Fabio da Silva | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adebesi

My brother in law is a Cardiff fan and I've been with him quite a few times in recent years. If we had to sell Fabio I'm glad he's gone there. I've always been a hopeless optimist when it comes to Fabio - and his brother - and I'm still convinced he has it in him to be a really good player. He just needs a bit of luck with injuries.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I don't know whether to feel annoyed about this or not, given that we've barely seen him but for that 5 minutes.

Ekeke

Would probably have been a wise decision to have a buy-back clause - I still think he can come good given playing time. I don't think Ole would screw United over anyhow though.
It would be a bit unusual for us not to. We had those kinds of clauses for the likes of Kieran Richardson and Chris Eagles so by this point I kind of expect it with every young player who leaves. Mind you we never use them, until Daehli

LR7

I bet we buy him back for £20m in a couple of years...
My Dad said this.
I'm really sad about how this has turned out. Should be first choice back-up to both full back spots and would get plenty of games when we need to rest Evra or when Rafael is out. Oh well, I'm sure Ole will look after him. Has he signed anyone who isn't current or ex-United yet? :D

wonnie

Good luck to Fabio. What's transpired since that CL final in 2011 remains a mystery to all of us here on the Caf. Wish him all the best and can't help but think we'll regret letting him go.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Best of luck to Fabio, always gave his best and left us with some very good memories. Look forward to watching him progress through his career and really hope he does well for himself.

Timdbro

The more I think about this....there must be a reason we've sold him to a club with Utd connections, instead of any other. I don't know whether there's a formal buy-back clause or anything like that, but the relationship we have with Ole must have come into it somehow, and not just as a favour to him.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Best of luck to the lad, didn't progress like his brother and remained a bit injury prone. A decent full back is there in the making, see him as a right back though.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
No, but all the signs are there. Supposedly he's been for a medical.

Does this mean we're bringing in a left back in January, or do we make do with Büttner until the summer?
We've made do with Buttner so far, seems silly to get rid of Fabio, but we've talked that to death, clearly Moyes doesn't rate him..

So, nothing's confirmed and that yet then? I'm going to just quietly hope it's all rubbish, but it does seem his time is limited, I'd rather keep Evra for another year and buy I a young fella..

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
From Champions League Final apperance, to QPR loan, to Cardiff...

What an odd arc. Good look to him though.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

Worst thing is I've never heard he's a bad trainer/morale/personality, just seemed to genuinely be out of luck by Pat's form, then our next managers dislike for a right footed left back, again it's only speculation, but I can't see any other reason..

Adebesi

Indeed. He could be playing in the Championship next season while his twin brother, who was originally supposed to be the inferior player, is securing Manchester United's 21st PL trophy. For me it shows how fine the line between success and failure is at this level and how important luck is in football. Luck with injuries and luck with a place in the squad opening up to you - or not.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Well it's completed then, he starts training with them today.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Any sauce?
Yeah, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. It showed his press conference on MUTV.

He said Fabio and Jones start training today and expects Zaha to complete his move in next 24 hours.

Dominos

Worst thing is I've never heard he's a bad trainer/morale/personality, just seemed to genuinely be out of luck by Pat's form, then our next managers dislike for a right footed left back, again it's only speculation, but I can't see any other reason..
What do you mean by that? He's been poor for 3 and a half seasons, and often looked knackered and in need of a rest - which Fabio could've given him...

We've also been playing centre backs at right back for the last 2 and a half years, which Fabio also could've addressed.

Instead we stuck him in the reserves and sent him on loan to the worst run club in the league... And now we let him go for free, 6 months before his contract has finished.

Why anyone wants to treat this as anything other than retarded I've no idea.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
What do you mean by that? He's been poor for 3 and a half seasons, and often looked knackered and in need of a rest - which Fabio could've given him...

We've also been playing centre backs at right back for the last 2 and a half years, which Fabio also could've addressed.

Instead we stuck him in the reserves and sent him on loan to the worst run club in the league... And now we let him go for free, 6 months before his contract has finished.

Why anyone wants to treat this as anything other than retarded I've no idea.
I meant by that then when he Initially joined, Pat's form kept him out the squad, that's a fact, if he's been poor the last few years, clearly I wasn't referring to that?

You believe Fabio could have played centre back? I think I've real all I need to :lol:

Dominos

I meant by that then when he Initially joined, Pat's form kept him out the squad, that's a fact, if he's been poor the last few years, clearly I wasn't referring to that?

You believe Fabio could have played centre back? I think I've real all I need to :lol:
No, he could've played right back, with him being an actual full back n all... Read the post.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Solskjær confirmed Fabio is unable to play against us.

Deal will go through tomorrow.

That's good, because if not he would've scored the winner against us I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.