Fabio da Silva | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

Looks like he's off =[. But I guess given our pursuit of a left back and the fact buttner played ahead of him, it's no surprise really.
i m convinced that certain decisions like this one have been taken quite a long time ago. (i m referring to Anderson and fabio's transfers amongst others). The arrival of moyes just put everything on hold.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Glad he went there at least. Still in Britain, will see his brother, we can see him carry on developing, will be coached by Ole etc. Many good things have come out of this.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Good luck to Fabio, really felt he deserved more of a crack at it. Yes, he hasn't been in sparkling form this season but if you were frozen out and marginalised even when Buttner is putting in shocking performances you'd probably be demoralised and out of sorts too.

Glad he's staying in Britain think it would've been hard for Rafa if Fabio went to Germany or something. Ole knows him well too. If anyone can get him playing its Solskjaer.

Count Orduck

Is his contract expiring or are you cancelling it? Seems an unusual move.
It expires in the summer. It's possible we're letting him leave for free now just to get him off the wage bill, since no one will pay us money for him regardless if all they have to do is wait to get him for free in the summer. We also have a habit of letting young players who haven't made it here leave for less than market value would normally determine.

I'm pleased that he'll go somewhere he'll hopefully be a starter, and it's nice he's staying in the league. I really hope Cardiff stay up now.

Rossa

Would probably have been a wise decision to have a buy-back clause - I still think he can come good given playing time. I don't think Ole would screw United over anyhow though.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Wonder will he make his debut against us?

Fabio v Rafael :(
:lol: could you imagine a 50/50 ball, both go flying in with 2 feet and end up in a huge explosion. After the dust settles the ref pulls out 2 red card's and they just walk off hand in hand

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
:lol: could you imagine a 50/50 ball, both go flying in with 2 feet and end up in a huge explosion. After the dust settles the red pulls out 2 red card's and they just walk off hand in hand
:lol:

Hope he does well there. Sad to see him leave:(

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
When is Rafael's deal due to expire? Did he sign a contract extension separate to Fabio's?

Rossa

Its really a weird situation. Both fabio and zaha featured heavily in our preseason games and as soon as the season started they get frozen out.
Very few, if any, United supporters understand any of this. Fabio is at least twice the player Büttner is - with Büttner only having a slightly better left foot as a superior attribute; all other aspects of the game Fabio is superior hands down. Zaha would probably have come off the bench a few times if we were able to dominate games or win comfortably this season.

OneUnited24

Very few, if any, United supporters understand any of this. Fabio is at least twice the player Büttner is - with Büttner only having a slightly better left foot as a superior attribute; all other aspects of the game Fabio is superior hands down. Zaha would probably have come off the bench a few times if we were able to dominate games or win comfortably this season.
Having watched Fabio I really don't understand why United fans are so defensive of him, granted when he came here he was tipped to be better than Rafael but in recent years (granted due to injuries) hes not shown anything that makes me think he would reach Rafaels level. Fabios been typical of a few of our squad players, good on occasion but either injured or average the rest. I think this is a good move for him and we should have a buy back clause if he does the business under Ole.

Zaha is a odd one but if rumours are true that this move went to his head its a good move to loan him out to mature a little.

Rossa

Having watched Fabio I really don't understand why United fans are so defensive of him, granted when he came here he was tipped to be better than Rafael but in recent years (granted due to injuries) hes not shown anything that makes me think he would reach Rafaels level. Fabios been typical of a few of our squad players, good on occasion but either injured or average the rest. I think this is a good move for him and we should have a buy back clause if he does the business under Ole.

Zaha is a odd one but if rumours are true that this move went to his head its a good move to loan him out to mature a little.
Due to injuries, he's never had a prolonged spell at United but once. When he did, he played very well. I agree that he's stagnated quite a bit. A buy back clause would be a very good option to have, I think. He can still develop into a great player as he is still young.

Brophs

The One and Only
How can they sign him on a Bosman if his contract hasn't expired? I presume it's just going to be for no fee.

OneUnited24

Due to injuries, he's never had a prolonged spell at United but once. When he did, he played very well. I agree that he's stagnated quite a bit. A buy back clause would be a very good option to have, I think. He can still develop into a great player as he is still young.
See i'm not so sure he did, sure we can say he played well in the UCL final or 3 years ago (which ever season we had Fabio and Rafael play on the wings vs Asnl in the FA cup) but since hes not really done it. In games I saw he always looked like he had a red card in him and wasn't really surprised he never got a run in the team because managers probably didn't trust him.

He did seem to have a good footballing brain and positioning but I always felt players would get a chance against him. Or maybe I am being harsh on the lad expecting him to be a Rafael v2.

Drifter

American
Really had hoped we would have seen the Da Silva brothers become a regular fixture in the team.Wish him all the best and hope he stays injury free.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good luck Fabio. Think he'll become a top fullback if he stays clear of injuries. Ole is bringing in some genuine talent now though, well done to him. Daehli, zaha and Fabio, as well as eikrem.

lysglimt

Scout
Would be stupid if we allowed him to sign for Cardiff in time to play us - so I assume we have a condition that he has to sign after the deadline for that.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Good luck Fabio. Think he'll become a top fullback if he stays clear of injuries. Ole is bringing in some genuine talent now though, well done to him. Daehli, zaha and Fabio, as well as eikrem.
And Kenwyne Jones... Don't forget about Kenwyne Jones.

Dominos

Absolutely baffling. Our only genuine full back cover for Rafael, and he can play both sides. Clearly it's not pained Moyes as much as us watching Smalling at full back this season, we've got that to look forward to even more often now.

He's not given a chance since 2011, Fergie's and Moyes' nuthuggers can justify it all they like with speculation that he must've been shit in training or he's visibly declined to the point he's not been deserving of a single chance of playing time but let's not delude ourselves that he's demonstrated he's not good enough on the pitch, because he's not even been given the opportunity to do that. The last time he was he was shining in Champions League quarter, semis and final. And now we're going to have to spend millions on multiple full backs in the summer when we had a fecking clone of our first choice right back already at the club, who's already demonstrated he can hack it at the top level of European football, who is still young, who could've deputised on either side of the defence any time we wanted.

Timdbro

Absolutely baffling. Our only genuine full back cover for Rafael, and he can play both sides. Clearly it's not pained Moyes as much as us watching Smalling at full back this season, we've got that to look forward to even more often now.

He's not given a chance since 2011, Fergie's and Moyes' nuthuggers can justify it all they like with speculation that he must've been shit in training or he's visibly declined to the point he's not been deserving of a single chance of playing time but let's not delude ourselves that he's demonstrated he's not good enough on the pitch, because he's not even been given the opportunity to do that. The last time he was he was shining in Champions League quarter, semis and final. And now we're going to have to spend millions on multiple full backs in the summer when we had a fecking clone of our first choice right back already at the club, who's already demonstrated he can hack it at the top level of European football, who is still young, who could've deputised on either side of the defence any time we wanted.
Or as much as watching Buttner...now that's pain.

Giggsforever

Would be stupid if we allowed him to sign for Cardiff in time to play us - so I assume we have a condition that he has to sign after the deadline for that.
If he leaves us now, it will be on loan. They might have also agreed a contract with him for a permanent move as you can during the last six monthes of a players contract. The permanent move will be in the summer, if they want him permanently from this window, they will have to pay for the transfer. If he is loaned out, he will not be able to play against us.

If he is loaned out now and they have agreed a contract with him, then it's evident that OGS is using his contacts at the club for all it's worth. Not normal to give the club that signes a player like that to get a loan deal.

LARulz

If he leaves us now, it will be on loan. They might have also agreed a contract with him for a permanent move as you can during the last six monthes of a players contract. The permanent move will be in the summer, if they want him permanently from this window, they will have to pay for the transfer. If he is loaned out, he will not be able to play against us.

If he is loaned out now and they have agreed a contract with him, then it's evident that OGS is using his contacts at the club for all it's worth. Not normal to give the club that signes a player like that to get a loan deal.
I don't think you can have 2 players loaned from the same club in the PL, also I don't think English clubs can offer pre contracts to players of other English clubs till June or something. So this one is a perm deal it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.