Fantasy Premier League 20/21

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I hope you're right. No sort of a replacement suggests itself.
Don't have him but if I did I'd and had to sell I'd probably be looking at either the Fulham or West Brom strikers. I know it's hard to look past those teams being shite but think they could be good, low-owned picks in motivated sides.

Cornish

After the Grealish episode last week I wouldn't be surprised if the Watkins injury rumour was made up to see if it would be leaked. Someone may be in a bit of bother on Monday morning!! I'd take it with a pinch of salt for the time being

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Lads any help on what I should do? 4m itb

Interesting situation. You could take a -4 and switch Antonio to Kane and Grealish to Barnes.
That way you cover the risk of Kane smashing it, and make up for the hit with an extra game for two players coming in.

Raphina/Bamford would have to be benched though. I've faced the same and am fielding Raphina.

If you don't want to take a hit, then maybe just the Grealish to Barnes switch, and then bring James in off your bench, in case he plays two. But he may well not, and they're both tough anyway!

Disclaimer - I'm keeping Grealish on the bench, and not going Barnes for -4 as I wonder about the lack of Maddison to his chances. Plus also I have Kane in there already.

ps presume you'll be taking that cap off Bamford! Would be insanity to captain a singler this week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ings out, Kane in for me then.
Kane as captain.

Will confirm on TC tomorrow.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
This thread is going to explode this week due to people TC on Bruno, Kane, DCL... Especially when the lot of them blank and Salah hits 3 past Sheffield United.

I've been building my team to what it is (except the Grealish injury) since GW18. I really need this week (and especially TC Kane) to do the business.

I have DCL, Bruno, Son, Salah and Gundo so hopefully I've covered all bases.

Currently in the top 30k and this week will probably determine if I can make top 10k or not.

Now watch some cnut laughing as he TCs Mane :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This thread is going to explode this week due to people TC on Bruno, Kane, DCL... Especially when the lot of them blank and Salah hits 3 past Sheffield United.

I've been building my team to what it is (except the Grealish injury) since GW18. I really need this week (and especially TC Kane) to do the business.

Currently in the top 30k and this week will probably determine if I can make top 10k or not.

That's some good coverage.

We'll either see a lot of the big hitters fail, or see scores rivalling or surpassing the 140s some of us got last double.

LungiDevil

Interesting situation. You could take a -4 and switch Antonio to Kane and Grealish to Barnes.
That way you cover the risk of Kane smashing it, and make up for the hit with an extra game for two players coming in.

Raphina/Bamford would have to be benched though. I've faced the same and am fielding Raphina.

If you don't want to take a hit, then maybe just the Grealish to Barnes switch, and then bring James in off your bench, in case he plays two. But he may well not, and they're both tough anyway!

Disclaimer - I'm keeping Grealish on the bench, and not going Barnes for -4 as I wonder about the lack of Maddison to his chances. Plus also I have Kane in there already.

ps presume you'll be taking that cap off Bamford! Would be insanity to captain a singler this week.
Thank you kind sir!

That's just my team from last week, and hence the band is still on Bamford.

Good suggestion to bring Kane in and to do that I'll have to downgrade Grealish. To your point, I am not sure if it should be Barnes or someone else.
I don't like having both Tarkowski and Pope in my defense and don't want Sterling either.

Just in a bit of a dilemma. Need to catch up 15pts as well!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Agree on one of the Totty boys. Kane for me, as very little risk taking Ings out.

Go with what feels right pal, but taking a big hitter out who has two games is one hell of a risk.
Personally I fear a rival having Sterling. I suppose Foden could play there? Or Jesus at a push?

Keep Salah though if you can. He'll score in one of the games i'm sure.
Thanks mate. Too much of a confusion

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Don't have him but if I did I'd and had to sell I'd probably be looking at either the Fulham or West Brom strikers. I know it's hard to look past those teams being shite but think they could be good, low-owned picks in motivated sides.
True, I have a couple of Fulham lads on the bench.

Tarrou

Planning to bring Son, KDB and Barnes for Salah,Sterling and Grealish

Thoughts guys ?
Seems like a waste tbh. Two of those already have a DGW and Sterling>KDB is too sideways. Grealish > Barnes is a good move.

That extra transfer should either be used to increase DGW quota, or saved to plan for BGW 29.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I'm TCing Kane but I reckon I'm probably sleeping on Salah a bit simply because I don't want to TC a Liverpool player. That Sheffield United game could be a mauling.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
BOYS I NEED HELP.

i have been indecisive all week, now the Maddison injury has scuppered my plans. I was willing to take a -8 but now a BB would only result in 3 single gameweek players (leeds) and Areola?

Should i save my BB and instead triple captain one of Bruno, DCL, Salah or Barnes?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
BOYS I NEED HELP.

i have been indecisive all week, now the Maddison injury has scuppered my plans. I was willing to take a -8 but now a BB would only result in 3 single gameweek players (leeds) and Areola?

Should i save my BB and instead triple captain one of Bruno, DCL, Salah or Barnes?
What's your current team?

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Weighing up a 20 point hit here. Sounds mental but it builds for blank game week 29 as well as additional double gameweeks, so the point hits are immediately mitigated through appearance points.

Not sure if I’ll do it, but will likely be a -12 at the minimum. Bench boost active.

Dropped to above 40k last week so need push on if I want to get a top 10k finish. These hits are going to repay themselves over a longer period (up to GW29 before wildcarding) so may need to be patient for the benefits to fully flow through.

ROFLUTION

WC last week?
Nope, saved up two transfers and then -16 hit for this. Massive hit, but settled nicely now for gw27+28+29, hence the big hit. DCL to Antonio next week I think, then save up two more til gw29 so i can have 7 x gw29 players. Then might take a -4 and get 3 x Leeds in or Lamptey+ 2 x Leeds in gw29 (8 players). Possibly WC around 30. What do you think?

Moby

Dick
Time will tell my friend.

I'm just glad no-one in my rivals can get both Kane and DCL without taking a hit or two.

Think I'm going to just do the planned Ings to Kane and TC as planned, and hope for the best.

Seems the strongest percentage play.
Got both of them.

I'm going in with this BB.

Martinez Areola
Dias Stones Shaw Targett Alonso
Bruno Salah Barnes Gundogan Raphinha
DCL Kane Watkins

ROFLUTION

BOYS I NEED HELP.

I think the Villa vs Leeds will be about 1-1 or 2-1 to one of the teams. So if that's the likely case, I think you're likely to see points from the Leeds-players in the range of 3 - 15 points. Then there is Areola, who might give you something about 3-10 points. Altogether that is in the range of 6-25 points, with the average of that being 15.5 - If 15.5 satisfies you as a bench boost, then take that option. If you think you can do better than 15.5 in another gameweek with a BB, then wait. Also add to the equation that you then can't triple captain, say Kane, with an obvious nice set of fixtures, which in itself could give extra 15 points. I'd say wait with the BB if you can keep a wide squad later on and if you believe in Kane.

ROFLUTION

Weighing up a 20 point hit here. Sounds mental but it builds for blank game week 29 as well as additional double gameweeks, so the point hits are immediately mitigated through appearance points.

Not sure if I’ll do it, but will likely be a -12 at the minimum. Bench boost active.

Dropped to above 40k last week so need push on if I want to get a top 10k finish. These hits are going to repay themselves over a longer period (up to GW29 before wildcarding) so may need to be patient for the benefits to fully flow through.
Just did -16 myself for the same reasons. Only tricky part is that the players you want for GW29 mostly have crappy fixtures in GW28, so the wide squad you pick now for this GW will have to be good options for the next 3 GWs. I had to go short-minded and bring in El Mohamady for this DGW due to finances, but a defensive Villa option could be a decent idea for the GWs to come + Leicester (Castagne/Pereira) + Have 2 attacking minded Spurs players, as you can't trust their defence at the moment. Gone with Smith-Rowe too, as Arsenal have a midweek 2nd leg clash with Olympiakos before the GW29. This could possibly mean that the main-man Ødegaard plays in Europe, and Smith-Rowe gets gametime in 29.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
I think the Villa vs Leeds will be about 1-1 or 2-1 to one of the teams. So if that's the likely case, I think you're likely to see points from the Leeds-players in the range of 3 - 15 points. Then there is Areola, who might give you something about 3-10 points. Altogether that is in the range of 6-25 points, with the average of that being 15.5 - If 15.5 satisfies you as a bench boost, then take that option. If you think you can do better than 15.5 in another gameweek with a BB, then wait. Also add to the equation that you then can't triple captain, say Kane, with an obvious nice set of fixtures, which in itself could give extra 15 points. I'd say wait with the BB if you can keep a wide squad later on and if you believe in Kane.
I went with the team above your reply, im gonna save BB as the point hit is just too risky for the potential return. My dilemma is who to TC but im gonna go with my gut and go DCL.

ROFLUTION

What's your full team?

ROFLUTION

Son or Kane for triple captain?

Leaning towards Son...
In theory: Definitely Kane. Do a twitter search for Kane vs bottom half teams, and how he performs and you'll have the answer. Also better than Son statistically in the last 6. + He takes pens.

United Hobbit

In theory: Definitely Kane. Do a twitter search for Kane vs bottom half teams, and how he performs and you'll have the answer. Also better than Son statistically in the last 6. + He takes pens.
Hmmm good point, the only worry about him is he gets injured easily, little concerned he will break down again early in game 1.

Or we have Salah vs Sheffield United who will probably roll over for them doesn't he usually do something vs Chelsea too?

But I think too risky, Tottenham fixtures are safer

shazzmufc

Anyone think it's a good idea to captain/TC DCL as a differential? Bit of a risk, but everyone seems to be eyeing Kane and I don't have him in my team. Plus, those Everton fixtures look tempting

saivet

Triple captain on Bruno, Salah, Son or DCL? Should I take DCL out for a -4 for Kane. I initially planned to bring in Kane for this GW but looking at the Everton fixtures and Spurs' form I feel slightly covered by having Son.

Decisions to make...