Fantasy Premier League 23/24

SteveCoppellFan

I'm bloody nowhere in any league, not much chance of cashing in my cash leagues and 31 points behind a mate who I have a £100 bet with.

I need the most cunning of cunning plans ever to overhaul those points.

Season has been one to forget, summed up with my Bruno captain punt in the last GW.

A special mention to Bruno, Rashford and Maddison for literally never getting me points when I had them at various times and to all those cheap differentials in midfield who ran god like all season whenever I never had them.

Next season will hopefully be better.

RaddyRed

Supports
Henrik Larsson
I've always thought a last day wildcard for everyone should be introduced. One last throw of the dice for people chasing points. Always inconsistent scores on the last day

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I've always thought a last day wildcard for everyone should be introduced. One last throw of the dice for people chasing points. Always inconsistent scores on the last day
I agree - or something like being allowed to bring in a player from any club you've never included a player from for free. Something to liven it up a bit. Especially as last days can throw up some crazy results.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Had a think about it and I can't get rid of if Foden. City will hammer West Ham (no pun intended) and it's gonna be too nerve wrecking checking the scores.

My rival will most likely play Jackson or Isak as his second striker so I'll replace Jackson with one of Darwin or Cody (depending on leaks) and captain Saka.

Although he can easily do Ederson & Gordon to Ortega & Saka. In fact, I reckon he might do that thinking about it.

I really need Havertz FFS but what's the better differential move?

Drop Foden for Havertz or Jackson for Darwin/Gakpo?

Or maybe I should do what others says and just sell Maddison. Only reason I don't want to is they're playing Sheffield United and he's a differential for me.

Hate having this dilemma in the final week.

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had a think about it and I can't get rid of if Foden. City will hammer West Ham (no pun intended) and it's gonna be too nerve wrecking checking the scores.

My rival will most likely play Jackson or Isak as his second striker so I'll replace Jackson with one of Darwin or Cody (depending on leaks) and captain Saka.

Although he can easily do Ederson & Gordon to Ortega & Saka. In fact, I reckon he might do that thinking about it.

I really need Havertz FFS but what's the better differential move?

Drop Foden for Havertz or Jackson for Darwin/Gakpo?

Or maybe I should do what others says and just sell Maddison. Only reason I don't want to is they're playing Sheffield United and he's a differential for me.

Hate having this dilemma in the final week.
Looking at the stats, Maddo has scored more than 2 points ONCE in the last 9 game weeks.
That was 6 - a 4 and a 2 in a double.

In their home game v Sheff Utd, he played 90 and scored....1 point.

Johnson has a couple of 5 pointers in the last 3 weeks.
Kulu last scored above 2 points in game week 28.

Heck these are some bleak figures!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Looking at the stats, Maddo has scored more than 2 points ONCE in the last 9 game weeks.
That was 6 - a 4 and a 2 in a double.

In their home game v Sheff Utd, he played 90 and scored....1 point.

Johnson has a couple of 5 pointers in the last 3 weeks.
Kulu last scored above 2 points in game week 28.

Heck these are some bleak figures!
I know I know but my rival has Johnson so that's out and Maddison to Kulu seems shit.

Maybe you're all right and I'll just do Maddison to Havertz.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know I know but my rival has Johnson so that's out and Maddison to Kulu seems shit.

Maybe you're all right and I'll just do Maddison to Havertz.
Oh if you can do Maddo straight to Havertz that'd the way.

Arsenal striker in a must win game or flimsy wishy washy well out of form Maddo?
Could go tits up but could be big.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had a quick check of my league.
Top 10 get money, am currently joint 10th (will have to see what rules I put in for a tiebreak, don't think it's split the money!)

4 below between 1-5 points. One has a triple captain left, no-one else in the 7-15th territory does.
One above me has no Arsenal, quite surprisingly.

Gonna be a fun ride on the last day

10 of the team pick themselves, so it will basically come down to

1) Play 3 strikers make no transfer and leave Isak in
2)Play 3 strikers, switch Isak to Mateta, Watkins or Darwin
3)Play 5 mids and field Garnacho
4)Play 5 mids and switch Garnacho to an Elise or someone else.

ROFLUTION

Current Free hit team

Raya
Tomiyasu-White-Trent
KdB-Foden-Palmer-Salah-Johnson
Gakpo-Haaland

Thoughts?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I wouldn't take a hit unless you have players missing.

The choices there are a toss up.
I'm still considering shipping Isak but then you remember he's on 20 league goals so is it mad to take him out on that record?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So I think I'm gonna go for broke... feck it! Need to catch 24 points:

Here is my team currently (£1.2 in the bank):

Onana
Gvardiol, Gabriel, VDV
Saka, Foden, Palmer, Son, Maddison
Jackson, Haaland

Subs: Areola, Isak, Gusto, Reguilon

My rival's team (£1.5 in the bank and 2 transfers):

Ederson
Burn, Gabriel, Porro
Johnson, Foden, Palmer, Son
Jackson, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Onana, Gordon, Disasi, Reguilon

I reckon he will play it safe and do: Ederson and Burn to GK and Gvardiol, then start Onana in goal.

My big hitting differentials versus him are currently:

Saka & Maddison versus his Johnson & Isak.

Who can I bring in and captain to claw back the points and who do I lose?

Option 1:
Foden to Havertz

Option 2:
Foden to Luiz

Option 3:
Jackson to Mateta

Option 4:
Onana to Raya and then captain Saka as my differential

Please help @CassiusClaymore @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Rightnr @anyone
As promised coming back to this.

This is not a crazy original suggestion but surely Olise captain for the ultimate differential? Or Palmer with Olise still in the team for Maddison who's been terrible.

Based on the info so far (from reliable and less reliable sources), I'm using my 1 FT to go Gordon to Olise.

Feels like there's loads of upside in that Palace game because Villa generally suck away from home, Palace are in great form and Villa have nothing to play for.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
As promised coming back to this.

This is not a crazy original suggestion but surely Olise captain for the ultimate differential? Or Palmer with Olise still in the team for Maddison who's been terrible.

Based on the info so far (from reliable and less reliable sources), I'm using my 1 FT to go Gordon to Olise.

Feels like there's loads of upside in that Palace game because Villa generally suck away from home, Palace are in great form and Villa have nothing to play for.
Thank you will look into that. It's either something like that or Jackson to Gakpo.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Thank you will look into that. It's either something like that or Jackson to Gakpo.
One more that's a bit more left-field if you have space - Trossard.

Also, I'm not sure if benching Gusto is a good idea. He's bound to start with James on a 4-match ban and he plays great with Palmer on the right. Although Palmer has been playing 10 lately, with Madueke doing so well... I'd start Gusto ahead of VdV, despite the easier fixture on paper. Not sure if Spurs have even kept a clean sheet this year...

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
One more that's a bit more left-field if you have space - Trossard.

Also, I'm not sure if benching Gusto is a good idea. He's bound to start with James on a 4-match ban and he plays great with Palmer on the right. Although Palmer has been playing 10 lately, with Madueke doing so well... I'd start Gusto ahead of VdV, despite the easier fixture on paper. Not sure if Spurs have even kept a clean sheet this year...
I considered trossy but he always gets benched early. But VDV to Gusto is a great shout. I might go for that actually.

suheilsworld

Start suggestions please … I have Porro vs SHU and Gusto vs bou on bench with the below starting

Vicario
Gvardiol white Gabriel
Gordon (replace him with olise) saka Foden Palmer
Isak haaland Jackson

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Absolute last knockings. Thinking no transfer at the moment bar a big late leak and playing

Petrovic
White Gabriel Gvardiol
Saka Son Palmer Foden
Haaland (c) Jackson Isak

Garnacho, Munoz, Branthwaite

Isak is a 20 goal guy so just doesn't feel right taking him out. Impossible to leave that back 8 out too.

Unless there's a better bet keeper I'm overlooking who isn't at City or Arsenal!

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Absolute last knockings. Thinking no transfer at the moment bar a big late leak and playing

Petrovic
White Gabriel Gvardiol
Saka Son Palmer Foden
Haaland (c) Jackson Isak

Garnacho, Munoz, Branthwaite

Isak is a 20 goal guy so just doesn't feel right taking him out. Impossible to leave that back 8 out too.

Unless there's a better bet keeper I'm overlooking who isn't at City or Arsenal!
Mate, don't Captain Haaland... Either you have a pair of balls or you wear a pair of socks when having sex. You're currently the latter of you captain Haaland :lol:

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
I’ve got Gordon and Robertson on yellow flags so hoping we get confirmation before 2:30 if they’re playing… any good sources for early team news?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Mate, don't Captain Haaland... Either you have a pair of balls or you wear a pair of socks when having sex. You're currently the latter of you captain Haaland :lol:
Ignoring Haaland then seeing him smashfest would be outrageous. The others around me can do the mad differential cap.