Fantasy Premier League 19/20

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least all these players got crazy ownerships amongst active players with good ranks. All rivals will be with similar problems apart from the Salah over Mane owners.
Few got Auba yet, but people will bring him in. Although few will have both him and Aguero if Vardy is out.
I think if you just take the hit for Salah and Aguero/Auba then few will destroy your ranks.
I think the only guy that could hurt my rank apart from the big guns is Grealish funny enough. Lots have him and Bournemouth is a dream game for him.
Ive got away with a bench Grealish 10 a few weeks ago, but was unlucky he got one the other week as sub 1.

I've Mane and Salah for this double game. If Mane is injured for even 1 week , I'll just put him back to De Bruyne.
Though I will entertain the Aguero decision still..

Vardy's injury unfortunately seems one of these annoying minor ones that will see him come off, or miss 1 game. You either want them mint condition, or a proper quoted few weeks out, don't you!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Salah and Jimenez for Mane and Abraham?
Looks decent.

I've had Mane since GW1 so have lots of value in him. Potentially going to hold him even if he misses 1 more game after Westham (southampton home) as I'd want him straight back looking at those fixtures coming up.

If you have no value tied up in him it's a no brainer to switch to Salah though.

Paul_Scholes18

Looks decent.

I've had Mane since GW1 so have lots of value in him. Potentially going to hold him even if he misses 1 more game after Westham (southampton home) as I'd want him straight back looking at those fixtures coming up.

If you have no value tied up in him it's a no brainer to switch to Salah though.
Klopp is giving up in the cup so this probably suggest that he will not rotate anything at all.
Milner back is a big factor though. Penalties is what makes you want to have Salah over Mane.
Without them Mane has been better this season.
Thus for next week I probably want Salah, but after that Mane if Milner is back. Not easy to know what to do.

I need a good captain for next week though. Auba or Salah is a must I think.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Klopp is giving up in the cup so this probably suggest that he will not rotate anything at all.
Milner back is a big factor though. Penalties is what makes you want to have Salah over Mane.
Without them Mane has been better this season.
Thus for next week I probably want Salah, but after that Mane if Milner is back. Not easy to know what to do.

I need a good captain for next week though. Auba or Salah is a must I think.
I have both Mane n Salah (for now) so I'm kind of okay unless he gets injured or sent off. First week of season (gw24) I have owned Salah too. He's not been anything like as good as he has been before.

Paul_Scholes18

I have both Mane n Salah (for now) so I'm kind of okay unless he gets injured or sent off. First week of season (gw24) I have owned Salah too. He's not been anything like as good as he has been before.
Do you think it is worth the cost to keep them both? Although I guess you can go without De Bryne for now.
Hard fixtures and a blank in the next 4.
So if Leicester and City win the league cup games then Arsenal will also have a blank.
Thus I think it is best to not load up on them right now. 3 players max I think.

I will probably go Auba plus De Bruyne from those teams and just hope the bench can do well enough for the blank. My current bench is totally crap though.
Maybe downgrade Auba and then get Aguero/Vardy after the blank could be worth it too. If Rashford has healed super fast then maybe I just go for him at that point.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Looks decent.

I would sell him for 11.9, but it would cost me 12.4 to buy him back.

So I guess, I have value tied up in him?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Do you think it is worth the cost to keep them both? Although I guess you can go without De Bryne for now.
Hard fixtures and a blank in the next 4.
So if Leicester and City win the league cup games then Arsenal will also have a blank.
Thus I think it is best to not load up on them right now. 3 players max I think.

I will probably go Auba plus De Bruyne from those teams and just hope the bench can do well enough for the blank. My current bench is totally crap though.
Maybe downgrade Auba and then get Aguero/Vardy after the blank could be worth it too. If Rashford has healed super fast then maybe I just go for him at that point.
My team value is 107.6m and Mane makes up a big chunk of that so I'm keeping both unless we get news Mane is out for a month etc. I can afford to hold for 1 more game.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I would sell him for 11.9, but it would cost me 12.4 to buy him back.

So I guess, I have value tied up in him?
Depends if you don't mind going without. Their fixtures are juicy and if he's back within 1/2 weeks he's going to bag plenty of points. All depends on your own team set up and who you plan to bring in.

I'm sticking with both.....for now and hoping Mane will be back soon.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Depends if you don't mind going without. Their fixtures are juicy and if he's back within 1/2 weeks he's going to bag plenty of points. All depends on your own team set up and who you plan to bring in.

I can't afford both, it's one or the other for me..

Paul_Scholes18

I am thinking about getting Son soon. Although not sure he is worth getting against City. Villa next though could be a great game for him.
Chelsea after that and I fancy Son to get revenge and score against them.
Still going without Pool attack is probably not worth it.
Could go 3 Pool defenders and no attackers though and then get Pereira/City defender after the blank maybe. If Mane is fully out then I might do that if not I will keep him.
Salah makes sense, but his form has not convinced me. They could get pens, but it is normally Mane that gets them. With VAR around though you would want a Pool pen taker though.

Auba and Son combo is not popular after the red cards, but hopefully that will drive them on to score goals rather than make them pick up more stupid cards.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
If the two injured midfielders in my 343 don't play, are they auto-subbed for the two defenders 1st and 2nd on my bench (to go 523) ? Or does it only swap for like to like positions.

Varun

Staff
If the two injured midfielders in my 343 don't play, are they auto-subbed for the two defenders 1st and 2nd on my bench (to go 523) ? Or does it only swap for like to like positions.
Former

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Salah saving the game week for me. Even better for those who TC him.

Nickosaur

TC Salah has worked out well for me.

Robbo and TAA getting clean sheets tonight too is lovely.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
71pts with 33 from TC Trent. Decent.

Need a miracle for week 25.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Any news on Richarlison? Got problems with him and Mane injured.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Salah saving the game week for me. Even better for those who TC him.
Totally forgot they had a game!
But yes, captain on Salah secures a nice 22 pointer.
EDIT - just saw the assist - 28 pointer!!

Shame they didn't concede, even though I have TAA, as I know a few triple captained him. But overall, will just about get away with it this week in my work league, with a few people burning their TC away, after mine was a disaster on Sterling v Southampton.
The Mane TCs must be even more gutted!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Triple captain Salah has ended up delightful. No one else in my mini league seem to have him somehow. 89 points. Serious gains
Fantasy footy is about covering risk a lot of the time.

To not have Salah for a double is pretty darn risky stuff. Even a single goal got him a 32 overall as captain! Imagine if he'd utterly ploughed West Ham and Wolves!

Paul_Scholes18

Fantasy footy is about covering risk a lot of the time.

To not have Salah for a double is pretty darn risky stuff. Even a single goal got him a 22 as captain! Imagine if he'd utterly ploughed West Ham and Wolves!
Should be 16 so 32 as captain. Don't have him so that hurt. Even did transfers so I could get him, but went for Robertson instead.
I guess Mane injury though was pure bad luck for most without him.

Salah is not really playing that well to be essential or anything, but one penalty goal takes him from 8 to 16 points and makes a big difference.
Just having Milner out helped him out. Get him now if Milner is back soon might not feel like a certainty.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
I got Mane in for 11.9 so dont feel it's worth swapping him out for Salah. I'm hoping Aguero captain covers anything Salah does.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
89 with TAA as TC. Should have picked Salah for TC instead but really the difference in gain is just 8 points (I had both in the team so it’s 36 + 16 v 12 + 48) so not that bad).

Paul_Scholes18

I was so close to having TAA as TC. Should've listened to my gut.
12 points is far from amazing. I think there will be better chance for massive hauls in the future.
Although depend on if you want to aim big or safe. The guy you pick might get injured,dropped or even worse get a red card in the first game.
We will see if I end up risking it with tripple captain Auba, Aguero, Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Son, Kane(probably not),Vardy or Rashford ;).
Big risks for all of them to not play both games.
Maybe tripple captain Bruno Fernandez ;).

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
12 points is far from amazing. I think there will be better chance for massive hauls in the future.
Although depend on if you want to aim big or safe. The guy you pick might get injured,dropped or even worse get a red card in the first game.
We will see if I end up risking it with tripple captain Auba, Aguero, Sterling, De Bruyne, Sane, Son, Kane(probably not),Vardy or Rashford ;).
Big risks for all of them to not play both games.
Maybe tripple captain Bruno Fernandez ;).
I picked Mane though....

Paul_Scholes18

I know :( Just off for a cry nonetheless. Gonna need to take some risks from here on in.
I wonder what Bruno will be. 7.5 or 8? If he is less than Martial he might be worth a punt soon over him.
Probably best to wait and see what role he will get and see how he plays.

Bruno Fernandez, Pogba and Rashford (TC) for some future double gameweek ;). Might as well back United fully at some point and say goodbye to Liverpool
who has already won the league and play with the U-23.

If we reach Fa cup semi final then I think it will be Aston Villa and West Ham for a double for us in week 37. Looks tasty. Would be nice if we destroyed Moyes and sent them down with a big win. If we do not reach the semi then it could be Sheffield instead with Villa probably or with West Ham depending on when they put the games. They might make us play during weeks with european football too, but they normally avoid that.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
A guy in my work league had Mane triple cap...3 pointer. And last year had Sane in a double for the same!

I laugh, but i had Sane as well - and this year I had Sterling for his 3 pointer (total!) in a single game week!

At least I've kept the free hit. Learnt my lesson wazzing that away 2 years ago.
FA Cup quarter final week, or if you can get away without, just a double game week.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Maybe I shouldn't have done Vardy > Aguero. Even with 0.9m funds I'm struggling to upgrade Snodgrass or Soyuncu.