FC Bayern 17/18 discussion

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Would be an odd hire IMHO, Luis Enrique, considering the language, league & perennial issues he's had dealing with complicated club leadership. Of course, I also suspect Pep would be in a position to give Lucho the best advice on whether it is a worthy pursuit. Would it be a mutually agreed stopgap hire until a German coach is available or would Enrique really be given an opportunity to do a proper job there?

Very strange on balance

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Oh i hope not. I don't rate him at all.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Was thinking about the type of squad Guardiola had at Bayern and really how many players were perfect for filling the type of roles that filled out his Barca 08/09 to 10/11 system.

Neuer the perfect keeper, best in the world with the ball at his feet and sweeping up.
Lahm/Alaba great fits for the FB roles, can attack/defend and had the ball skills of DM's. Kimmich is a great replacement for Lahm too.
Boateng/Hummels good fits for CB, good on the ball and comfortable defending out wide.
Martinez anchoring the midfield in the Busquets role.
Thiago/Kroos to fill the Xavi/Iniesta roles. Nobody in the game today could ever replace these two at their peak, but Thiago and Kroos are amongst the best ball-playing midfielders in the world right now
Lewandowski didn't necessarily fill a similar role up in the front 3, but one of the best strikers in the world so it shouldn't really matter.

Maybe if Pep had stayed, he'd convinced Kroos to stay and Bayern had invested in some quality replacements for the aging/oft injured Ribery & Robben, we could have been looking at a period of Bayern dominance right now.

Blackwidow

Bild just announces that Jupp will take over again until the end of the season...

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Wow, i think their first choice said no. Think Nagelsmann will start there 2018, so they need someone until next summer. Still can't believe it.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
If Jupp is really taking over then that means they decided on Nagelsmann instead of Tuchel (assuming he would have wanted the job). I'd prefer Tuchel, i think Nagelsmann lacks experience.

el3mel

Think that's the right move, and it'll be interesting to see what Nagelsmann will do next season. Bayern should increase their activity in the coming transfer window, though.

Bojan11

If Jupp is really taking over then that means they decided on Nagelsmann instead of Tuchel (assuming he would have wanted the job). I'd prefer Tuchel, i think Nagelsmann lacks experience.
Yep.

They would have given it to Tuchel now if they really wanted him. But it's the best move really. Jupp knows majority of the team and they will definitely give it all for him.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Yep.

They would have given it to Tuchel now if they really wanted him. But it's the best move really. Jupp knows majority of the team and they will definitely give it all for him.
There are rumors flying around that Tuchel didn‘t take the job because the board wasn‘t willing to sell or buy certain players for him.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
Heynckes is back. :eek::eek::eek::lol:

Well, so our board prefers to destroy Jupps legacy in order to wait for Nagelsmann, instead of agreeing to Tuchels terms (selling Müller? for example). Poor Jupp needs to be their puppet now, and Nagelsmann will be the next.

Theonas

Scout

Well, so our board prefers to destroy Jupps legacy in order to wait for Nagelsmann, instead of agreeing to Tuchels terms (selling Müller? for example). Poor Jupp needs to be their puppet now, and Nagelsmann will be the next.
Is that a strong rumour about Tuchel and Müller? If so, why is that?

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Well... I like him. The players like him. Still a bad idea for this squad at this point in time ...

Also a bit ridiculous. Would be hilarious if he wins the CL again and needs to go AGAIN :lol: No, I'm not saying it's likely, but just imagine :lol:

izec

Nagelsmann next season then if Heynckes gets appointed now. Think that is the best decision they could do. Better than Sagnol or Tuchel, the season is still new and Tuchel isnt the mid to long term solution

TotalFootballOne

I wouldn't rule out Tuchel yet, maybe he doesn't want to start at the moment as the season is already in progression and he'd rather wait till next season and start from fresh with the squad.

Blackwidow

Well... I like him. The players like him. Still a bad idea for this squad at this point in time ...

Also a bit ridiculous. Would be hilarious if he wins the CL again and needs to go AGAIN :lol: No, I'm not saying it's likely, but just imagine :lol:
His fourth participation in the Champions League - the three before ended in the final... :cool:

ti vu

Or destroy Jupps' legacy so they can rehire Pep after the guy couldn't make it for City and resigns :wenger:. There wouldn't be as much comparison for Pep's second stint and Pep is second coming. All according plan :p

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Henyckes is a worldclass coach, he‘s someone you‘d sack Ancelotti for, IMO. It would be best for the league if Bayern then decide to bring in Nagelsmann instead of Tuchel, i fear Tuchel could dominate the league for years to come. Luckily Bayern won‘t contemplate to the idea of selling Muller.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Aaaand... we're back? Maybe?

This can only fail, really. I'm hyped, of course. But Jupp deserved his retirement as a triple winner. I hope this doesn't end badly for him.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
There are rumors flying around that Tuchel didn‘t take the job because the board wasn‘t willing to sell or buy certain players for him.
No idea how much is to that rumor.

Tuchel is a concept man and there is no better way to burn him before he even settled in, than to hire him mid-season. He should have, and i imagine he would insist on, having a say in the next summer transfer period and also a full season preparation to work with the team.
After the experiences he made at BVB, where he did get a bunch of 18-year olds but no replacements for Kehl, Weidenfeller or Hummels in terms of experience as he had requested, i wouldn't be surprised if his motives are along that line.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Bayern probably had preliminary interviews with a couple of coaches (including Tuchel), especially if it is true that Hoeneß and KHR are not exactly of one mind these days. I wouldn't necessarily trust the more explicit rumours though. Tuchel has had a close "working relationship" with Sport Bild, among other papers, in the past and saying that Tuchel was open to working again but basically turned down the biggest job in the country, in his home region even, smells like a spinning exercise to me.

SirMattBugsby

Hoeneß and KHR are the real-life version of Avon Barksdale and Stringer Bell in The Wire. One an old-school soldier who wants to stay close to his roots, the other a progressive businessman who feels it's time to move on to better things. Even the analogy of one guy taking over while the other is in prison holds!

Will be interesting to see how they work together to take Bayern forward. Or, who wins..

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Hoeneß and KHR are the real-life version of Avon Barksdale and Stringer Bell in The Wire. One an old-school soldier who wants to stay close to his roots, the other a progressive businessman who feels it's time to move on to better things. Even the analogy of one guy taking over while the other is in prison holds!

Will be interesting to see how they work together to take Bayern forward. Or, who wins..
That's actually true, and it's the reason why a possible return of Heynckes brings questions marks around the club's direction for me. On the one hand, I think it's the best possible solution if we can't get our dream replacement right now, on the other hand, I see it as another symptom of our club not being able to actually move forward since 2013.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Heynckes would act in a Brother Mouzone capacity here though, right?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Heynckes would act in a Brother Mouzone capacity here though, right?
I am so proud of you guys right now.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
:D

wait that´s not enough

closer

almost

now it´s appropriate