Fantasy Premier League 18/19

Patchbeard

Debating taking a -4 to bring in Auba + Jota for Llorente + Hazard. Perhaps slight short-term thinking, but think Auba might be the striker to have for the next 3 gw's with Huddersfield (A), Southampton (H), Bournemouth (H), whilst Aguero and Higuain play each other then have a blank GW. Kane is supposed to be back in 4 GW's time so then it's an easy Auba > Kane switch.

Fosu-Mens

Debating taking a -4 to bring in Auba + Jota for Llorente + Hazard. Perhaps slight short-term thinking, but think Auba might be the striker to have for the next 3 gw's with Huddersfield (A), Southampton (H), Bournemouth (H), whilst Aguero and Higuain play each other then have a blank GW. Kane is supposed to be back in 4 GW's time so then it's an easy Auba > Kane switch.
I would do it if i were you. Personally i have Aguero, Rashford and Jimenez up front and don't really fancy selling them, otherwise i would have got Auba.

Also interesting to see how/when Newcastle will play Almiron. They are usually able to start counter attacks at a high frequency each game, but lack players to execute this. If Almiron is able to play near the same level he did in MLS he can be a "meta-player" for the rest of the season.

coolredwine

lameredboots
You're all wankers. How can I have captained a hat-trick scoring Aguero and still be left feeling inadequate in here? This thread must contain most of the top 20 in the world. Bastards.
Same. Scored 66 and still feel empty given these guys are posting 80+ scores.

coolredwine

lameredboots
My next transfer would have easily been Aguero -> Auba given the fixtures but I have other passengers in my team which need fixing (Alonso :mad:, Shaqiri). Wondering if I can save on the Aguero transfer given he has a good record against Chelsea and fix one of Alonso/Shaqiri first.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Who’s your second/cheap keeper? Boruc is a starter for Bournemouth and he’s 3.9.
I've got Etheridge, who for some reason is a points machine, and Flappyhandsski.

I could downgrade Flappy, say, but that would mean 3 transfers, not 2.

I guess still worth it to get Sane in?

Problem come if, say, Rashford gets injured, then my options are limited for replacement forwards. I can cross that bridge when I come to it.

I could use a wild card, and ship out Richalison too, but he has no obvious replacement.

SteveTheRed

297th in the world this gameweek. Hopefully Salah is not able to produce against West Ham and the game ends 0-0 with three BP to Robertson.
Impressive.

I captained Aguero but thinking about it now, I'm struggling to figure out why I didn't TC - doesn't seem to be much better options later on in the season.

For anyone who still owns TC, BB and FH. What's your plan?

AgentP

I feel like I have a very good team. But they are just not getting enough points! Only on 58 for this week.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Impressive.

I captained Aguero but thinking about it now, I'm struggling to figure out why I didn't TC - doesn't seem to be much better options later on in the season.

the only reason I didnt go for the TC this week was rotation risk, obviously with hindsight I am regretting not hitting that button

I blew my bench boost early in the season just because i had a squad where I was pretty sure everyone would play that week - I think its the most worthless chip anyway

Fosu-Mens

Yikes, what's your score for the GW?

Impressive.

Prepare for gameweek 27 with teams not taking part: City, Chelsea and Everton.
Rest dependent on when GW 31+++ are being confirmed, then based on this evaluate. Lots of potential doubles.
Would save TC, BB and FH for these. I have FH and BB left and will use them then together with WC.

coolredwine

lameredboots
Stockpile Liverpool players (only big team which has no BGW). Maybe look at 1-2 B'mouth's players (no BGW again). I already have 11 players for BGW27.

For the rest, really depends on how the FA Cup plays out. But on a general note, thinking: WC GW29, TC GW32, FH GW33, BB GW35.

Skåre Willoch

I used the triple captain, as I figured I couldn't use it in a double gameweek later. I think it's only two more double gameweeks left (I might be wrong, though), and I plan on using the free hit, bench boost and wildcard for that intense period late in the season. Which would've left the triple captain for a single gameweek, which is a waste imo.

IrishRedDevil

I've got Etheridge, who for some reason is a points machine, and Flappyhandsski.

I could downgrade Flappy, say, but that would mean 3 transfers, not 2.

I guess still worth it to get Sane in?

Problem come if, say, Rashford gets injured, then my options are limited for replacement forwards. I can cross that bridge when I come to it.

I could use a wild card, and ship out Richalison too, but he has no obvious replacement.
I would get Salah in even if it takes a -4.

Same as me - I’ve Richarlison but I don’t really know what to do with him so he is staying for now. I’ve still got my WC so I’ll think about that one further down the line.

El-Manos

Can’t afford son unless I get rid of Pogba, Salah or sane? Which i’m not sure is a wise thing to do.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You're all wankers. How can I have captained a hat-trick scoring Aguero and still be left feeling inadequate in here? This thread must contain most of the top 20 in the world. Bastards.
Actually the world leader has like 69 per week average.

I think it's because people are usually posting here with good scores that you get the impression that 80 is almost disgustingly low and 100 is basically minimum you should expect. Nobody on here has an average over 65, likely. I have 97 in this gameweek and will probably get to 110-115 and it still feels like I've been absolutely awful compared to caf average.

Nickosaur

Had a hunch that keeping Anderson in the team might work out.

78 with Aguero (C), Laporte, Richarlison and Digne to play. I've got 2FTs so think I'll ditch the Everton boys after this week.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Me and my mate who are 1st and 2nd in our ML by 200 points have both done shit (me 48, him 47), and the others who usually do shit are on about 80.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
76 with Aguero (C), Sterling, Stones (hopefully he plays) and Digne to play

Adcuth

Anyone beat 34 points. Still 4 to play like but this will be the week that pep doesn't rotate I'm guessing

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Currently chasing a 40 point lead in my main mini league. Have 5 players left to play tomorrow, but I'm not expecting many points to help close the gap really.

Rival doesn't have any of these 5 players apart from Ederson, but has Sane.

My guess for my 5 players below:

- Keane (1)
- Richarlison (2)
- Ederson (6)
- Sterling (2)
- Aguero (6) (although he is my captain, so 12)

SteveTheRed

Do you's reckon Salah is over 4m better than Mane?
Its not really about being 4m better than Mane. With Salah it's all about the high ownership. If you are doing well in Mini League and people around you don't own Salah then I wouldn't be to worried.

However if everyone has him and he keeps scoring big then it's going to really hurt you.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Currently chasing a 40 point lead in my main mini league. Have 5 players left to play tomorrow, but I'm not expecting many points to help close the gap really.

Rival doesn't have any of these 5 players apart from Ederson, but has Sane.

My guess for my 5 players below:

- Keane (1)
- Richarlison (2)
- Ederson (6)
- Sterling (2)
- Aguero (6) (although he is my captain, so 12)

Decent chance that both Aguero and Sterling don't even play at all mate...

Jesus and Sane will likely both start I reckon, possibly Mahrez as well.

devil in me

Just cant see Pep resting Aguero tomorrow. He is so much better than Jesus, and in a title race like this one he needs to be playing every game. He will play against Everton and Chelsea Imo , then on the bench for the league cup final where he can get his rest.

diarm

Early on this week I decided to use my triple captain on Aguero - clicked it and was happy. Then at the very last minute, I read some bollocks on reddit and swapped out Martial for Sane and switched the TC over to him.

I'm still having a good week with Alonso, Wan-Bissaka, Holebas, Hazard, Pogba, Jiminez, Rashford and Aguero all scoring well but if Sane could stub his toe (or start and score a hattrick tomorrow) I could smash my scoring record for a single week.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Decent chance that both Aguero and Sterling don't even play at all mate...

Jesus and Sane will likely both start I reckon, possibly Mahrez as well.
I think Sterling will play as he is pretty vital for City IMO, but I think you're right about Aguero, unfortunately.

He will probably be rested for Chelsea on the weekend.

coolredwine

lameredboots
contrary to what people are thinking, City won't be resting players. There's no need to unless a drastic drop in form. Aguero, when fit, would always start, as stats show.

ROFLUTION

contrary to what people are thinking, City won't be resting players. There's no need to unless a drastic drop in form. Aguero, when fit, would always start, as stats show.
Also a matter of keeping and developing an in-form Jesus I think. But Yeah Aguero would always start, albeit getting subbed a lot.

The many subs of Aguero is what is keeping me from him so far, as less minutes in theory should mean less big-haulers / less captain material.

Varun

Staff
Also a matter of keeping and developing an in-form Jesus I think. But Yeah Aguero would always start, albeit getting subbed a lot.

The many subs of Aguero is what is keeping me from him so far, as less minutes in theory should mean less big-haulers / less captain material.
He's a set and forget for me. Gets more I'm 60-70 mins than anyone bar Kane gets in 90. Consistently which is very important given you want a captaincy option.