Fantasy Premier League 21/22

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What a mood killer that one was.
It's normally United who do that to us!!

Nickosaur

Actually felt a bit ill when I saw that last minute Brentford goal :lol: Was looking at a very healthy score with Ramsdale and White. Ah well.

edit- also another reasons why I'll rarely captain a defender. I can just about live with an attacking captain blank, but praying for a clean sheet and losing it late on is brutal.

Leonzo1

52 (60 -8) so far. Don't know how to feel about that. The hits I took were profitable as I brought in Wigy and Saka but it's still a bit meh. I played the TC on Salah but it looks like almost everyone had at least 8 doublers (I have 6). The smallest of Green arrows so far but only 7 left to play.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Dreadful. Nothing outside of Salah TC and Ramsdale losing his clean sheet in 95th minute is the highlight of this week so far. Thinking about using one of my remaining FHs next weeks. Technically I got XI but it’s:

De Gea
Cancelo Reguilon Cash
Raphinha Cornet Bowen Foden
Dennis King Watkins

Thing is Reguilon doesn’t even play, King and Dennis are away at United, Watkins was benched today, Cornet might be injured etc. And I would have a ton of value on the bench in Salah, TAA, Robertson and Ramsdale. I could use that and go with something like:

De Gea
Cancelo Mee Davies
Son Bruno Coutinho Ward-Prowse
Kane Weghorst Broja

And would still have a strong bench with Livramento, Ramsey etc. That could realistically get me 20 extra points and give me some momentum… and there is only 11 weeks to use 3 chips.

Paul_Scholes18

Yeah I know, I was thinking (posting) out loud. An option at that price, Spurs next few fixtures decent - maybe a Bowen replacement
Well as someone from Sweden I have never been that impressed with him before for Juventus and our national side. He was brilliant tonight though.

6 million is a steal if he gets nailed, but big if.

I say Dan James for 6 million might be better right now for more secured starts.

IrishRedDevil

Brownhill is dropping to 4.2 tonight :mad:

Can’t believe he has dropped 3 fecking times. Typical that he does this the same day he scores 9 points - it’s like he can’t do anything positive without negative repercussions.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Dreadful. Nothing outside of Salah TC and Ramsdale losing his clean sheet in 95th minute is the highlight of this week so far. Thinking about using one of my remaining FHs next weeks. Technically I got XI but it’s:

De Gea
Cancelo Reguilon Cash
Raphinha Cornet Bowen Foden
Dennis King Watkins

Thing is Reguilon doesn’t even play, King and Dennis are away at United, Watkins was benched today, Cornet might be injured etc. And I would have a ton of value on the bench in Salah, TAA, Robertson and Ramsdale. I could use that and go with something like:

De Gea
Cancelo Mee Davies
Son Bruno Coutinho Ward-Prowse
Kane Weghorst Broja

And would still have a strong bench with Livramento, Ramsey etc. That could realistically get me 20 extra points and give me some momentum… and there is only 11 weeks to use 3 chips.
I am no expert but I wouldn’t waste a free hit on a singles gameweek with so many doubles coming up. A few on this thread are posting 70+ scores before the second fixture. There is too much to gain if you get it right on a free hit.

Take a -4 and do King to Weghorst and Watkins to Broja and you have a perfectly good 11 for the next gameweek and the extra game for Weggy almost pays for the hit too.

I think Cornet is ok for next game, so your only doubt would be Cash (who could well be back in) and Reguillon. (You could even do a -8 and bring in a Burnley defender for Cash and have an extra fixture)

I honestly think it would be a waste with so many games to come.

Last edited:

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Do I play with 10 next gameweek, or take Saka out for another mid 6.4m or less.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
After a long time most things went well for me (Foster, Weghorst, Saka, Salah, Dennis). Hopefully will hit a century with the next set of games.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Brownhill is dropping to 4.2 tonight :mad:

Can’t believe he has dropped 3 fecking times. Typical that he does this the same day he scores 9 points - it’s like he can’t do anything positive without negative repercussions.
Why the hell is anyone taking him out? He's a cheapo facilitator.
I've set my week 27 team ready, just in case anything happens to stop me doing it, and he's actually in the 11. Inevitable he gets sent off/injured/covid before the double next week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
After a long time most things went well for me (Foster, Weghorst, Saka, Salah, Dennis). Hopefully will hit a century with the next set of games.
Preach it brother. Same.
Just need Salah to do the same as today and that alone does it.

Sarni

I am no expert but I wouldn’t waste a free hit on a singles gameweek with so many doubles coming up. A few on this thread are posting 70+ scores before the second fixture. There is too much to gain if you get it right on a free hit.

Take a -4 and do King to Weghorst and Watkins to Broja and you have a perfectly good 11 for the next gameweek and the extra game for Weggy almost pays for the hit too.

I think Cornet is ok for next game, so your only doubt would be Cash (who could well be back in) and Reguillon. (You could even do a -8 and bring in a Burnley defender for Cash and have an extra fixture)

I honestly think it would be a waste with so many games to come.
Thing is I don’t really want Weghorst beyond next week, and having a couple of United players v Watford could get me a bunch of points. I should be well settled for next doubles anyway with at least 6-7 in each of them with current squad. I might WC soon too.

There is just so few weeks left…

Last edited:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Thing is I don’t really want Weghorst beyond next week, and having a couple of United players v Watford could get me a bunch of points. I should be well settled for next doubles anyway with at least 6-7 in each of them with current squad. I might WC soon too.

There is just so few weeks left…
Still enough doubles left for your three chips!

Get in Southampton and Wolves players that play in 27 and double for 28 and then free hit for 29. It leaves you an out for any other week you fancy more doubles before the end of the season.

Sarni

Still enough doubles left for your three chips!

Get in Southampton and Wolves players that play in 27 and double for 28 and then free hit for 29. It leaves you an out for any other week you fancy more doubles before the end of the season.
I will likely have nobody relevant playing in GW30 so I doubt I’ll have the luxury of using both FHs on doubles. As I said, I can pretty much have 6-7 doubles without FH along with 4-5 easy single. Not sure FH is worth it in that case.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Really hope Reguilon doesn't play the next game so I can get Livramento’s jammy 12 points off my bench.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Such poor results for Villa and Brighton yesterday. Would make you wonder about the likes of Coutinho and Digne, and in my case Maupay. Ramsey should still offer good value though.

Really hoping for a Bruno haul later to make up for the frustration of the spurs game yesterday

Paul_Scholes18

I took a -12 this week and might need another -12 next.

Raphinha dropped. Coufal out.

I think I need to free hit so I can at least keep Liverpool and Arsenal players.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Which idiot manager, in a relegation battle benches the only good player in the team?

Raphinha probably kicked his bielsa's wife (the bucket)

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
I am a bit annoyed my transfers didnt really fully work so far (Ramsey + Robertson) but Saka and Salah did so just trying not to fall behind too far. Gone from 60 to 70 k last night, but I hope keeping Bruno will work out

saivet

Hopefully Dalot doesn't get any minutes so Livra can come in from my bench.

paulscholes18

I took a -12 this week and might need another -12 next.

Raphinha dropped. Coufal out.

I think I need to free hit so I can at least keep Liverpool and Arsenal players.
How many free hits do you have left? If you still have 2 be worth using that rather than taking another -12

Sarni

So Raphinha is another one that is now in rotation. I can’t really justify not taking FH next week I think, when two of my three defenders (Cash and Reguilon) and most my midfielders (Raphinha, Foden, Corner) are at a risk of not playing while two of my forwards are away at United while the remaining one is likely to be benched.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ronaldo doesn't look like scoring, but today has to be the bigger picture, winning for top 4 and against an old school rival.
Not a given after throwing that 2 goal away v Villa, but hopefully a 3rd one will cement it.

Dan_F

Frustrating that I was originally going to keep Bruno until Jota forced a switch of plans. Could really do with a Ronaldo goal.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ronaldo doesn't look like scoring, but today has to be the bigger picture, winning for top 4 and against an old school rival.
Not a given after throwing that 2 goal away v Villa, but hopefully a 3rd one will cement it.
Regrettably spot on...