FAO Tottenham Hotspur | Fighting Cock Goes Into Meltdown | Glast...gone

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
There's a culture problem at the club and it comes from the top. Similar to the Glazers being the rotten apple at United.

If owners don't care about winning and only care about the books being healthy and profitable then trophies won't come.

Levy is a good owner has kept the club in a very solid position but never pushed them on to become more.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
When ten Hag said he'd win silverware at Tottenham I imagine he was shown the door like that gif from The Office

romufc

Harry Kane has to know now that as long as he remains with Spurs that he'll remain trophyless. Question is, does it even matter to him any longer?
You know they say, have players with a winning mentality. Harry Kane is not one of them. Harry Kane only cares about his own personal records rather than the team.

There are many reasons why people say sign Kane but there are alot of red flags too.

Cloud7

Spurs FA cup exits past 10 years

Magic of the FA cup and all that but besides United, Chelsea and Arsenal the rest of those aren't teams a side like Spurs should be going out to considering the quality they had in those years

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
This is just unbelievable

This sums up the problem at Spurs perfectly. We have never replaced Jan and Toby and instead relied on their back-ups. Romero has been a great buy but we need another 2 as good as him in the squad. It all starts with the shaky defence which then causes panic throughout the entire team because if they lose the ball they know the defence can't deal with it.

JimmyWils

tbf to them they have had some absolute super star players in recent years. And played some great football under certain managers.

From the swashbuckling Redknapp team with Bale, Modric, Van Der Vaart.

To Pochettino's stifling pressing football with Eriksen, Kane, a peak Alli, Dembele and a great defensive lineup of Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Walker and Rose.

It's just the Jose, Nuno, Conte era that has had drab football.
To be honest, in my book, this just means that they've massively wasted the talent of these players. Good/well-managed teams that have these kind of players fix things to maximise the potential of them and this results in trophies.

Spurs don't do this, they just do their best to keep their soon-to-be underperforming stars (with Kane being an obvious exception here) like Alli, or let them be poached and do better elsewhere than they ever would have done at Spurs. There is no way that Bale or Modric would have had the careers they have by sticking with Spurs, and the same for numerous others.

I'd wonder what Levy has on Harry Kane if he doesn't leave now that he's got that record, because honestly that guy deserves to win something decent in his career. At this rate he'll somehow beat Shearer's record without ever winning a PL.

Mr. Robot

Rants is way too arrogant, the guy cannot admit when he is wrong. Ex is proper fun
They're both insufferable cnuts in my opinion but maybe that's because I'm older and not their demographic.

Expressions is a cringe lord. His SHOUTING all of the time just isn't for me. I enjoy calm, considered debate not that shite.

mav_9me

This sums up the problem at Spurs perfectly. We have never replaced Jan and Toby and instead relied on their back-ups. Romero has been a great buy but we need another 2 as good as him in the squad. It all starts with the shaky defence which then causes panic throughout the entire team because if they lose the ball they know the defence can't deal with it.
Dier is a starter no? That's one of the biggest issues. He is absolutely not good enough to be a starter in a top 4 team.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
They're both insufferable cnuts in my opinion but maybe that's because I'm older and not their demographic.

Expressions is a cringe lord. His SHOUTING all of the time just isn't for me. I enjoy calm, considered debate not that shite.
It's theatrical on purpose. They're not meant to be taken seriously. Besides age has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of taste

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud

I love it tbh, most of the football stuff is far too scripted and his reactions, although overblown are hilarious. Also love his catch phrases and movie/film references - the names they come up with are hilarious. Fredgar Davids, Go Jomez etc are just so funny. The banter and chat is great.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Dier is a starter no? That's one of the biggest issues. He is absolutely not good enough to be a starter in a top 4 team.
Dier shouldn't be starting but we have nobody else really. I couldn't agree more with you.

Chief123

I have 2 spurs supporting mates who got real giddy after their title challenge against the mighty Leicester. They genuinely felt that was their entry into the elite group of title challengers for years to come. Turns out it was just a one season (half) wonder.
Even then they still bottled it and got beat to 2nd by Arsenal. :lol:

Chief123

Spurs fans can’t complain. At least they have a nice stadium.

romufc

His Garnacho criticism is a joke, he is massive dickhead for that

Exactly.
Yep, I really think people who have agendas on players and then praise another player for the exact same thing is a joke. Its hard to respect such people.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What's that got to do with it? Even more reason why they should have won competitions more regularly.

They've never won anything.
I wasn't being 100% serious.

But when I was getting into football I very nearly went the Tottenham way due to those 2.
Thankfully I didn't.

Pretty daft to say Tottenham have "never" won anything too in fairness.

I don't know if you only started watching football when the premier league started, but in the all time list, they're 6th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

According to this, they've the 6th most fans out of English clubs

https://www.stadium-maps.com/facts/epl_facebook_table.html

So pretty much absolute par success v support.

Abraxas

It is exactly what I expect of Spurs. To be round about the top 4 or 5, get dumped out of cups, not really be in contention to win anything. Standard stuff - I wouldn't say Conte is excelling or doing particularly poorly, this is what Spurs do. I guess you get Conte in to break that mould but I think his stubborn refusal to change tactics and the awful reliance on a defence that isn't fit for purpose is compromising the chances of that happening. So it's partly uninspired management, partly poor personnel and partly the culture of the club. They probably need a couple hundred million thrown at Conte to have a proper go.

Chief123

They are going to head straight down to mid table once Kane finishes or leaves.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
They are going to head straight down to mid table once Kane finishes or leaves.
Pretty much. Son declining at same time is another big issue now. Richarlison and Danjuma not players who can keep them top 4 imo despite being good age range.

Yes they can keep Kane for another 12 months to give them short term boost of remaiming in mix for top 4 but in long run it's going to mean they have to restructure their forward line in fewer transfer windows.

I'd be surprised if they're higher than 6th next season.

Pronewbie

Peep
Harry Maguire would be an upgrade on Dier and suits Conte's style. He's also proven to be good enough for a top 4 team. A Kane and Maguire swap needs to happen. :angel:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Pretty much. Son declining at same time is another big issue now. Richarlison and Danjuma not players who can keep them top 4 imo despite being good age range.

Yes they can keep Kane for another 12 months to give them short term boost of remaiming in mix for top 4 but in long run it's going to mean they have to restructure their forward line in fewer transfer windows.

I'd be surprised if they're higher than 6th next season.
Their attack is keeping Spurs afloat atm, only Arsenal and City have scored more, they are in real trouble if Kane goes. Son's only got a couple years left in him at the highest levels.

They have not really replaced their backline from the Vertonghen - Alderweireld era. Just shoehorned Dier into the middle of a back three and moved Davies into a left CB role. Should have overhauled the defence seasons ago, how is Sanchez, Tanganga still there and Dier their main defender?

Romero is different class to the rest of that back line, reminds me a little of Carvalho in style.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I wasn't being 100% serious.

But when I was getting into football I very nearly went the Tottenham way due to those 2.
Thankfully I didn't.

Pretty daft to say Tottenham have "never" won anything too in fairness.

I don't know if you only started watching football when the premier league started, but in the all time list, they're 6th.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

According to this, they've the 6th most fans out of English clubs

https://www.stadium-maps.com/facts/epl_facebook_table.html

So pretty much absolute par success v support.
They've won feck all for 60 years.

Dominos

You know they say, have players with a winning mentality. Harry Kane is not one of them. Harry Kane only cares about his own personal records rather than the team.

There are many reasons why people say sign Kane but there are alot of red flags too.
On what basis?

He made a dumb decision signing a long term contract, thinking he could leave anyway whenever he wanted. He tried to force his way out to a club that wins stuff and they wouldn't let him go. He's not the first player to fail to force a transfer, if the club don't want to sell then there's nothing you can do.

The issue with claiming players don't have a winning mentality because they've never won anything, quite often they magically start winning stuff for fun when they join a better team. RVP was part of Arsenal's serial bottlers team and shock horror he fires us to the league title when he joins a proper elite side. Walker would have been another player without a winning mentality had City decided not to sign him and he had to stay at Spurs. It's pseudoscience to suggest these players magically developed a winning mentality, it seems likely they just got to play with better players and better managers.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets

I think he has done as well as he can in a team with Dier as their main defender and clowns like Sanchez in the team.

He has literally carried Spurs at stages during his time there. Will probably need a back operation when he is older the amount of lifting he has done for them. 5 seasons 20+ goals in the PL, one time 30+ goals, on track for 6 seasons, on 18 goals so far, still a ways to go in the season. three times golden boot winner. A season he was the golden boot winner and had the most assists, on track to hunt down Shearers record if he stays in the PL. Model professional, no off field antics being caught with hookers, out partying until 4am etc. No training ground bust ups with management etc.

I'm not seeing too many red flags other than maybe price tag and age.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To be honest, in my book, this just means that they've massively wasted the talent of these players. Good/well-managed teams that have these kind of players fix things to maximise the potential of them and this results in trophies.

Spurs don't do this, they just do their best to keep their soon-to-be underperforming stars (with Kane being an obvious exception here) like Alli, or let them be poached and do better elsewhere than they ever would have done at Spurs. There is no way that Bale or Modric would have had the careers they have by sticking with Spurs, and the same for numerous others.

I'd wonder what Levy has on Harry Kane if he doesn't leave now that he's got that record, because honestly that guy deserves to win something decent in his career. At this rate he'll somehow beat Shearer's record without ever winning a PL.
You say the last line as if the two things are linked in any way.
You could say Shearer "somehow" has the record despite only winning one title.