Falcao at Chelsea | Potential flop of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winrar

Will we go Welbeck on him? Massively overrate/underrate him and then bump his thread every time he scores or misses? And will we give him a standing ovation when he comes to OT? He's genuinely showed some respect with his departure, cant say the same about others.
can see him becoming the new welbeck here.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
We saw him play one or two matches having been injured for a long time, signed him on the basis that he was a big name and would further help us to strut our feathers in the absence of Champions League football, and expected him to hit the ground running in a team that didn't know which way it was supposed to be facing in an attacking duo that really shouldn't have been interrupted. He needed to be gingerly reintroduced into a hugely physical and competitive league and been told and shown that no matter how long it took, we would wait for him to inevitably regain his top form.

Jose Mourinho will do this.
Since when has Mourinho been some manager who rejuvenates players careers? Why would he tell him that he'll have as long as it takes? Falcao will be back up to Costa, but nothing more. Also, why is it inevitable? The guy had knee surgery, and his poor form had very little to do with us. He just didn't perform well at all in a United shirt despite getting loads of opportunities. Plenty of effort, but the quality was gone.

Roboc7

We saw him play one or two matches having been injured for a long time, signed him on the basis that he was a big name and would further help us to strut our feathers in the absence of Champions League football, and expected him to hit the ground running in a team that didn't know which way it was supposed to be facing in an attacking duo that really shouldn't have been interrupted. He needed to be gingerly reintroduced into a hugely physical and competitive league and been told and shown that no matter how long it took, we would wait for him to inevitably regain his top form.

Jose Mourinho will do this.
He was given as much time as he deserved and we could afford give him, rehabilitating falcao was not as important as trying to get back in the champions league and his performances were so poor he was a liability.

Mourinho has very little patience, he doesn't rotate unless he has to so falcao will be in a very similar situation to last season, I don't think mourinho has ever told any player he will wait as long as it takes for them to regain form.

Robbie Boy

In all honesty though, I wish he had fecked off to Italy or Spain. If and it's a big if, he can rediscover any semblance of his past form, he will be a great option for Chelsea. Judging by the fact he generally failed to stay on his feet last season, this looks unlikely, but you never know.

Djemba-Djemba

It's a bit like when Hernandez spent a year moaning about not playing enough and then decided to go and sit on the bench at Real Madrid. If Falcao feels like he needs to be playing every week to reach full fitness he's not going to be getting that at Chelsea.

Mourinho doesn't even rotate for the League Cup.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
So. Is anyone going to get all offended if he dares to celebrate if/when he scores against us?

Or do we reserve that sort of derision for local lads who actually scored some
important goals and never cost the club a penny?

Particularly interested in the views of those who had a go at Welbeck over the FA Cup goal celebration, obvs.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We made the right decision on our part at the time. That will never change, irrespective of what he does or doesn't do at Chelsea. I don't think he'll do an awful lot, truth be told.

He will score more goals, however. I think that goes without saying.
Agree, it would have been an incredible decision to keep him on. He looked sluggish, didn't suit us, can't see him playing as a a loan front man for us, and it was quite worrying seeing him make no impact against lower division teams in cups.

I really do feel quite foolish for my early season fan boy behaviour, even considering a FALCAO shirt!

Name Changed

weso26
So you want to see a player who plays for a team that will most likely be our biggest competitor for the title next season do well? That's just odd
Chelsea will be excellent regardless of whether or not Falcao has a decent season.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Since when has Mourinho been some manager who rejuvenates players careers? Why would he tell him that he'll have as long as it takes? Falcao will be back up to Costa, but nothing more. Also, why is it inevitable? The guy had knee surgery, and his poor form had very little to do with us. He just didn't perform well at all in a United shirt despite getting loads of opportunities. Plenty of effort, but the quality was gone.
There is that saying that "form is temporary and class is permanent". Mourinho gets it right more oftten than he gets it wrong. I wont be surprised if Falcao does well there.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
Good luck to him. Just glad he didn't sign for the scouse or the light blue lot.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
There is that saying that "form is temporary and class is permanent". Mourinho gets it right more oftten than he gets it wrong. I wont be surprised if Falcao does well there.
Tactics wise yeah, but give me an example of a players career who he recovered, made them rediscover their form after being in woeful form for a while? Class is permanent, but so is the fact that he had ACL surgery which is always incredibly hard to come back from. And that has clearly affected his game.

Winrar

ah yes, just like that certain ukranian striker that played so well under mourinho

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
So. Is anyone going to get all offended if he dares to celebrate if/when he scores against us?

Or do we reserve that sort of derision for local lads who actually scored some
important goals and never cost the club a penny?

Particularly interested in the views of those who had a go at Welbeck over the FA Cup goal celebration, obvs.
Well you clearly seem more butthurt than the people you are mocking

Sam

Falcao's **** like status continues, some people actually want him to do well at Chelsea? Seriously?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
About Falcao celebrating if he scores? Couldn't give a toss. Just like I couldn't give a toss when Welbeck celebrated that goal. Not sure what your point is?
Bit rich to expect a point after you have just made a post about a hypothetical Falcao celebration after a hypothetical goal for a club he is yet to sign for.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Chelsea will be excellent regardless of whether or not Falcao has a decent season.
That's not the point though. Having Falcao doing well for them will increase their chances...him being bad is good for United. The team you support?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Falcao's career has been kind of ruined by Mendes and Co, being second choice at Chelsea is hardly a sensible move for him but he has no other option.

Red For Ever

He now plays for another club, I am assuming we could have kept him if we had wanted, but as likable and respectful as he is,
I could not see anything that made it seem like a good idea.
So he has gone elsewhere, I don't wish him any harm, but as a player for the main contender for the team most likely to be pushing for the title,
I hope he does not do well,

pauldyson1uk

He was a cracking player, who tried to get his form back , but he failed.
Hre wants to try again at Chelsea good luck to him, personally dont care where he ended up, I don't really see him improving any team that he is in and certainly not at Chelsea, there is better than him there already.
If he plays against us and scores and celebrates, so what.
He is now and Ex-United player.

Mali_Zeus

He will probably be a 3rd striker there and will be used as Drogba. Dont see him being any better than Drogba has been this season.

Mali_Zeus

Dont ruin 'Mourinho does everything best' athomsphere here.

Brophs

The One and Only
This season will be the second time he shits all over Abramovich's Chelsea.

Name Changed

weso26
Comprehension isn't the issue, it's the content.

"I want the new Chelsea striker to score bags of goals, but that doesn't mean I want Chelsea to do well"

Because logic.
That's not the point though. Having Falcao doing well for them will increase their chances...him being bad is good for United. The team you support?
I'll explain this again. Chelsea will score goals. If I had a choice between seeing Costa scoring 20 goals or Falcao scoring 20 goals, then I'd choose Falcao because he is an ex United player and I like him. It's really simple.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm dreading this. We'll just have to win the league to make sure it doesn't hurt.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
Mendes is obviously exerting his influence here. Chelsea and Mourinho help him out by providing a client with an unlikely second chance in the Premier League and next time he has a real prospect to sell then I'm sure Chelsea will have first refusal or something similar.
I can see this happening.

...aka Las Cortinas

has no mates
It's not weird at all. I don't have to want Chelsea to do well. He could score 20 league goals and Chelsea could come 5th. Saying I want Falcao to do well doesn't mean I want Chelsea to.
It is a bit weird though.

If Falcao is playing well next season then you can bet your arse Chelsea will be doing too. Nice guy, but I hope he falls on his fat arse every time he touches the ball next season.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I'll explain this again. Chelsea will score goals. If I had a choice between seeing Costa scoring 20 goals or Falcao scoring 20 goals, then I'd choose Falcao because he is an ex United player and I like him. It's really simple.
Yeah but you said something about not wanting him to fail at Chelsea. Costa is going to score lots of goals anyway...the only thing that is up for debate is whether Falcao will be scoring goals when Costa is injured or rested. I think it's a bit strange that a United fan wouldn't want him to fail for chelsea

Jacob

I feel cheated. Can't wish him the best but he seems like a great person.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bit rich to expect a point after you have just made a post about a hypothetical Falcao celebration after a hypothetical goal for a club he is yet to sign for.
Falcao's career has been kind of ruined by Mendes and Co, being second choice at Chelsea is hardly a sensible move for him but he has no other option.
:houllier:

Status
Not open for further replies.