FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Think he's suggesting your fans were celebrating it like you did when you last won something (probably before your time).
True, I'd better get to bed before my parents find out I'm up beyond my bedtime.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

They've really outdone themselves with how small time they are :lol:

United at the weekend, despite having nothing much to play for, still pushed us all the way and their fans were disappointed at losing the game. Yet Spurs are celebrating losing out on top 4 as long as it stops us winning the league.

Would be incredibly Spursy if City drop points at the weekend and them missing out on champions league was for nothing.
To be fair, our fans wouldn't have been disappointed at losing the game on Sunday had it been Liverpool in City's position. I totally get why Spurs fans were openly happy with losing as they consider you their biggest rivals.

Blood Mage

They did well to keep the score down. I think some of you are being a tad harsh considering we've been steamrolled by this City team twice this season ourselves.

BorisManUtd

They've really outdone themselves with how small time they are :lol:

United at the weekend, despite having nothing much to play for, still pushed us all the way and their fans were disappointed at losing the game. Yet Spurs are celebrating losing out on top 4 as long as it stops us winning the league.

Would be incredibly Spursy if City drop points at the weekend and them missing out on champions league was for nothing.
They were good and even perhaps better than City until the penalty and 0-2.

On their fans: weren't there Arsenal fans saying they'd be happy to lost EL final to Chelsea as long as Spurs lose to Liverpool in CL final? Many of your fans were definitely worried about the possibility of Tottenham winning the Champions League.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair, our fans wouldn't have been disappointed at losing the game on Sunday had it been Liverpool in City's position. I totally get why Spurs fans were openly happy with losing as they consider you their biggest rivals.
Are you saying Utd fans would be happy to miss out on Champions League football next season if it stopped Liverpool winning the league? No chance.

What did the fans do ? I didn’t see the game
Singing in celebration and doing the Poznan after City scored their 1st goal - https://x.com/Alexiir2/status/1790478854579990963

Celebrating Halaand scoring his 2nd goal - https://x.com/jimmy_chilides/status/1790489633760989368

Explains a lot about the club mentality when you have a fanbase like that. Imagine you're a Tottenham player trying to fight to get a spot in one of the most elite competitions in the world but you see your fans celebrate a goal against you because it stops some team down the road from you from winning.

Last edited:

Supports
Chelsea
When you have a set of supporters that are completely unbearable like Arsenal fans are I can totally understand the reaction of the Spurs fans. The same scenario thrown at Utd when Liverpool hadn't won a title in 30 odd years, I'm pretty sure a lot of Utd fans would've felt the same way Spurs fans do.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It's been an interesting season for them.

They have generally been good value up to April with their style and rigidly stuck to it which is important for the long run.

However Maddison and Son massively tailed off second half of the season bar games here and there. Bissouma also is a player I think who flatters to deceive at crucial parts of the season so can see him being moved on.

Worth remembering though they played THREE cup games all season. Ourselves and Newcastle played more than that by the end of September pretty much so I struggle to see how they'll cope playing Thursday-Sunday dynamic regularly next season.

Probably the usual trajectory of they'll go back down the league again and Ange will just become another Spurs manager under serious pressure before too long.

Ludens the Red

I get why he’s angry to be honest and I think it’s clear why he is.
The players did fine tonight to be fair but their fanbase should genuinely be embarrassed. I totally get not minding if your team loses in this situation.

I’ll hold my hands up and say I wasn’t unhappy we lost on the weekend, nor when we lost to city in 2019 when they were neck and neck with Pool. However the way their fans have acted in the build up to this, during and after the game. I’ve even seen some comments in different chat groups from their fans and it’s truly embarrassing and small time.
Like yeah take the loss but just shut up about it and move on. They’ve almost began bragging in defeat. It’s so fecking weird. You never saw United fans doing this over the years when we were in similar positions.

Totally get why Ange is annoyed. I’d be too if I was managing a club who’s fanbases behaved in the way they have over the last few days.

Bright_Eyes

I get why he’s angry to be honest and I think it’s clear why he is.
The players did fine tonight to be fair but their fanbase should genuinely be embarrassed. I totally get not minding if your team loses in this situation.

I’ll hold my hands up and say I wasn’t unhappy we lost on the weekend, nor when we lost to city in 2019 when they were neck and neck with Pool. However the way their fans have acted in the build up to this, during and after the game. I’ve even seen some comments in different chat groups from their fans and it’s truly embarrassing and small time.
Like yeah take the loss but just shut up about it and move on. They’ve almost began bragging in defeat. It’s so fecking weird. You never saw United fans doing this over the years when we were in similar positions.

Totally get why Ange is annoyed. I’d be too if I was managing a club who’s fanbases behaved in the way they have over the last few days.
It didn't look like most of the fans tbf. A minority

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's been an interesting season for them.

They have generally been good value up to April with their style and rigidly stuck to it which is important for the long run.

However Maddison and Son massively tailed off second half of the season bar games here and there. Bissouma also is a player I think who flatters to deceive at crucial parts of the season so can see him being moved on.

Worth remembering though they played THREE cup games all season. Ourselves and Newcastle played more than that by the end of September pretty much so I struggle to see how they'll cope playing Thursday-Sunday dynamic regularly next season.

Probably the usual trajectory of they'll go back down the league again and Ange will just become another Spurs manager under serious pressure before too long.
This is quite an odd viewpoint. Villa finished 14th, then 7th, then 4th. In fact, Villa also literally played 3 cup games the season they finished 14th. Clubs don't stand still,they build squads based on the competitions they're in and rotate accordingly.

Also not sure, 'banter aside' of how that's the usual trajectory, when we're the only non oil club who's been able to break into the 90s top 4 monopoly and finish in the CL places consistently.

It's been an interesting one. It's easy to forget we finished 8th last season and lost Kane a few days before the season started. Pretty sure most people were writing us off completely so to even be near the CL places was unexpected.

Regardless, I think actually we started the season incredibly well but tailed off massively in the second half, both in results and performances. He has not done well in the cups. We've lost 5 of the past 6.

It's a process for sure but Ange will be under a bit more pressure regardless next season anyway. Being plucky underdogs who can go on 4 or 5 match runs where we pick up 1 point isn't going to get as little attention next season.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Are you saying Utd fans would be happy to miss out on Champions League football next season if it stopped Liverpool winning the league? No chance.
Personally - yes, I'd rather that happened. We would struggle to get out of the group stage of the CL next season. Whereas Liverpool equalling our 20 league titles is a huge deal.

mathrait

Supports
Arsenal
Personally - yes, I'd rather that happened. We would struggle to get out of the group stage of the CL next season. Whereas Liverpool equalling our 20 league titles is a huge deal.
Thats not necessarily the same thing. Here you would rather lose to maintain your position as the team with the most English league titles - this reasoning is centred around maintaining your clubs achievement. If you wanted to see your club fail just out of spite for another club, it would be incredibly small time.

Someone

Something
I would say the majority of the fanbase would disagree with that. It's a small time mentality. There's no fecking way I'd sacrifice having United in the CL just to prevent Liverpool from winning the title.

The Spurs fanbase embarrassed themselves tonight. I'd understand it if they had nothing to play for, but a shot at CL football is huge for them. I fully understand why Ange is upset.

Rockets Redglare

And which of Tottenham’s records would Arsenal be equalling by winning the title this year?

PoTMS

Ange can feck right off. I'd behave exactly the same as these Spurs fans. If you really need it explained to you, you just don't get it, mate.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I would say the majority of the fanbase would disagree with that. It's a small time mentality. There's no fecking way I'd sacrifice having United in the CL just to prevent Liverpool from winning the title.

The Spurs fanbase embarrassed themselves tonight. I'd understand it if they had nothing to play for, but a shot at CL football is huge for them. I fully understand why Ange is upset.
Each to their own. Football rivalry is tribal, but not ubiquitous across the entire fanbase. I would rather sacrifice seeing us participate in the CL next season than see Liverpool win their 20th title, but I respect those who think differently. I personally wouldn't openly cheer/celebrate my team losing in the same way Spurs fans did tonight (I would be quietly relieved), however I can't knock those Spurs fans who behaved that way. Once you start drawing lines on what levels of tribalism are/aren't acceptable then it gets a bit murky, and I'm not one to sit on my high horse about that sort of stuff.

And which of Tottenham’s records would Arsenal be equalling by winning the title this year?
Records or no records - seeing your most bitter rivals lift the title after 20 years would be hard to stomach, even more so if you're the club responsible for handing it to them.

CloneMC16

Ange can feck right off. I'd behave exactly the same as these Spurs fans. If you really need it explained to you, you just don't get it, mate.
He has standards and cares more about his own team getting a CL place than whatever Arsenal are doing.

That's the type of manager you want.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Spot on, terrible hill to die on. Easiest way to spot blokes who haven't a clue on supporting a football team - hating your closest rival is one of the most intrinsic parts of it.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This is quite an odd viewpoint. Villa finished 14th, then 7th, then 4th. In fact, Villa also literally played 3 cup games the season they finished 14th. Clubs don't stand still,they build squads based on the competitions they're in and rotate accordingly.

Also not sure, 'banter aside' of how that's the usual trajectory, when we're the only non oil club who's been able to break into the 90s top 4 monopoly and finish in the CL places consistently.

It's been an interesting one. It's easy to forget we finished 8th last season and lost Kane a few days before the season started. Pretty sure most people were writing us off completely so to even be near the CL places was unexpected.

Regardless, I think actually we started the season incredibly well but tailed off massively in the second half, both in results and performances. He has not done well in the cups. We've lost 5 of the past 6.

It's a process for sure but Ange will be under a bit more pressure regardless next season anyway. Being plucky underdogs who can go on 4 or 5 match runs where we pick up 1 point isn't going to get as little attention next season.
We had Gerrard "managing" that year, enough said.

What I mean is you generally play relentless without a breath football so it's easier to do that once a week. If you've seen us play regularly under Emery then you notice it's a different style as we like to take periods in each half where we really slow the tempo down and play at a walking pace so for a few minutes so completely different to what you do or Newcastle with a similar style under Howe.

Even with the slower tempo we've completely hit the wall in last month with some very tired performances so I'd be surprised if you combine a serious top 4 challenge with deep europa run next season.

Really unless they implode with transfer decisions during the summer Chelsea should comfortably get back into the top 4 next year.

Irwin99

I can understand Spurs fans are happy at denying Arsenal but another consequence of the league's failure to dock City points is that it's just another way Spurs miss out on Champions League football. I see people make the argument about missing out on Champions League with the line "well, we'd never win it anyway" and that really isn't the point. Aston Villa aren't going to win it next year but they're going to get a lot of cash and deserved prestige for being there.

BorisManUtd

I’d sacrifice it. We finish 4th behind Copenhagen and Galatasaray anyway. We’ve been Europa League team for years.

Pscholes18

Piss poor club can never do anything when it counts. Feck off Spurs.

Nice bottle job by Son in the 86th. Muppet.

First QPR, now Son.

Last edited:

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We had Gerrard "managing" that year, enough said.

What I mean is you generally play relentless without a breath football so it's easier to do that once a week. If you've seen us play regularly under Emery then you notice it's a different style as we like to take periods in each half where we really slow the tempo down and play at a walking pace so for a few minutes so completely different to what you do or Newcastle with a similar style under Howe.

Even with the slower tempo we've completely hit the wall in last month with some very tired performances so I'd be surprised if you combine a serious top 4 challenge with deep europa run next season.

Really unless they implode with transfer decisions during the summer Chelsea should comfortably get back into the top 4 next year.
Well its not nuff said because the point is not the season you finished 14th, the point is that clubs can (and do) get into Europe and adjust their squads accordingly. Its not like this is a novel thing, this season was the first without European football for us for around 15 years I think. You came 7th, Emery did what Emery does which is go deep in European competition and you still finished 4th.

Remains to be seen how Ange does in his second season to be honest. I've not been impressed with the second half of the season (when I've been able to tune in anyway) in terms of our actual play or results but its also easy to forget that Ange shifted expectations of what could be achieved with the early season form so will need to see what he does in the summer and beyond.

Not sure I've seen anything of Chelsea in the past few seasons that indicates they'll be comfortably getting back into the top 4 to be honest.

Also worth mentioning that were it not for Man Utd and Newcastle's shite attempts this season, which are not replicated most seasons, the PL would actually have 5 spots for CL and so its a 'top 5' challenge.

Posh Red

There’s a difference between being quietly pleased with a loss, and the behaviour of the spurs fans over the past few days. They’ve been buying City shirts, copying Man City’s celebrations, and I actually think this might be the happiest I’ve seen spurs fans in about twenty years (if not ever). It’s insane, to be honest. I can’t believe what I’ve been seeing.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
There’s a difference between being quietly pleased with a loss, and the behaviour of the spurs fans over the past few days. They’ve been buying City shirts, copying Man City’s celebrations, and I actually think this might be the happiest I’ve seen spurs fans in about twenty years (if not ever). It’s insane, to be honest. I can’t believe what I’ve been seeing.
You know Spurs fans, in real life, who are walking around in City shirts and happier than they've been in twenty years, if not ever? Really?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Interesting. I can't say I know a single Spurs fan that likes City, wears a City shirt or was actively happy about yesterday, let alone happier than at any point over the past 20 years.

Clearly the Peterborough Spurs fans are built differently.

Posh Red

Interesting. I can't say I know a single Spurs fan that likes City, wears a City shirt or was actively happy about yesterday, let alone happier than at any point over the past 20 years.

Clearly the Peterborough Spurs fans are built differently.
I live in Sale, tbf. But I actually know people that live in various places.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I live in Sale, tbf. But I actually know people that live in various places.
Fair enough. I live in London, regularly go to games (though very few this season) and knows loads of Spurs fans. Not a single one is 'happy', let alone happier than winning a trophy, first game in the new stadium, first time qualifying for the CL, first time ever getting to a CL final or even a game as mundane as our most recent victory against Burnley.

Like I said, you must know a different breed.

Posh Red

Fair enough. I live in London, regularly go to games (though very few this season) and knows loads of Spurs fans. Not a single one is 'happy', let alone happier than winning a trophy, first game in the new stadium, first time qualifying for the CL, first time ever getting to a CL final or even a game as mundane as our most recent victory against Burnley.

Like I said, you must know a different breed.
It’s not even just the ones I know. I put the radio on, and there were an endless stream of spurs fans ringing in, exclaiming how happy they were. I’m surprised that you’ve not encountered any spurs fans that are genuinely buzzing with what happened last night.