FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still don't get how Spurs got an invite to the Super league? :houllier:

POF

If they get this next appointment wrong, they might not get an invite when it happens next time. They're a club on the slide.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
Because if you’re going to invite Arsenal anyway, why not make It interesting for their fans by creating a sort of sad excitement around the question of whether they’ll finish above Spurs or not?

King7Eric

If they get this next appointment wrong, they might not get an invite when it happens next time. They're a club on the slide.
Wait what :nervous:
Because if you’re going to invite Arsenal anyway, why not make It interesting for their fans by creating a sort of sad excitement around the question of whether they’ll finish above Spurs or not?
Fair point:lol:

It's straightforward. Follow the money. That's what it was all about.
Cheers mate but I was just being sarcastic.

Oranges038

Sacked the best manager they've had in years and hired a sour past it has been. Who was then sacked for being generally rubbish, played crap football and gets a 30m pay off.

No money, need a new manager and a squad in need of some major updates bordering on a complete overhaul.

Things aren't looking great for Spurs.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Sacked the best manager they've had in years and hired a sour past it has been. Who was then sacked for being generally rubbish, played crap football and gets a 30m pay off.

No money, need a new manager and a squad in need of some major updates bordering on a complete overhaul.

Things aren't looking great for Spurs.
They should have stuck with Jose for another year or two no matter how much damage he did, I think most of it was already done.

King7Eric

No worries. I have to keep checking that Spurs "deserved" a place myself! They don't seem like a top-10 club by revenue, but I guess they are.
Just highlights the debt they owe Pochettino for making them relevant these last 5 years or so. They get into that top 10 because they play in the PL. If clubs like West Ham or Everton or Newcastle could have a sustained push for top 4 places for 3-4 years, I'm pretty sure they would be displacing Spurs from that list.

Oranges038

They should have stuck with Jose for another year or two no matter how much damage he did, I think most of it was already done.
Nah, they should never have hired him. They were in need of some new players, not a new manager with an opposing style to the man he replaced.

If he were to stay for another year or two, he would eventually be sacked anyway. They would have a worse squad with more older players on stupid money and ultimately be in worse shape than they are now.

Ajr

Probably no longer under surveillance
Nah, they should never have hired him. They were in need of some new players, not a new manager with an opposing style to the man he replaced.

If he were to stay for another year or two, he would eventually be sacked anyway. They would have a worse squad with more older players on stupid money and ultimately be in worse shape than they are now.
I agree, it was a ridiculous idea hiring him.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Spurs are so stupid.

Letting Poch go was the first mistake. He was growing with the club but they wanted Mourinho for some daft reason.

Then when they have Mourinho, who is a man that knows his way around a final, they sack him right before one and give the job to a guy that is young enough to be playing in the match and has zero managerial experience.

And their squad at one time looked really good. But they didn't build on it and now are stuck with bums like Winks, Aurier and Sanchez :lol:

If Kane or Son leave next year, I can seriously see them bottom half of the table.

Mr Smith

Spurs are so stupid.

Letting Poch go was the first mistake. He was growing with the club but they wanted Mourinho for some daft reason.

Then when they have Mourinho, who is a man that knows his way around a final, they sack him right before one and give the job to a guy that is young enough to be playing in the match and has zero managerial experience.

And their squad at one time looked really good. But they didn't build on it and now are stuck with bums like Winks, Aurier and Sanchez :lol:

If Kane or Son leave next year, I can seriously see them bottom half of the table.
I could understand them hiring Poch as all the news out of the camp was that he'd burnt out the players. I think he just came to the end of his cycle there.

The mistake was hiring Mourinho when Ancelotti was available.

el3mel

Regardless of the next appointment, Spurs are going down hill. They'll never be able to replace Kane and Son with players who put on similar numbers. They have signed several attackers since then and all have been a massive step down from both. They didn't manage to replace Eriksen probably, Ndombele and Lo Celso are a big step down from him. They didn't manage to replace Dembele and Wanyama. They won't be able to replace Kane and Son either. Once these two get past it/leave, Spurs are done for.

Teja

Ranked 14th on the UEFA club coefficient index, used to be consistent top four and only recently been to the CL final - more than what can be said about United.

They're a good side, one of the many that need to get over Jose.

POF

Wait what :nervous:
Haha. I'd be amazed if this isn't back on the table in 2-3 years. The 12 clubs scored a massive political own goal with how they delivered it. In their minds, that was their mistake, not the concept.

Regardless of the next appointment, Spurs are going down hill. They'll never be able to replace Kane and Son with players who put on similar numbers. They have signed several attackers since then and all have been a massive step down from both. They didn't manage to replace Eriksen probably, Ndombele and Lo Celso are a big step down from him. They didn't manage to replace Dembele and Wanyama. They won't be able to replace Kane and Son either. Once these two get past it/leave, Spurs are done for.
I agree but if the Super League happened, they would have been cemented as one of the top 12-15 clubs globally. Just by pure weight of financial power.

If they continue to slide, they could be well outside that and not even considered when it comes around again.

Timing is everything. If the Super League happened 20-30 years ago, a breakaway group of 12 teams would have had 2-3 English teams rather than 6.

dpansheth

Ranked 14th on the UEFA club coefficient index, used to be consistent top four and only recently been to the CL final - more than what can be said about United.

They're a good side, one of the many that need to get over Jose.
Take Kane out and see what happens. They’ll fall out of top 30 clubs of Europe. Which I believe will happen next season. The squad has reached its collective end

Teja

Take Kane out and see what happens. They’ll fall out of top 30 clubs of Europe. Which I believe will happen next season. The squad has reached its collective end
Highly unlikely given the top 30 includes clubs like Besiktas, Benfica, Leverkusen, Zenit, Basel etc.

Worst case scenario if they don’t spend the 100m+ they get from selling Kane is a slow decline to top 6 / Everton levels. Top four days are probably done if Kane leaves.

SinNombre

Where did the United comparison come from? United are 8th in the same coefficients and will finish ahead of Spurs 3 out of last 4 seasons.

We are not back to where we want to be but are clearly a solid top 10 team in Europe again

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
They are the 9th richest club in world football, above Juventus, Arsenal, Dortmund, Athletico Madrid, Inter etc. As others have said it is all about the $$$.

RedDevil@84

Not investing was the first mistake I guess. They spent all their fortunes on that stadium which was delayed and delayed and then, after Poch had made them a fighting team, made no proper investments. Everything went into a downward spiral after that.

Ladron de redcafe

I think that bar Kane and Son, Tottenham are a very ordinary team. Having said that, we can't simply debate how poor they'd be without their main pieces. If Kane were to leave, they would have an enormous lump-sum to replace him with. That would be the better comparison.

Champagne Football

Brendan Rodgers would cruise to top 4 with their current squad.

Bale, Doherty and Alli all got the famed Jose spoiled brat treatment - 'If you don't play well in the one or two chances I give you, then you're on the bench for the rest of the season!'

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Highly unlikely given the top 30 includes clubs like Besiktas, Benfica, Leverkusen, Zenit, Basel etc.

Worst case scenario if they don’t spend the 100m+ they get from selling Kane is a slow decline to top 6 / Everton levels. Top four days are probably done if Kane leaves.
Yeah I just see them being a Europa League team again if Kane and Son leave. But Spurs generally reinvest that money in the squad, Bale money for example. And they go out and buy young exciting talent, squad could do with a bit of an overhaul to be honest, Kane and Son sales would guarantee that.

Siezard

They lack a commanding centreback...someone like Vidic. And midfield centre...Someone like Roy Keane.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Brendan Rodgers would cruise to top 4 with their current squad.

Bale, Doherty and Alli all got the famed Jose spoiled brat treatment - 'If you don't play well in the one or two chances I give you, then you're on the bench for the rest of the season!'
That’s unlikely seeing as Leicester have a better team than Spurs. Aside from Kane and Son I don’t really think Spurs would get another player into that Leicester team.

Siezard

That’s unlikely seeing as Leicester have a better team than Spurs. Aside from Kane and Son I don’t really think Spurs would get another player into that Leicester team.
Well, Bale and Alli are bigger stars than most of Leicester's players. And some like Lucas Moura or Alderweld are considered solid players too.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Well, Bale and Alli are bigger stars than most of Leicester's players. And some like Lucas Moura or Alderweld are considered solid players too.
Bale is finished and Alli has always been overrated. I also don’t see how stardom can be used to justify on field selections. Leicester have some very good players and know how to function as a unit.

King7Eric

लैड्स, यह स्पर्स है। इसके अलावा, पनीर कमरा कहाँ है?
Ffs. As an Indian I can tell you, it's the first time in my life I've heard the phrase " Paneer Kamra" as you right it. :lol: :lol: