Fantasy Premier League 22/23

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I also have captaincy down to March/Toney. Toney is the safe bet, but Brighton have better fixtures, midfield points and March’s data seems to suggest he is due. He could just as easily blank twice though, and I doubt Toney will blank in both those games.

It’s worth pointing out they since the restart, Southampton have the 5th best defence in the league, so it might not be the fixture it seems like for Toney away from home.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm all in on March. No point playing safe. feck Toney that useless shit. Captain him and he'll blank, don't Captain him and he'll score. You lose either way.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Thought you were on Mitoma?
Actually I will go Mitoma. I prefer March on xG but my rival doesn't have Mitoma at all (and he has 3 Brighton players) so if he bangs, I'm quids in. So to reiterate, I WOULD go March but based on personal team and rivals team, have to go Mitoma.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Are the March suggestions actually serious?
Yes :nervous:

But in true fpl fashion there's just enough doubt about his fitness now to probably not do it and he'll inevitably start and bang, you heard it here first.

Will probably end up being safe/boring and bring Mitoma in. I guess I could captain the Scottish Argentinian instead to spice it up.

I don't think I'll even make a transfer until tomorrow either just to be safe with the weather.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
Isn’t there a real risk here that everyone’s overlooking Haaland against an uninspiring Palace side?

All for DGW picks and I’ve got 2 of BRE/BRI each but just cautious that all the talk of people being due returns is glossing over the fact he’s the leading candidate for it in the game.

We’ve likely all seen how the right pick in a SGW can override a DGW players at times and if Haaaland’s EO drops, he’s the percentage play, no?

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Isn’t there a real risk here that everyone’s overlooking Haaland against an uninspiring Palace side?

All for DGW picks and I’ve got 2 of BRE/BRI each but just cautious that all the talk of people being due returns is glossing over the fact he’s the leading candidate for it in the game.

We’ve likely all seen how the right pick in a SGW can override a DGW players at times and if Haaaland’s EO drops, he’s the percentage play, no?
Shut the hell up. DGW all the way... Down a cliff :lol:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports

There's loads of good candidates this week tbf. Haaland v Palace. Kane v Forest. Rashford v Southampton. Salah/Darwin v Bournemouth etc.....

Any or all of them could bang.

Pickle85

Yup, this is defo a serious consideration.

CM

Yes :nervous:

But in true fpl fashion there's just enough doubt about his fitness now to probably not do it and he'll inevitably start and bang, you heard it here first.

Will probably end up being safe/boring and bring Mitoma in. I guess I could captain the Scottish Argentinian instead to spice it up.

I don't think I'll even make a transfer until tomorrow either just to be safe with the weather.
Well good luck to anyone who does it. I'm probably not one to pass judgement - I went without Haaland between GW4 and GW9 and it backfired horribly. I've done alright since the World Cup but can't help wondering what my rank would be like if I didn't make such a stupid move earlier in the season.

I've just taken Haaland out of my team on a wildcard this week so I'm ready to feel the pain again.

Fabian Keller

I'm all in on March. No point playing safe. feck Toney that useless shit. Captain him and he'll blank, don't Captain him and he'll score. You lose either way.
This puts me off...

I'm on March just for my hunch and the dueness. Think all the BT players are good picks - unlike watford last season, the team is actually in form and looks great. IMO saints will be a horrible game (don't think its gonna be a walk in the park for us) and while haaland will probably score 13 points, i want 20+. Feel Brighton mids have the capacity to do that with these fixtures.

Moby

Dick
I love how blatantly dumb FPL twitter is.

"Sell Haaland because he plays Liverpool in 29."
But also, "Get Chelsea players because they have an easy fixture vs Liverpool in 29."

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I won't be reading this thread before submitting my team. Groupthink has failed me.

I will however come back to rant once my picks fail me nonetheless.

Anustart89

I’m going Mitoma, so if you’re considering doing that, don’t do it as I’m 3m overall :lol:

ROFLUTION

Dont overthink it - Toney. On pens and an overall good player who’s on the end of decent chances almost every game.

saik

Need Lord Trolley to repeat his feat from last time when they faced relegation fodder back to back. Complete with 2 yellow cards. :wenger:

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
It's the safe choice this week in terms of EO I think.

I'm undecided still. I missed a Haaland captain hat trick earlier this season trying to be clever. Time to pay it back?
It's difficult one. Depends on appetite for risk. I've clawed a 70 point deficit to 12 against my rival since the re-start... Do I risk all that on Mitoma (as in certain the rival will Captain Toney as he don't have Mitoma).

Mitoma has been outperforming his xG... Can he keep that up?

March would have been easier choice but with his niggles, dunno if he will play 2x90.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I ruled out Toney because I think Everton and Southampton at home both fighting for their lives could spell blanks.

But you guys have definitely swung me back to Mitoma from March. Injury worries are just too great to back him as captain for both games (assist to @Moby for reminder about his finishing). Mitoma, in general, is an excellent player anyway, so it feels more comfortable on him.

One of the single GW players will almost definitely get a better score, the problem is, which one? It’s too big a gamble I think.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Going Mitoma. Best of luck everyone.
Have Toney, for his inevitable 6 pens.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I'm seriously tempted by March... Looking at their data... It has to be him or Mac but I don't have the latter...

Think I'm gonna do it!

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
I just transferred March in. I'd be more annoyed if I didn't and he returned than vice versa.

Given him the arm band for now as well.

Might also do Tarks to Henry/Estupian as well.