g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fabio da Silva

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Not if he wants first team football.

Everton don't have any cover for Baines, do they? I was looking at their roster earlier and they looked a bit thin on the ground in defence, especially on the left flank; Baines (L), Jagielka (C), Distin (C), Alcaraz (C), Stones (C,R). Somebody like Fabio, who can play both left back and right back and is good going forward would be a good addition to their squad. @SilentWitness

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Not if he wants first team football.

Everton don't have any cover for Baines, do they? I was looking at their roster earlier and they looked a bit thin on the ground in defence, especially on the left flank; Baines (L), Jagielka (C), Distin (C), Alcaraz (C), Stones (C,R). Somebody like Fabio, who can play both left back and right back and is good going forward would be a good addition to their squad. @SilentWitness
Oviedo? He's injured though I think.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Oviedo? He's injured though I think.
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten about him. He's supposedly made a very quick recovery from his broken leg, there was talk of him making the World Cup and I think he only just missed out on it. He'll be back not long after the season begins, I think.

FromTheBench

Maybe QPR will want him back ?

But i doubt anyone will pay the price Cardiff will want for him right now as he hasn't done anything much there.

LR7

I'm still bitter about Moyes selling Fabio. We could do with him now more than ever as cover for both flanks. :(

Nickosaur

Still think Fabio can be a top, top player if he gets the niggling injuries down, much like Rafael has (well, he's cut down on them at least).

marlowe78

I've been angry about what was done with Fabio last season and I've even more irritated because I think van Gaal's system would be ideal for a player like him.

footballgirl07

Have been watching a number of Cardiff games so far this season and he really does look like he is too good for that league. I know the issues with injuries have ment he hasn't played not nearly enough games to show the player he could/should of been. But at 24 and if and a big if, if he can stay fit, I reckon he would be a good buy for a number of PL teams. Just some stats: Cardiff played 14 games so far in the league, he has missed 3 games, 1 through illness and the other 2 games through injury, those 2 games were 2 games in a row. He needs to play as much as possible now as comparing stats with the amount of games he has played with his brothers, it is poor. Plus he needs to shave his furry thing on his chin off
With his motm award for game v Ipswich

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
@footballgirl07 It's strange to think, just three years after playing in the Champions League final (admittedly mostly because Rafa was injured), Fabio's making a living in the second tier...

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Pity they're not completely identical. Would be funny to see them try to secretly swap roles for a week.

footballgirl07

@footballgirl07 It's strange to think, just three years after playing in the Champions League final (admittedly mostly because Rafa was injured), Fabio's making a living in the second tier...
Funnily enough, SkySports were showing the HLs of the CL final from Wembley on Saturday. He did play really well that day. It is shame with the injuries have put him back but he still young. I just really hope he can get together a good length of games this season. His appearance record really isn't that great at all since he came here with Rafael. I know it was easier for Rafael as Nev was nearing the end of his career and Fabio had Evra in front but still, injuries has cost him valuable game time to make him better.

Bwuk

Fabio was great in the season we got to the champions league final.

footballgirl07

Fabio was great in the season we got to the champions league final.
Was just looking at the appearances for that season between the 2 and even though he made the most appearances that season for us, rafael still played more. Was also the season we had both on opposite wings v Arsenal in the cup.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Was just talking about him today with my brother in law. Strange that this just got a bump, unless... @Sam , are you my brother in law?

Santos J

He was one of their best players this season before Slade decided to drop him for no reason, seems to have been frozen out the same way Daehli has been. Good chance he'll move on next month.

Sam

Was just talking about him today with my brother in law. Strange that this just got a bump, unless... @Sam , are you my brother in law?
:nervous:

Damn you, I thought YOU had something interesting to bring to the table!
You can tell him apart from Rafael because he wears a wedding ring. Apart from when he's playing football and he's not allowed to wear a wedding ring.

Sam

He was one of their best players this season before Slade decided to drop him for no reason, seems to have been frozen out the same way Daehli has been. Good chance he'll move on next month.
Ah, that doesn't sound too great.

Rossa

You can tell him apart from Rafael because he wears a wedding ring. Apart from when he's playing football and he's not allowed to wear a wedding ring.
I knew THAT! Damn, once more you made me take a look in this thread only to find out there was nothing more to find out. Anything new about his chest hairs?

Rossa

I still think he could be a handy squad option at United considering that he can play RB and LB equally well.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
He's great as a wing-back and can play on either side. Would happily have him back and I think he could have a decent part in the squad.

Sam

I knew THAT! Damn, once more you made me take a look in this thread only to find out there was nothing more to find out. Anything new about his chest hairs?
Not sure about chest hairs, but I can tell you that he was one of their best players this season before Slade decided to drop him for no reason, seems to have been frozen out the same way Daehli has been. Good chance he'll move on next month.

They both do now.
Did Rafa get married as well? Blimey, I can't keep us with these two. Lucky Fabio moved on, now there is literally no way to tell them apart.

gormless

He was actually one of our better players in the CL final. He actually looked like he wasn't shitting himself when Barca pressed him unlike most of our players. Strange to see him in the Championship

Ivor Ballokov

I've been to a few Cardiff games this year and he's not progressed all that much to be honest, he's very positive but naive defensively and prone to a stupid mistake almost every game. The City fans were chanting his name the last game I went to though so they seem to like him.

Slade seems a pretty uninspiring character and I would not be surprised to see Fabio move on soon.

Acole9

Outstanding
Criminal that a player of his ilk is playing in the Second Division.
It really isn't if he can't even get in their starting eleven. Russell Slade is a decent manager he wouldn't drop Fabio without a reason. Good chance he'll move on in January.