Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
How much further back do you want them? Gabriel news broke a whole day before he was due to play.
You'll always get the odd bit of news emerging that others don't pick up on.
What exactly would pushing the deadline back achieve? This (Gabriel) was a leak for a match that was going to be played 18 hours later. Do you want the deadline to be 24 hours before?

Most sensible fantasy games have the deadline when the first match kicks off. That's the only solution they should consider.
That is one possibly solution, but there are others that would make for a more level playing field.

One would be to keep possible transfers alive until that game has kicked off. Lots of games do that and it works pretty well.

The best solutions are the ones that give the most people time to react.

Pickle85

Not a great first day. Got rid of esupinan for stones and didn't get joao Pedro because I wanted to keep 2m back for kdb. 45 with four to play. Already on the beach.

0161_UNITED

That is one possibly solution, but there are others that would make for a more level playing field.

One would be to keep possibly transfers alive until that game has kicked off. Lots of games do that and it works pretty well.

The best solutions are the ones that give the most people time to react.
Regardless, there are pay sites, twitter or whatever it’s called these days, YouTube, etc. There’s too much content out there, but as a side effect it’s very difficult to know what to trust. I saw the Let’s Talk FPL thing and moved to Saliba, but nobody did it with confidence and many expected to get burned by twitter rumours.

Side note: This Villa/Newcastle match has been a cracking match.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
This is a reminder of why I stopped playing fpl:

- last minute try hards swapping to saliba
- Gabriel benched inexplicably
- Saliba with an assist
- Gabriel token playing time
- Mings season ender

:lol:

0161_UNITED

Unlucky Pau owners. On 25 seconds too late for the clean sheet.
Not really, be nailed to start v. Everton at home next week and further on. Saves us a transfer to roll.

Bright side of life and all that jazz.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Not really, be nailed to start v. Everton at home next week and further on. Saves us a transfer to roll.

Bright side of life and all that jazz.
I've got Cash for that fixture so hopefully their defence looks better without that clown Mings.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This is a reminder of why I stopped playing fpl:

- last minute try hards swapping to saliba
- Gabriel benched inexplicably
- Saliba with an assist
- Gabriel token playing time
- Mings season ender

:lol:
Try hards :)

As opposedto people trying to act casual about it yet posting about it on an Internet forum on a Saturday night. :D

Bogga

I swapped Saka for Ödegaard and Joao Pedro for Welbeck... don't know what I was thinking. I also took a chance that Burnley would keep Haaland quiet and put Rashford as captain. I wont feel that bad f Rashford scores two or more on monday...

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Looks like the move might be Jackson to Isaak after City play them. Enzo for the cheap bench.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Looks like the move might be Jackson to Isaak after City play them. Enzo for the cheap bench.
You just know then that Wilson comes in against Brighton and Brentford

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Great start for Isak for sure. But next 2 , arguably 3, are why most of us didn't go there.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
On 49 points so far...

Trippier, Estupinan, Mitoma, Saka, Haaland and Pedro all picking up for me. Still got Shaw, Maddison, Rashford, Richy and Onana to go. Thankfully Pedro did the business, got a point more than Watkins who I have on the bench.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
On 49 points so far...

Trippier, Estupinan, Mitoma, Saka, Haaland and Pedro all picking up for me. Still got Shaw, Maddison, Rashford, Richy and Onana to go. Thankfully Pedro did the business, got a point more than Watkins who I have on the bench.
Had a quick look down fotmob, have they got an assist for the wrong player then, can't see one for Trippier ?

0161_UNITED

Not going to humble brag … yet … but I definitely breathed a sigh of relief after today. No forced transfers … yet … and now I can relax and watch the Chelsea and Tottenham matches. I really want to roll this weeks transfer and go after Chelsea assets for week 3.

Colwell and Sanchez are way too tempting….

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Had a quick look down fotmob, have they got an assist for the wrong player then, can't see one for Trippier ?
He got two points. Will probably switch him out, I overlooked their next few fixtures.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He got two points. Will probably switch him out, I overlooked their next few fixtures.
It was the way you included him in a list of players "picking up". You don't normally count 2 pointers in such comments!

He was exceptionally highly owned at 6.5 and with their run of games.

Wing Attack Plan R

Oh yeah, Kane fecked my whole system, all the compromises I had to make in order to field him and Harland at the same time. feck it, I'm not correcting Harland anymore, autocorrect insists it is Harland, who am I to argue with AI? I think we should all be given a do-over with regards to free transfers. Boo. Hiss. Complain. Moan.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Be interesting to see Haaland captaincy numbers next week. Newcastle looked excellent today