g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Fantasy Football 2015/2016

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
You guys have any good leagues to recommend? Might as well find a few to join. Aside from private leagues I'm just on the caf, Joe.ie and Done Deal ones.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm thinking that Theo Walcott could be a decent gamble. Finished last season playing through the middle, will score quite a few if that continues. It's just a case of wether Wenger goes with him or sticks with Giroud.
Worth a shot for the start of the season while Sanchez is likely out. Once he comes back you'd need to be prepared to drop him pretty quickly, I think Wenger will stick with Giroud.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Can't decide if Memphis is worth a punt at 8.5m.
Could be a great buy, especially if he plays up front a lot... but definitely a gamble for that price! Fabregas is only .5m more.

Edit: sod it I've gone for him, hopefully he'll play up top a lot, if at all!

Last edited:

vodrake

I've gone for Mata over Depay at the moment as he's a known quality and more likely to consistently start given our other options, may reassess though if Pedro does come in.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Could be a great buy, especially if he plays up front a lot... but definitely a gamble for that price! Fabregas is only .5m more.
If he hits the ground running, it's great, just unsure if he'll need time to get going.

This is my team as it stands, don't think I'll keep it like this though.

Lennon7

If he hits the ground running, it's great, just unsure if he'll need time to get going.

This is my team as it stands, don't think I'll keep it like this though.

How much was Sterling? Sadly, I reckon he'll be quality for City.

This is my latest team:

Feel like I need better subs or something... might have to ditch Herrera too if it looks like he won't be our main midfielder!

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
How much was Sterling? Sadly, I reckon he'll be quality for City.

This is my latest team:

Feel like I need better subs or something... might have to ditch Herrera too if it looks like he won't be our main midfielder!
Sterling was 9m, he's one I'm unsure of too, sadly he probably is going to do really well.

Hard to pick Man Utd players, just don't know what LvG could do, Shaw seems closest to a lock, plays when fit.

Lennon7

Sterling was 9m, he's one I'm unsure of too, sadly he probably is going to do really well.

Hard to pick Man Utd players, just don't know what LvG could do, Shaw seems closest to a lock, plays when fit.
Yeah, I think Shaw is a safe starter when fit as well. Probably best picking Chelsea players as they play the same team every game!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Valon behrami for 4.5? what do you think?
Bloody hell had no idea he was back in the PL. Remember him at West Ham.

I'm surprised how many people are going for Schneiderlin. I can't see him getting a lot of goals/assists if he's going to play in front of the defence. I've missed the majority of the preseason games - has he looked as if he'd be a box-to-box player? I know he scored a header but I can't tell whether that'll be a common occurrence.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Mignolet
Alderweireld Clyne Mertesacker Darmian
Hazard Memphis Alexis Bolasie
Benteke Rooney​
Schwarzer, Wanyama, Baker, Graham

Shite bench, but that starting 11 should be quite good. Didn't expect to be able to fit Rooney, Sanchez, Hazard and Memphis together in one team and still have good players around them.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Juan Mata is a defo starter. His position on the right side is nailed on. He and Rooney are the only Man United players that I can take a gamble on.

SATA

Wow Hazard costs 11.5 and he almost features in everyone's team. I certainly can't afford him anymore after deciding to have more firepower upfront

By the way, what's the code for the CAF fantasy league?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I'm actually gonna go with Young as a sly pick for the first couple of weeks. Until Pedro or whoever comes he'll almost certainly start, which will give me time to suss out the likes of Ritchie.

Member 5225

Leicester Striker:
Vardy vs Ulloa
(Same price)? Apparently both start.

kps88

Leicester Striker:
Vardy vs Ulloa
(Same price)? Apparently both start.
They have four strikers that could all start. Would stay away until you get an idea of which strikers Ranieri favours.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Benteke's in for me in my team, played 70mins for liverpool and scored a wonder goal. Ill swap him for Kane with the change i have left once we have faced Spurs.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Looks like I'm going to have to bin off Costa.

Is Sanchez expected to be fit for the opener?

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Torn between having Deeny of Watford or Jeroma of Norwich in the team. Get the feeling both will actually have decent seasons for their respected clubs.

diarm

Looking forward to this season. I always start well enough, then forget about it for a couple of months and lose interest. Going to try and give it my full attention this year.

diarm

Adebayor?
Banking on him joining Villa who I think have signed well and will give him good support. If he doesn't I'll be taking him out for someone else.
Will probably take out Cech for Adrian or Mignolet and add Berahino.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Having a hard time picking strikers. Rooney seems like an obvious choice, but he was so shite for us this pre-season. So far, I have gone with Kane, Benteke and a nobody(bench warmer), but I do not have much expectation their. Might change that before the season start. Benteke just scored a great goal on his debut and Kane looks sharp as ever. The only problem is both of these players are playing away matches. I expect an unknown like Mitrovic, Deeney, Igahlo, etc to do well this first week, but Those players are unknown to me since I have not seen much of them.

stretford_oslo

I'm doing the all out attack (2-5-3) in first GW and using WC before GW2.

Team:
Ruddy
Targett-Huth
Hazard-Walcott-Cazorla-Sterling-Ritchie
Rooney-Lukaku-Benteke

With the new rules you have to use one WC before christmas anyway, and with this tactic I can get a flying start while also getting some more information as to who will actually play etc. Will also get in Aguero for GW2 without any problems.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Mine is currently:

Myhill
Azpilicueta - Williams - Alderweireld - Shaw
Hazard - Sterling - Memphis
Rooney - Kane - Lukaku​

Last edited: