Fantasy Premier League 23/24

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Clinging onto the impossible dream of a Chelsea double cleany here.
Or Gusto scoring. That'd be huge.

RedDevil@84

Serves me right for not having the balls to go for the Palmer/Isak captaincy for the differential.
Well, at least I didn't have the cap on Salah.

Edit: Branthwaite coming in with a -1 too :D

Chipper

Adulterer.
Just looked at my cup match for the first time, hadn't dared before now due to having a disaster of a week. Need another Palmer goal and Gusto to score 0 (yellow card subbed off before 60) to draw. Not sure who is ahead on tie breakers. 2 more for Palmer and an Everton goal to win it. :lol:

Oppo got a Ben White cleanie for getting subbed before Arsenal conceded. Meanwhile I had Gabriel and Saliba. The other way around and I'd be in front now.

Last edited:

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Every fecker in my mini leagues also own Palmer and a couple have him as captain so this actually isn’t too good for me :lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Omfg, just saw the game. My score doubled :lol: . Shame my rival has him captain as well.

Need Gusto to hold the CS.

Rightnr

This is a colossal haul. In the other much bigger league I'm in, none of the top 10 had Palmer captain. I making up 30/40 points on all of them. I think only 2% of the top 10k captained Palmer as well. Siuuuu.

I consider this karma for those bloody Foden and Bowen hatties.

Rightnr

Cheers, Poch. Cash money. Need Everton to score now and get us a Gusto BP

Rightnr

Wait, don't tell me Branthwaite was injured. I need him for the DGW

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
38 points from 3 Chelsea players.
Yet a bit gutted my opponent captained Palmer!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
This is a colossal haul. In the other much bigger league I'm in, none of the top 10 had Palmer captain. I making up 30/40 points on all of them. I think only 2% of the top 10k captained Palmer as well. Siuuuu.

Same here, I am the only one in my leagues with Palmer at captain. Loving this.

Pickle85

Top management! I had it on Palmer until the Friday and swapped to Haaland. I should trust my instincts...except for when i shouldn't :lol:

Rightnr

Same but with one game v Liverpool it was hardly going to be a smashfest.
I might just use my BB as a WC at this point. Take -4s for Kelleher, Lascelles and maybe even Branthwaite. If they play two games, I am net neutral and get to swap some of these bums.

I also need to take this advice... or not
Honestly, the worst decisions this season for me have been reading what others will do. My best moves have been probably the 2nd or 3rd very good choices.

Not sure I can do as well next season...

Chipper

Adulterer.
Palmer for the differential. Did it in GW31 and he's a beast at home.
Saved my arse there, cheers!

Still managed a red arrow by 3 despite that. :lol: 72 points in the end. Could have been a truly bad week.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
79 for me. Rival who for lucky with vice cap Palmer 85.
Lucky dastard.

On we go to week 34 though.

Rightnr

That Palmer captaincy catapulted me to within touching distance of the top 30k. Never expected it after a horrendous GW31.

Still nowhere near the Caf mini league top, there's some serious players on there...

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Amazing score from Palmer. Kudos to everyone who captained him. Well deserved. He'll be the defacto captain now in 35 and probably quite heavily capped in 37 as well, especially if City have the league sown up.

Now 21 points behind my mini league rival after being ahead of him just a couple of weeks back. He keeps getting the jam and I don't seem to get any.

At the moment he's got Saliba, Saka, Darwin, VVD, Zab and Solanke for the double plus 2 FT's.

I think I'm going to avoid Bournemouth completely and I need to load up on players with haul potential to try and claw that gap back (he looks like he's going for safety of minutes over all else with his picks). See what happens in the midweek European games and then lock something in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was moaning about the luck of the Palmer vice captain, but did chuckle at the bad luck of someone else in my league.

He ran his BB and had Foden, Brighton defender, City defender and Kelleher as his 4 (well, assume Foden was in the lineup and got bumped etc..but anyway).

But that 4 could easily have amassed 30-40 points.

Actual score?

:wenger::lol:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Eze and a Palace defender seem like the obvious choices, no? Or perhaps bringing TAA back in...

I could have 9 DGW players: Neto, Gabriel, Smith, TAA, Saka, Salah, Eze, Darwin, Cunha. Not sure which obvious ones I'm missing bar Solanke, but my other striker is Toney playing Luton so don't wanna burn a transfer on that.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I’d have to take a -4 to get 6 DGW players in next week which isn’t a lot but don’t think that’s too bad?

This is my first year playing properly but with the experience of the last DGW which everyone free hit on to get a full squad of doubles it felt like the safer option was to stick with trusted point scorers even if they only have one game versus getting some bum in because they have two games?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Eze and a Palace defender seem like the obvious choices, no? Or perhaps bringing TAA back in...

I could have 9 DGW players: Neto, Gabriel, Smith, TAA, Saka, Salah, Eze, Darwin, Cunha. Not sure which obvious ones I'm missing bar Solanke, but my other striker is Toney playing Luton so don't wanna burn a transfer on that.
Smith? Adam Smith? Think you're the only person I've seen with him.

Re: Toney - I mean you say that but he's not playing any minutes at the moment which is the main problem. Will he be benched again this weekend?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Smith? Adam Smith? Think you're the only person I've seen with him.

Re: Toney - I mean you say that but he's not playing any minutes at the moment which is the main problem. Will he be benched again this weekend?
Oh yeah crap, forgot he was benched. Does he carry an injury?

And yeah, Adam friggin Smith :lol: Decided to go fancy back in DGW28 or whenever the Bournemouth vs Luton double happened instead of that other dude, which massively backfired of course. Then Smith did nothing for a few weeks, and of course he got a CS and 3BP on my bench last week.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
Oh yeah crap, forgot he was benched. Does he carry an injury?

And yeah, Adam friggin Smith :lol: Decided to go fancy back in DGW28 or whenever the Bournemouth vs Luton double happened instead of that other dude, which massively backfired of course. Then Smith did nothing for a few weeks, and of course he got a CS and 3BP on my bench last week.
He's carrying a knock apparently but who knows...maybe partly that and partly that they know he isn't going to be there next season so making plans without him now. He's done for me anyway. FH out this week and then Isak in for him in 35 in what might be the biggest no brainer of the season.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
He's carrying a knock apparently but who knows...maybe partly that and partly that they know he isn't going to be there next season so making plans without him now. He's done for me anyway. FH out this week and then Isak in for him in 35 in what might be the biggest no brainer of the season.
My mate is a Brentford season ticket holder and said he feels like it's to retain his value as he hasn't been playing well since returning. But playing Luton is a great time to feast on some goals so I think he has a chance to play.

BootsyCollins

I got a FH and BB left and thinking about when its the best to use them.
Thinking about swapping my two Spurs players for two Palace players this week and to the BB, then sub back Son and do a FH in another double round. What does the Caf think?