Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Just happy my bench boost made sure Perreira's goal counted for a change. But Haaland not playing is annoying - if I had a WC, I would have thrown him out for Jesus and plenty of dough

0161_UNITED

Template and “standard strategy” - WC a couple of weeks ago, BB today, and FH in 32 has mostly held up - really the only outlier was Salah/Pool owners in “the game that shall not be mentioned”. The annoying thing is I feel like it’s been 5 GWs of 20+ points on the bench, and I’ll be lucky to get 20 on the BB when I finally played it this week after waiting. It’s going to be boring run-in from now on I suspect. Every team is basically the same except for Salah vs Kane until ~36.

I captained Rashy this week which is certainly going to be the kiss of death.

it’s just basically been my (mostly poor) captaining decisions that bounce my team between 100k - 300k for weeks.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I would love to say that I am gutted I didn’t take out Haaland for Watkins, but if I had to make the choice again, I would still have rolled the dice. He would have destroyed Liverpool today.

I would have started him (and had Saka) as long as there was a chance, so I can’t even really say I wasted my bench boost…yet.

0161_UNITED

I would love to say that I am gutted I didn’t take out Haaland for Watkins, but if I had to make the choice again, I would still have rolled the dice. He would have destroyed Liverpool today.

I would have started him (and had Saka) as long as there was a chance, so I can’t even really say I wasted my bench boost…yet.
Mate, I don’t know who else you have but if you have Haaland on BB you’ve probably totally spaffed it ;)

Maluco

Mate, I don’t know who else you have but if you have Haaland on BB you’ve probably totally spaffed it ;)
I don’t see it that way at all. An asset can easily come in and get a 2 pointer. I made transfers based on having a bench that I wouldn’t have done otherwise.

Just got 14 points from this game with 5 bench games to go. Three players I brought in specifically to have a bench. I am annoyed about Haaland, but it has every chance of being a positive move, especially with Bruno coming in for Saka.

0161_UNITED

Why the hell did I sell Mings on the WC. Man was a points machine for me. :(
The bright lights and big city of London’s most exciting and attacking fullback Chilwell? He’s been sh*te since I brought him in.

Moby

Dick
The bright lights and big city of London’s most exciting and attacking fullback Chilwell? He’s been sh*te since I brought him in.
He scored when he was on the bench for me in 27 and it wasn't more apparent at that moment itself that he will start blanking as soon as I bring him into the starting eleven.

0161_UNITED

I don’t see it that way at all. An asset can easily come in and get a 2 pointer. I made transfers based on having a bench that I wouldn’t have done otherwise.

Just got 14 points from this game with 5 bench games to go. Three players I brought in specifically to have a bench. I am annoyed about Haaland, but it has every chance of being a positive move, especially with Bruno coming in for Saka.
Ahh you did Saka to Bruno? Sound. All the best hope it works, yeah it’s not bad holding Haaland, but zero points on a BB is tough to get over. I’m still dealing with my 1 pointer from Saka, so yeah, I’m a bitter man ;)

0161_UNITED

He scored when he was on the bench for me in 27 and it wasn't more apparent at that moment itself that he will start blanking as soon as I bring him into the starting eleven.
So you fell into the same trap I did? Maybe Potter will get sacked…

Moby

Dick
If I consider my bench of Raya Saka Estu and Botman that's 8 points with 4 games to play so around 16 ish plus any returns. I've seen worse.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Chilwell was one poor bandwagon.
Imagine if he then goes and gets a haul v Liverpool though.

Maluco

Ahh you did Saka to Bruno? Sound. All the best hope it works, yeah it’s not bad holding Haaland, but zero points on a BB is tough to get over. I’m still dealing with my 1 pointer from Saka, so yeah, I’m a bitter man ;)
Just have to keep focussing on the positive (that’s what I tell myself anyway!). I brought in Bruno/Mings/Moreno for Saka/Tark/Dawson specifically to field a bench boost.

It’s rare that it all goes right, but on another day, Haaland plays. I should have take an extra hit for Watkins, but if he comes back and dismantles Southampton, it will all be forgotten!

0161_UNITED

If I consider my bench of Raya Saka Estu and Botman that's 8 points with 4 games to play so around 16 ish plus any returns. I've seen worse.
That’s not bad. Mine is Raya, Saka, Kane and Henry. I have a Han Solo “bad feeling about this”

0161_UNITED

Just have to keep focussing on the positive (that’s what I tell myself anyway!). I brought in Bruno/Mings/Moreno for Saka/Tark/Dawson specifically to field a bench boost.

It’s rare that it all goes right, but on another day, Haaland plays. I should have take an extra hit for Watkins, but if he comes back and dismantles Southampton, it will all be forgotten!
I have Watkins and my next week transfer is already slated Watkins- Haaland. Literally everyone will back on him next week - provided he’s healthy.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Do you count Haaland into that?
I have 16 points (without bonus) on the bench but Mitoma is first sub (who would replace Haaland anyway). So my BB is basically 9 so far. Which sucks

mu4c_20le

What a complete and utter waste of a transfer Chilwell was last gw.

fecking useless cnut playing a useless bastard manager.

Can’t wait to sell the fecking idiot.
To be fair, he would've scored today if Young didn't go down like that.

Pickle85

Yeah, same. Given how terrible pool look at the mo, and how much value we'd stand to lose only to buy him back, I reckon it was a fair punt. Doesn't stop it being annoying mind.

Maluco

I have Watkins and my next week transfer is already slated Watkins- Haaland. Literally everyone will back on him next week - provided he’s healthy.
On another day it goes the other way, is what I am saying. It’s a very rare week that every decision pays off. I am happy with what I got so far.

Maluco

Yeah, same. Given how terrible pool look at the mo, and how much value we'd stand to lose only to buy him back, I reckon it was a fair punt. Doesn't stop it being annoying mind.
It’s very annoying yeah, especially since I probably would have had a return off the bench, but I would have held Saka and wouldn’t have brought in two returning defenders.

If the punt had come off, it would have been massive. Oh well!

0161_UNITED

I sold Haaland two weeks ago
Same here, nobody is regretting selling Haaland for 2 weeks ago, even if you took a -4 it paid off already. It may even pay off with another -4 to get him back. You only regret it if you can’t afford to get him back…

Regret comes from:
Selling Martinelli for Odegaard after the World Cup and then selling him this week for Maddison. That’s looking like regret. (For me, not you Moby!)

Moby

Dick
Same here, nobody is regretting selling Haaland for 2 weeks ago, even if you took a -4 it paid off already. It may even pay off with another -4 to get him back. You only regret it if you can’t afford to get him back…
No hits. Sold him on WC and currently have ... 10m ITB. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maddison worse. I took out Odegaard for him.
I don't know if Maddison was one of these "XG" things, or just the hope he might bag, but Leicester aren't a good team, aren't on a good run and Maddo hasn't scored more than 4 points in a game week since week 23!

0161_UNITED

No hits. Sold him on WC and currently have ... 10m ITB. :lol:
Exactamundo. Now what is interesting are your thoughts on this…my plan is Toney -> Haaland next week, then Maddison -> Bruno the week after. But now I’m also thinking Watkins -> Jesus which I was going to do anyway for a front 3 of Kane - Jesus - Haaland. I may have to take hits soon, brother. Thoughts?