Fantasy Football 2017/18

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Had to play free hit this week because I had 5 players injured or suspended. New team has brought me 84 points so far with 2 players still to play

Edit: risen to 104 points so far

Last edited:

Ady87

Is Lingard likely to keep this run of minutes up?

Tempted by Hazard and Calvert Lewin to Lingard and Firmino, both in form. Hazard going through a dry spell and too expensive to keep.

Alternative is Hazard to Lingard which frees up nearly £5m for defence upgrades, Alonso maybe.

Edit: Can you play Free Hit and Trip Captain in the same GW?

Tempted to bring in Arnautovic, Eriksen, Alli/Son/Vertonghen to go with a Kane TC for 1 week only maybe.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Nah you can't play 2 chips in 1 week. You can't even wildcard and play a chip in the same week.

I brought in Lingard and Arnautovic for Pogba and Surman with my 2 free transfers last night before they rose in price. Just got to ride out the next week with Arnie and Kane on the bench but about 50 points clear now at the top of my league so should be ok.

Team value now at £105.4m

Ady87

Nah you can't play 2 chips in 1 week. You can't even wildcard and play a chip in the same week.

I brought in Lingard and Arnautovic for Pogba and Surman with my 2 free transfers last night before they rose in price. Just got to ride out the next week with Arnie and Kane on the bench but about 50 points clear now at the top of my league so should be ok.

Wow, nice value. I'm rank 70k Globally and TV is £102m.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Thinking Hazard, Gross and Kolasanic out to bring in Sterling, Arnautovic and Azpilicueta... Thoughts?

coolredwine

lameredboots
Thinking Hazard, Gross and Kolasanic out to bring in Sterling, Arnautovic and Azpilicueta... Thoughts?
Yeah, Hazard has been breaking my balls ever since. Starts up front and still doesn't deliver anything and is too costly at 11M for that. I am thinking of getting Sterling in for Hazard and then using the saved up amount to get in Alonso.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I got hazard in at a good time. He is the reason I'm top of done of my private leagues but his goals have dried up. Am hesitant to get rid before a home game against Stoke though... Have a feeling he'll grab a few points against them... But I'll have to take the risk as I suspect sterling price will keep rising...

I'd get Azpi ahead of Alonso. Azpi here a fair few assists. Alonso gets goals but is also taken off early in quite a few matches...

bleezy

I need to use the free hit these week because I just don't have enough players. If I use my free transfer, can I then use my free hit on top of that? And have the free transfer still made for the gameweek after?

Sparky Rhiwabon

I need to use the free hit these week because I just don't have enough players. If I use my free transfer, can I then use my free hit on top of that? And have the free transfer still made for the gameweek after?
Yes you can still use the free hit on top of any transfers you've already made although you'll only have one free transfer next week I believe

Sparky Rhiwabon

The wildcard is a chip isn't it?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wondering whether to take a big risk and put Lingard and Pogba in for Doucoure and Silva. Feel like we're due to have a run of alright games and you would think those two are gonna be involved. Massive risk because we're crap and all that, but not many people will have Pogba at the mo.

Member 5225

I should take Lukaku out now....finally :nervous:

(watch him go on a goalscoring spree now, which I hope!)

Nickosaur

Captained Kane but the rest of the team did pretty bad. Got 71 overall. Thought having DDG and Jones would be getting be more clean sheets...hopefully they can manage it against Soton...

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Captained Kane but the rest of the team did pretty bad. Got 71 overall. Thought having DDG and Jones would be getting be more clean sheets...hopefully they can manage it against Soton...
When I got in Phil Jones, he got injured. Then I got in DDG and he hasn't kept a single clean sheet.

I now got sterling, hopefully my curse strikes again :lol:

ROFLUTION

Kane is now ill and may not play against Swansea - There goes my triple captain hope. Fack aaafffffff

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Didn't realise I was still in the Cup :lol: Thought I was knocked out first round after I saw that the guy had more points than me with a game to go with none of my players to play - turns out he made like 4 transfers which meant -12 points to his score.

Didn't check until this morning after I noticed that it said "Round 6 in Fantasy Cup" :lol:

Big gameweek. I've used my Free Hit due to Kane really. Don't want to get rid of him, but no point keeping him this week if he's not going to play.
So changed the whole team but kept Salah, De Bryune, Firmino and Dacoure.

Morata, Sane in as the main players.

Heavily reliant on a City/Liverpool/Chelsea/Watford thumpings this week to get me past the round.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Thanks DS! Went for Morata in the end over Salah. Need that “differential” to move up my FF mini leagues. But it might just backfire.
Always the risk. Hazard is dropped so things should go through Morata now.

IrishRedDevil

Always the risk. Hazard is dropped so things should go through Morata now.
Or he will be involved in none of the 3 goals so far :lol:

Frustrating that Christensen misses out again. He was good when I picked him up for 5.4 but that’s 2 games in a row he’s missed and more than likely 2 clean sheets.

Ady87

Don't get why people have used their Free Hit this week. Surely that's for next week where you bring in Kane, Alli, Eriksen (or swap one for Vertonghen), Arnautovic etc who will get two games a piece, but that you won't want to retain after the double fixture?