Gaming Fallout 4

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I only did 2 of them, but i've started the other one with the Paladin which is actually taking me to places where there are quests rather than me finding lots of locations with just 3 ghouls and nothing else there.
Paladin Danse? I think there's one decent quest with him where you need to find a missing recon group. Apart from that nothing but radiant stuff

There's only maybe 4 or 5 good side quests in the game. Would you like the locations?

Cina

After i got the radio signal for the Brotherhood of Steel mission at the Police Station quests are coming in thick and fast which is nice to see. Actually puts substance to the places i visit which is nice. Barely touched the main quest, not sure if i will go to Diamond City until/unless i am forced to do so.
You should go to Diamond City asap. Opens up lots more quests and side quests for you.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Paladin Danse? I think there's one decent quest with him where you need to find a missing recon group. Apart from that nothing but radiant stuff

There's only maybe 4 or 5 good side quests in the game. Would you like the locations?
Aye, spoiler them if you could!
You should go to Diamond City asap. Opens up lots more quests and side quests for you.
Took your advice, thought it would be bigger than it was which is why I was also avoiding if for a while. Not nearly as confusing as Rivet City.

Oo0AahCantona

2 moments for me that stand out so far,
im level 30, just killed the courier, When you go into the atomic sea or whatever its called for the first time was probably one of the most epic video games moments ive had for years. Proper gave me the chills trecking out to the crator of atom.

Also when the Prydwyn comes to the commonwhealth, vertibirds in toe was just so bloody epic. even now ill be wandering around and youll see squadrons of attack choppers putting brotherhood troops on the ground vietnam style. its just crazy how atmospheric the world is.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Aye, spoiler them if you could!

Took your advice, thought it would be bigger than it was which is why I was also avoiding if for a while. Not nearly as confusing as Rivet City.
Hole in the Wall - Vault to the left of Diamond City
Human Error - Town of Covenant (right of the starlight drive in which is in the middle bit of the map)
Diamond City Blues - Diamond City
The Big Dig - Town of Goodneighbour (to the right of Diamond City)
Silver Shroud - Town of Goodneighbour
Confidence Man - In Diamond City

Can't think of anything else decent

MajorTom

How much did they cost you?

Also, the Deliverer gun in this game is such a joy to shoot. That and the automatic laser rifle were the only guns I ever used. The Deliverer though is just :drool:

MajorTom

Fair bit of coin there. If they go like any of the others then it will be a good investment at some point if you do decide to sell. Look nice though and so does that skyline print that you have.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'm level 31 and feel like i'm coming to the end of the game. I have a lot of quests at the moment but i'm pretty sure they're all just repeatable ones, are they worth doing? If i do repeatables does it end up unlocking new actual quests? I'm talking about the Minutemen, Railroad and Brotherhood of Steel quests.

MajorTom

I'm level 31 and feel like i'm coming to the end of the game. I have a lot of quests at the moment but i'm pretty sure they're all just repeatable ones, are they worth doing? If i do repeatables does it end up unlocking new actual quests? I'm talking about the Minutemen, Railroad and Brotherhood of Steel quests.
I'd ignore Preston and the generic scribes of the Brotherhood after two or three missions. Level 31 is low though, you can easily get to 50 with the main and proper side quests. I was in and around level 40 before starting to faction off.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'd ignore Preston and the generic scribes of the Brotherhood after two or three missions. Level 31 is low though, you can easily get to 50 with the main and proper side quests. I was in and around level 40 before starting to faction off.
I'm also partly getting a bit bored. There isn't enough variation in what's happening. Like others have said it's a huge world but with not much to it.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
No you don't get anything apart from XP and bottlecaps for the repeatables. Pointless quests to add padding

I finally finished the game myself last week. Picked the institute as the other 2 seemed kinda boring

MajorTom

I'm also partly getting a bit bored. There isn't enough variation in what's happening. Like others have said it's a huge world but with not much to it.
Why not try to platinum it? It gives something extra if you do that, something to aim for. I spent like 12/13 hours on it a weekend for a month, enjoyed it that way.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
No you don't get anything apart from XP and bottlecaps for the repeatables. Pointless quests to add padding

I finally finished the game myself last week. Picked the institute as the other 2 seemed kinda boring
I've completed all the ones you've suggested also so i don't think i'll find any good ones. :lol:

I might just finish it and then re-start when there's DLC.

MajorTom

That was the only chore for me. Saving before picking my faction and then doing the other two as I'd had enough at that point. Was good to see the other perspectives. Actually, the trophy for 100% happiness in a base was shite, that took like 5 hours in itself.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I've completed all the ones you've suggested also so i don't think i'll find any good ones. :lol:

I might just finish it and then re-start when there's DLC.
Have you found the 'Kid in a Fridge' quest? I haven't done it but apparently its so bad that it should be experienced.

I've restarted with a new character and just used the book glitch to give myself 10 points in each category. Going to try and do a sword player to make it feel different. The lack of dialogue options really hurts replayability though when compared to the old ones. The female voice actor is a lot better than the man though

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
That was the only chore for me. Saving before picking my faction and then doing the other two as I'd had enough at that point. Was good to see the other perspectives. Actually, the trophy for 100% happiness in a base was shite, that took like 5 hours in itself.
I spent quite a lot of time making a base too....at the end though it feels a bit pointless as there's nothing really going on there. Just a bunch of nameless settlers growing potatoes/sleeping

MajorTom

I spent quite a lot of time making a base too....at the end though it feels a bit pointless as there's nothing really going on there. Just a bunch of nameless settlers growing potatoes/sleeping
How many did you make? I just did sanctuary and red rocket. All the rest just left them alone, way too many to build anything worthwhile.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
How many did you make? I just did sanctuary and red rocket. All the rest just left them alone, way too many to build anything worthwhile.
sanctuary and the starlight drive in. Made a pretty massive building at the drive in which doesn't have a roof due to material shortages...

Parry Gallister

Actually, got to eat some words from earlier - on 3rd play-through (Minutemen as opposed to Railroad/BOS) and it's a lot of fun, much better than the BOS so far. Had a lot more random encounters than the previous two which have kept things fresh and seen a fair amount I'd missed (radio signals, quality assurance, old guns, gunners' plaza etc.). Can't see myself doing an Institute run though, (did most of their missions before betraying them brutally the first time).

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Can't get enough of this. Reminds me of the first time I played Skyrim.

Deleted member 78215

Managed to play and complete this, recently. I enjoyed the ride, but God, the endings are so empty. I don't understand why they don't have a few post-ending quests to make it feel like what you did actually had consequences. War might never change, but neither does bloody anything else.

Nickosaur

Survival mode is on the way and DLC info will be announced soon.

I'm level 58, nearly 100 hours in (a lot of settlement building admittedly) and I still haven't finished the main quest, or even alienated a faction yet.

edit - i said 200 hours to sound cool

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
DLC info released:-
https://bethesda.net/?utm_source=fa...nd-workshop-far-harbor-and-more/2016/02/16/77

Fallout 4 Add-Ons – Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor and More
Since Fallout 4 launched, we’ve been blown away by your support for the game. It stands as our most successful title ever and that couldn’t have happened without you. It’s been truly inspiring, the stories, images and experiences that you’ve created. And now it’s time to share with you some of what we’ve been creating – our first series of add-ons: Automatron, Wasteland Workshop and Far Harbor.

Automatron
Price: $9.99 USD | £7.99 GBP | $16.95 AUD
Release: March 2016

The mysterious Mechanist has unleashed a horde of evil robots into the Commonwealth, including the devious Robobrain. Hunt them down and harvest their parts to build and mod your own custom robot companions. Choose from hundreds of mods; mixing limbs, armor, abilities, and weapons like the all-new lightning chain gun. Even customize their paint schemes and choose their voices!

Wasteland Workshop
Price: $4.99 USD | £3.99 GBP | $7.95 AUD
Release: April 2016

With the Wasteland Workshop, design and set cages to capture live creatures – from raiders to Deathclaws! Tame them or have them face off in battle, even against your fellow settlers. The Wasteland Workshop also includes a suite of new design options for your settlements like nixie tube lighting, letter kits, taxidermy and more!

Far Harbor
Price: $24.99 USD | £19.99 GBP | $39.95 AUD
Release: May 2016

A new case from Valentine’s Detective Agency leads you on a search for a young woman and a secret colony of synths. Travel off the coast of Maine to the mysterious island of Far Harbor, where higher levels of radiation have created a more feral world. Navigate through the growing conflict between the synths, the Children of Atom, and the local townspeople. Will you work towards bringing peace to Far Harbor, and at what cost? Far Harbor features the largest landmass for an add-on that we’ve ever created, filled with new faction quests, settlements, lethal creatures and dungeons. Become more powerful with new, higher-level armor and weapons. The choices are all yours.

And more important, that this is only the beginning. We have plans for more. More than $60 worth of new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016.

Given the expanded DLC plan, the price of the season pass will increase from the current $29.99 to $49.99 USD (£24.99 to £39.99 GBP; $49.95 to $79.95 AUD) on March 1, 2016. However, if you already purchased the season pass for $29.99, nothing changes - you still get everything at no additional cost— the full $60 offering of add-on content for the original price of $29.99. In addition, if you didn’t buy the season pass yet, there is still time: anyone who buys the Season Pass for $29.99 before March 1st will get all $60 worth of content. This is our way of saying thanks to all our loyal fans who have believed in us and supported us over the years.

Want a chance to play these add-ons early? We’ll be running closed betas for each of the add-ons for consoles and PC. And you can sign up right now on Bethesda.net. In order to apply, you’ll need to create a registered Bethesda.net account. We’ll be selecting applicants in the upcoming weeks. Players accepted into the beta will receive a code to redeem the content. The beta is the full version (complete with achievements) and those participating will not have to purchase the add-on.

Beyond add-ons, we’ll continue to offer free updates to the game, including new features like the recentweapon debris for PC, and increased draw distances for consoles, as well as more optimizations to gameplay and quests. And something that we’re really excited about, a complete overhaul of Survival Mode that changes how you play the whole game: food, sleep, diseases, danger and more.

We’re also hard at work on the Creation Kit, which will allow you to create and play mods absolutely free. We’re currently testing both Survival Mode and the Creation Kit now, and more details will be forthcoming.

Thanks again for your continued support of Fallout 4. We can’t wait for you to play more!

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Yeah, the music in the games is always fantastic. I still burst into Big Iron On His Hip when I'm doing the ironing :lol:

Slevs

likes to play with penises
I have reached the build the molecular beam mission and just found out you don't have to level up by order. I could have gotten expert lockpicking instantly. I'm level 30 and just unlocked it :(

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Alright lads, just bought the game. However the game lags too much for me when it comes to autosaving and pressing the start button(for the menu). Any fix for that?

Kaos

Sounds like an issue with the 1.3 patch for consoles. 1.4 is out for PC and should be soon out for consoles too, so that should hopefully fix it.

Not sure how to fix it outside of that unfortunately. Perhaps try playing offline?

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Been playing for a week. What a great game. I think it's quite polished for a Fallout game.

@KM Had no issue with it in the PS4. Also, patch 1.4 has been out for two days or so, so that may solve your problems, though I had none of them with 1.3

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sounds like an issue with the 1.3 patch for consoles. 1.4 is out for PC and should be soon out for consoles too, so that should hopefully fix it.

Not sure how to fix it outside of that unfortunately. Perhaps try playing offline?
Been playing for a week. What a great game. I think it's quite polished for a Fallout game.

@KM Had no issue with it in the PS4. Also, patch 1.4 has been out for two days or so, so that may solve your problems, though I had none of them with 1.3
Thanks lads. Haven't really played the game after that as it has really put me off from playing it but will try to update it to the next patch.

Roosney

Alright lads, just bought the game. However the game lags too much for me when it comes to autosaving and pressing the start button(for the menu). Any fix for that?
Thanks lads. Haven't really played the game after that as it has really put me off from playing it but will try to update it to the next patch.
Ahh, too bad I missed your first post about this: I had the same freezing bug on PS4 and found the same "quickfix" for it that @Kaos mentioned, you need to take your PS4 offline. Worked for me.

Roosney

I have reached the build the molecular beam mission and just found out you don't have to level up by order. I could have gotten expert lockpicking instantly. I'm level 30 and just unlocked it :(
Haha, sounds familiar, it took me a lot of time to find out the fast travel option, spend a few Fusion Cores walking back to back places. I thought it was just for the settlements or something.
Same with the VATS, I think I was at level 15 or something when I realized the VATS didn't require any Perk like I thought it would. Stupid me but at least I learned how to shoot from the hip quite well.

About Perks in general: I recommend the Armorer, Ninja and Blitz ones. Actually you should level up the Armorer perks after you've done the DIA Cache Quests for the railroad. After completing them the laid back tech guy Tinker Tom in Raidroad HQ will give you this Ballistic Weave thingy so you can mod few selected clothing like the Army Fatiques, Trilby/Fedora hats etc etc.