Facundo Pellistri / SIGNED for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
On reddit they're saying this might have been a Butt signing.

Does Nicky have some autonomy over signings in that age range and below?
It'll have absolutely nothing to do with Butt, the people on Reddit have no idea what he does, they seem to think he runs the academy by himself.

0le

He is in charge of first team development.

Woodward on the role:
These changes will further enhance the excellent work and results we have seen over many decades in our academy system and enable us to continue our proud traditions of producing world-class players capable of playing and excelling in the first team.
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ews-nicky-butt-first-team-squad-a9016321.html

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
It'll have absolutely nothing to do with Butt, the people on Reddit have no idea what he does, they seem to think he runs the academy by himself.
One thread a pretty clued up poster mentioned that Butt isn’t in charge of youth recruitment and got massively downvoted. I went in and backed him up and named a couple of the people who are involved in it and got upvoted. The place is a complete shit show and regularly upvotes false info while downvoting correct info. Any Butt or youth related posts from random posters on there should just be assumed to be completely wrong as they usually are.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
One thread a pretty clued up poster mentioned that Butt isn’t in charge of youth recruitment and got massively downvoted. I went in and backed him up and named a couple of the people who are involved in it and got upvoted. The place is a complete shit show and regularly upvotes false info while downvoting correct info. Any Butt or youth related posts from random posters on there should just be assumed to be completely wrong as they usually are.
Yeah they're a really weird bunch. It's obvious none of them have ever watched an academy match in their life and they all act like experts on every player. If you offer any criticism of a youth player you just get downvoted, God forbid you don't think that Mejbri is the greatest footballing talent ever, it's why I stopped even getting involved in Reddit discussions.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Yeah they're a really weird bunch. It's obvious none of them have ever watched an academy match in their life and they all act like experts on every player. If you offer any criticism of a youth player you just get downvoted, God forbid you don't think that Mejbri is the greatest footballing talent ever, it's why I stopped even getting involved in Reddit discussions.
Oh god don’t get me started on having the audacity to be realistic about a youth player :lol:. It’s one of the weirdest things I’ve come across. And I don’t even mean someone like Mejbri, at least he is actually good and rated. No, I mean just say something obvious like Matty Willock or Max Taylor aren’t good enough and are nowhere near ever making it and you get massively downvoted and told you can’t judge young players. They need a chance. It’s crazy.

They also just love any foreign signing who’s been posted in the media and theyve heard the name of. A couple years ago they had a bunch of posts with the top upvotes claiming Millen Baars was in our top 3 players.:lol: Lad couldn’t even get a fecking game.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

it seems like it. I’ve been thinking it for a while. There’s very little dithering with the youth signings. Lots of highly rated young players coming in over the last few years from Europe. We are clearly pushing it and investing more cash than ever. He’s 18 and rough, unless he’s really special he’ll be in the under 23s with a view to a loan most likely. If we could get him a good loan in the championship we’d be laughing but I’d imagine he’ll settle in here until at least the next window if not till the end of the season. He’s hardly a first team squad option this year but who knows how the rest of the window will go. I’m surprised he isn’t staying there for another little while but if he wants to come and get straight into it then respect, I like that.

hungrywing

It isn’t a youth signing and Butt isn’t in charge of youth signings anyway. People on reddit are idiots.
Actually, the post that made me wonder how much Butt was/wasn't involved were posts that were saying otherwise (that Butt wasn't involved). I'm pretty sure limerick's post that (s)he refers to below was one of them.

He is in charge of first team development.

Woodward on the role:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...ews-nicky-butt-first-team-squad-a9016321.html
Yes, I do know he got that new role. It was that part about the whole 'seamless journey for young players stepping up to the next level' that I remembered and which made me wonder how much Butt was or wasn't involved.

I believe I saw your post. I can't remember the names you named though. Your post was the one that made me wonder if the youth team has some degree of autonomy over a fixed budget and if those people called all the shots.

Literally the only thing I'm wondering is whether the youth setup have a fixed budget and autonomy over transfers (after which obviously King Woodward comes down and signs off and makes things final)

it seems like it. I’ve been thinking it for a while. There’s very little dithering with the youth signings. Lots of highly rated young players coming in over the last few years from Europe. We are clearly pushing it and investing more cash than ever. He’s 18 and rough, unless he’s really special he’ll be in the under 23s with a view to a loan most likely. If we could get him a good loan in the championship we’d be laughing but I’d imagine he’ll settle in here until at least the next window if not till the end of the season. He’s hardly a first team squad option this year but who knows how the rest of the window will go. I’m surprised he isn’t staying there for another little while but if he wants to come and get straight into it then respect, I like that.
I agree it seems like Mejbri aside they get their business done with almost no fuss. Although if you think about it, it's kind of always been like that.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I reckon he'll get a run out or two at some point this season if he adapts well. Looks a great dribbler and could be a threat off the bench in a cup game perhaps. Looks like his crossing and shooting may need some work and obviously we'll be wanting him to fill out a bit but it's not like we're awash with amazing right wingers. Mata is currently staking his claim as our second best RW. :rolleyes:

Ed9

Does anyone know the level of the league in Uruguay? Can he be compared to a Championship talent?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I reckon he'll get a run out or two at some point this season if he adapts well. Looks a great dribbler and could be a threat off the bench in a cup game perhaps. Looks like his crossing and shooting may need some work and obviously we'll be wanting him to fill out a bit but it's not like we're awash with amazing right wingers. Mata is currently staking his claim as our second best RW. :rolleyes:
His YouTube is pretty rough and his game seems to need a lot of work but ya maybe he could surprise a few people (me included!) this season.

Daonico

Does anyone know the level of the league in Uruguay? Can he be compared to a Championship talent?
Crap
I don't get to see championship football, but to give some context, the two main teams (Nacional and Peñarol) win the league almost every year, however they fallen giants internationally, none of them (nor other Uruguayan team of course) have won anything outside of Uruguay (like libertadores or copa sudamericana) since 1988 when Nacional beat PSV in the club world cup. They were both pretty succesful before that.

As I said before there is a huge different in the physical and fitness side, that will be Facundo's first and main challenge. I don't think he will be able to play first team football before several months of bulking up and adapting his body.

sp_107

bit of a common occurrence here. VDB - VDS
James- Giggs
Bruno- Ronaldo
Pellistri- Forlan
Sancho- Rashford? :wenger:

Giggs advised Moyes to ignore Thiago in 2013 as he thought Thiago didnt have what it takes to play for UTD.

Same Giggs thinks James can be next Bale, I never trust his Judgement on players

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Love signings like this, unknown players for less price, if it works out well then upside is big, if it doesn't then it won't cost us much. We can always loan him out and sell for decent price.

Hopefully he will be better than the last player we signed from Penarol.

ti vu

He's got the spanish passport. That still solves it, doesn't it?

My turn to ask... does he (and Cavania) have to do quarintine in England? how long?
I think from outside EU countries, they need to be. Someone like Carlos Vicinius (Tottenham new forward), didn't need to, and rumored to be in their travel squad for the game, despite only arrive in England for few days from Portugal.

roonster09

Scout
Thanks for posting the article.

Primarily a right-winger, but capable of playing on either flank, Pellistri possesses a devastating turn of pace and is extremely quick across the ground both with and without the ball. Combined with his excellent ball control, agility and skillful footwork, this potent mix makes Pellistri an accomplished dribbler. Pellistri has averaged 9.56 dribbles per 90 this season with an impressive 60.87% success rate.

Unsurprisingly Pellistri also ranks third in the Uruguayan Primera for progressive runs (3.95 per 90). His wing wizardry also means he puts in a solid 3.33 crosses per 90 and draws plenty of fouls in dangerous areas.

Away from the eye-catching attacking qualities, Pellistri also has all the defensive work-rate that has become par for the course when it comes to Uruguayan players. From pressing opponents high up the field, where he typically averages 1.25 recoveries in the final third and 2.29 counter-pressing recoveries per 90, to using his stamina and determination to track back and help out his full-back, Pellistri doesn’t shirk his defensive responsibilities.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
He has 2 goals and 2 assists in 37 games. I‘d be surprised if he’s an immediate first team signing but we’ll see.
I very much doubt that straight away too.

dinostar77

Great website, love reading the scouting reports on the youg stars of the future.

If we genuinely are in for him, then this is another example of where there isnt enough forward planning at the club. He looks abit raw for the PL and will need time for him and his family to settle. If he was being bought as your future right winger then you would need a stop gap signing for a season or two ala Perisic for example so Pellestri could develop and be first team ready in by 2022/2023 season ( he'd be 19 in this example). Thats where a DoF comes in to look and plan for these things.

Also Riquleme called him a special talent.

Last edited:

macheda14

Great website, love reading the scouting reports on the youg stars of the future.

If we genuinely are in for him, then this is another example of where there isnt enough forward planning at the club. He looks abit raw for the PL and will need time for him and his family to settle. If he was being bought as your future right winger then you would need a stop gap signing for a season or two ala Perisic for example so Pellestri could develop and be first team ready in by 2022/2023 season ( he'd be 19 in this example). Thats where a DoF comes in to look and plan for these things.
Firstly it doesn’t look like he’s being brought in to immediately start, he will be bedded in slowly. Secondly, if he’s 18 in the year 2020 why would he be 19 in 2022/2023, 2 years from now?

Alemar

Doesn’t he look alike young Cavani? Very similar face

Tarrou

looks really good for his age, can't see him playing too much first team football this season though

might surprise us though

Alemar

looks really good for his age, can't see him playing too much first team football this season though

might surprise us though
Why shouldn’t he play if James is sold? He will be a first backup to Greenwood and maybe also can play LW sometimes to cover for Rashford

Bestietom

Firstly it doesn’t look like he’s being brought in to immediately start, he will be bedded in slowly. Secondly, if he’s 18 in the year 2020 why would he be 19 in 2022/2023, 2 years from now?
He is 19 in December this year.

Tarrou

Why shouldn’t he play if James is sold? He will be a first backup to Greenwood and maybe also can play LW sometimes to cover for Rashford
He might but I just don't see it. It would be amazing if he came in and hit the ground running but I wouldn't expect it. He'll need some time to bed in.

sillwuka

He looks very right footed, dribbles only with that foot and never takes a touch with his left.

Doesn't use stepovers but body feints to beat a man. Interesting

AneRu

I think the emergence of Greenwood makes our RW situation a bit less critical in that we don't need either of them to set the world on fire right away. If he is good enough to make 20 appearances for us that's enough time for Greenwood to get a rest and we still have Mata and Lingard to fill up the appearances quota.

I may not be the best person to argue for his case because I always think that the club should always be on the lookout for potential rough diamonds to mould. It would be good if getting him allows us to cash in on James even though I still want to see him given one more chance.

roonster09

Scout

We have Greenwood for RW. If we sign this young player, we won't be expecting him to be ready for first team from this season.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Giggs advised Moyes to ignore Thiago in 2013 as he thought Thiago didnt have what it takes to play for UTD.

Same Giggs thinks James can be next Bale, I never trust his Judgement on players
The words judgement and Giggs have no place in the same sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.