silva could move on loan to the Bundesliga club Freiburg from Manchester United until the end of the season.

Discussions are at an advanced stage and David Moyes is content to allow the left-back to leave as the United manager has Alexander Büttner as cover for Patrice Evra in the position. Moyes's willingness to allow Fábio to depart also underlines that hopes remain regarding a temporary move for Fábio Coentrão, the Real Madrid left-back, despite resistance from the Spanish club.

Gladiator

the writing was on the wall. I just hope he develops well and goes on to have a good career. I was hoping he and rafael would be our future FBs for years to come but it doesnt look that way. I think he's a good player but he needs to play so he can iron out his mistakes and become a more mature defender

The Black Pearl

Hurling Man of the Land
I would have thought a bigger club than Freiburg would have shown an interest in him now. Either way it's looking like it's all over bar the shouting for him at Utd now anyways and I hope he goes on to have a good career for himself. I thought he was a decent full back and who knows if he got a few more chances or a proper crack at it, things might have turned out different for him.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
If the reports are true then its a real pity, i rate him better than Buttner.
As does every single person in football besides Moyes. I have yet to find one fan who rates Buttner over Fabio.

MDFC Manager

In truth both are awful defensively. And in case of Fabio, he seems to be injured more often than Rafael, which says a lot. I hope he does have a top career but I really don't see this coming back to bite us in the future.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
In truth both are awful defensively. And in case of Fabio, he seems to be injured more often than Rafael, which says a lot. I hope he does have a top career but I really don't see this coming back to bite us in the future.
Bit of a stretch to label Fabio an awful defender.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
If he really goes to Freiburg, it might be the best move he can make at this point. Not too much pressure on him and one of the best managers for developing young players. Streich really is a brilliant coach. His contract is up at the end of the season, right? Should be interesting if he maybe stays longer, 18 months in Freiburg before making the step to a bigger club again would be a really smart decision for him, imo.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
For his own sake he should get out of there. It's a shame really, I think he's a brilliant talent with loads of potential. There's still time for him to salvage his career.

Varun

Staff
Sad to leave him go. Really thought he could make it here. Oh well, what a difference being left footed can make. I hope our our sake that Buttner leaves soon too. He will never be good enough.

Decotron

Unless he wants to go, us keeping Butters and loaning Fabio is staggeringly retarded.

Then again we may buy another left back so that might explain it somewhat.

It still doesnt explain Buttner though.

Tibs

Good luck Fabio mate, sorry for Moyes being thick and playing Buttner ahead of you

Castia

Good luck, I don't think he was capable of being our first choice left back (injuries dont help either) but he's a better player than Buttner. Good luck to him, hope he gets a regular starting place under Ole.

It's sad knowing the twins are getting split up :(

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
Rafael doesnt buck up his ideas then he is next. I thought Fabio was going out on loan
Do you really think rafael has been poor? I think he's been one of the few consistent performers.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Well he was the better talent to begin with when the twins got here first.
Not denying that, but he clearly became the inferior player to Rafael.

I egg folk to read some of the comments from the earlier part of this thread - people need to just accept that he isn't what we expected him to turn out to be.
Whether he peaked too early in comparison to his brother, or whether he just didn't have the same mentality that Rafael seems to have.

Wish him the best.

Ekeke

I think he can be one of the best attacking fullbacks in the league if he can stay fit and play week to week football. Will be an excellent signing for Cardiff if they make it happen, I'm actually surprised a bigger club isnt in for him. But they will be soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.