6.0 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoTMS

Did you not see the last game he played where he was a massive liability twice after coming on?
He made two mistakes against Forest in a dead rubber iirc, neither of which we were made to pay for. Compare that to the infinite chances Antony and Sancho keep getting. Why are you so keen to write him off?

MUFC OK

That 4th goal happened because their fullback forgot that wingers were allowed to take on their man on the outside after playing against Antony for 85 mins.

MUFC OK

The way he chose to go outside with the ball and just accelerated around the opponent but still has the control and composure to get the ball across was very Messi-esque. Exciting player
Or just normal wing play :lol:

Faetheshire86

Hard to think of another player who has done so much, with so little time. I like that he offers something different to Anthony off the bench, but I wonder how long we can keep a full international happy with 15 minutes off the bench every other week.

Tee27

Certainly deserves some more minutes everytime he’s come on he’s shown real quality. So direct and always looks like he’s going to beat his man with that acceleration.

Surely should be above Elanga in the pecking order.

Morpheus 7

He really intrigues me, like to see more minutes. He was lightning quick for that goal, makes things happen. Like to see full game in return leg. Him and Garnacho are great options from the bench.

Lost bear

That 4th goal happened because their fullback forgot that wingers were allowed to take on their man on the outside after playing against Antony for 85 mins.
That’s right. All part of Erik’s cunning plan.

Lost bear

Certainly deserves some more minutes everytime he’s come on he’s shown real quality. So direct and always looks like he’s going to beat his man with that acceleration.

Surely should be above Elanga in the pecking order.
Agree.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I've only seen him here and there but I like him. I think EtH should let him start vs So'ton on the weekend.

The Purley King

There are not many players who could squeeze past a left back in that position. Especially given where the LB was pellestri was by no means a favourite to get on the outside.
low centre of gravity and an intelligent pull back.
He is a serious talent hopefully we can fit him in somewhere.
Very promising performance he should get much more time off the bench than he has done so far.
We are stacked in the winger dept…….

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He and Garnacho are interesting counterparts. The latter is more talented and a bigger goal threat but Pellestri looks like he could be equally effective but as more of an old school winger type. Played to their strengths we have an abundance of talent to choose from dependent on the situation. Amad coming back next year will make us absolutely spoiled for choice.

Last edited:

Malone_Post

He’s definitely got something about him. Very old school winger vibes.

Not sure he’s going to be Eriks cup of tea, as he seems to very much favour inverted wingers, but I’d like to see more of the kid.

pacifictheme

He made two mistakes against Forest in a dead rubber iirc, neither of which we were made to pay for. Compare that to the infinite chances Antony and Sancho keep getting. Why are you so keen to write him off?
I'm not keen to write him off. I'm also quite comfortable with Antony being our right winger. Sancho has not played much since coming back.

Irrational.

There’s definitely something special about him. There’s a reason he started most of the Uruguayan games in the WC at such a tender age and his team mates speak so highly of him.

He’s going to develop into a fantastic winger or CAM. I see shades of David Silva in him in the way he controls the ball and brings it forward so effortlessly. His decision making also seems to be very good. Looks brighter than all wingers we have at present bar Rashford and Garnacho.

If he was in the Bundesliga he would absolutely tear it up if Sancho is anything to go by.

I have very high hopes for him and I hope ETH keeps him and plays him regularly.

MrBest

That 4th goal, he swiped out about 5 players with a turn, change of pace and a strong pass to Scott. He deserves to be at the very least, in front of Elanga. Deserves more minutes, he has a very good future in the game. Can run with ball, cross, has pace, good technical ability, intelligent but is raw. Needs to be nurtured and given more time.

MiceOnMeth

Wait he's only 21? I thought he was 23! Feels like he's been here ages for some reason

RC89

Hereon out he should be getting the Garnacho treatment. Sub him on for Antony for the last 20-30 mins for most games, he like Garnacho will catch defenders cold with his pace late on in games.

AndyMUFC

Like this lad, he's perfect to bring on against tiring legs with his directness. Would be nice if he can get a start sometime to see how he does then.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He was spotted by United's head of South American scouting, Jose Mayorga. He nearly joined Lyon before arriving at United. Forlan did recommend him but that was after Jose Mayorga had recommended him to the club according to what I've read and heard via a TGG podcast.

Pellistri had a £8m release clause and it's a no brainer to sign a player with his potential for such a low fee. Even if he doesn't make it, the potential is there to make a tidy profit.

Bondi77

He was spotted by United's head of South American scouting, Jose Mayorga. He nearly joined Lyon before arriving at United. Forlan did recommend him but that was after Jose Mayorga had recommended him to the club according to what I've read and heard via a TGG podcast.

Pellistri had a £8m release clause and it's a no brainer to sign a player with his potential for such a low fee. Even if he doesn't make it, the potential is there to make a tidy profit.
Did he spot Chicarito as well?

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
He has had a few sub appearances this season where he has shown flashes. Not the same impact as Garnacho, but some similar qualities are there (balance, directness, ball control), so he should be seeing more cameos as a youngster than we have done.

Bondi77

He has had a few sub appearances this season where he has shown flashes. Not the same impact as Garnacho, but some similar qualities are there (balance, directness, ball control), so he should be seeing more cameos as a youngster than we have done.
Forget the cameos....he should be starting games.

The White Pele

I’ve completely forgotten he existed in recent weeks when we’ve been lacking a bit of cutting edge in the front line, Rashford aside. He is a really good option for us as he constantly looks to beat his man on the outside and we have a real lack of that without him.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Deserves a start at some point, he has done really well with the limited amount of time in his few cameos.

JustCoco

Supports
Red Devils
His runs when dribbling with the ball always seem so silky and smooth.
I do enjoy how he's very aggressive and isn't afraid to take on his man.

I think we'd score more with his style on the right and Rashford on the left, rather than being a very left-bias team as always

Status
Not open for further replies.