g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

FC Bayern 17/18 discussion

SirMattBugsby

Boy this thread has turned dirty.. I usually come here to talk sense but haven't found it for two pages now. Will come back when things have calmed down.

Viral United

Boy this thread has turned dirty.. I usually come here to talk sense but haven't found it for two pages now. Will come back when things have calmed down.
I apologize for my part.
My initial post is for not getting annoyed to some jibs at Bayern fan, turn out it become quite argument.
I will keep my distance with this thread.

SirMattBugsby

I apologize for my part.
My initial post is for not getting annoyed to some jibs at Bayern fan, turn out it become quite argument.
Didn't mean to single out anyone. These things happen when posters have strong and varied opinions about something. It's just that I've become used to a different sort of stimulus from this thread, if that makes sense.

You certainly don't need to keep your distance, neither should anyone tell you to :)

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I have to say that personally, with everything pointing towards Tuchel taking over, I'm starting to get really excited, and looking forward to the future. This is fecking fantastic.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Hummels
Boateng
Muller
Ribery
Robben

According to Bild, these are the snakes.
'Snakes' lol, what nonsense. The players were not happy with Carlo's work, the board wasn't, and guess what, we fans weren't either. He's a great guy but this was not working. End of story. Everyone can move on.

SirMattBugsby

I have to say that personally, with everything pointing towards Tuchel taking over, I'm starting to get really excited, and looking forward to the future. This is fecking fantastic.
Indeed. For the first time in ages, right manager at the right time.
Would have been even better if Tuchel had the summer transfer window. But yes, this will do. Will be interesting to see if he keeps things simple or is his usual innovative self.

I guess Bayern do not want to wait around for Nagelsmann.
He has plenty of time to become a Bayern coach one day. Also has to give the customary Dortmund 'audition'.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Would have been even better if Tuchel had the summer transfer window. But yes, this will do. Will be interesting to see if he keeps things simple or is his usual innovative self.

He has plenty of time to become a Bayern coach one day. Also has to give the customary Dortmund 'audition'.
Nagelsmann is way too young and unproven. He's still just 30, he will have plenty of opportunities to get the job.

I also guess we will spend in the winter. Let's be realistic, there's no way we are not getting out of that group and fall behind substantially in the league until then.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Früchtl, who, as a goalkeeper won't have ipact immediately, Tillman (HUGE prospect out wide, so, he might get a chance soon) and Götze (CB). All of them are still very, very young though.
Thanks.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I apologize for my part.
I think it's good to have a living thread. I don't see anything particularly dirty.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bayern have lots of egos in a dressing room that needs a bit of revamping. Club admit that player power was significant in driving the previous manager away.
I think it's a huge risk throwing a 30y/o into the mix. Whoever comes in has to be backed to the hilt, if and when he chooses to sideline the likes of Ribery, Robben, Muller and co.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
PSG is known as a team that likes to kidnap the ball. Against PSG, the goal of Carlo was to win the battle midfield by playing without pure wingers.

Wait, was it a German Christmas tree: 4-3-2-1?

left psg 2011/12

You need a translation :D
- Thomas Muller = Kaka
- James = Seedorf
- Ambrosini/Pirlo/Gattuso = TA/Vidal/Tolisso

For your information, he joined PSG in January 2012 his Christmas tree in Paris wasn't so successful and - under pressure - he had to adopt a 4-4-2 in November 2012

PSG 2012/13 (last 6 months)

------ Zlatan
------------- Menez
Pastore----------------- Lavezzi
---------- Motta - Matuidi
back4

Last edited:

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Why Bayern didnt went for Tuchel when he was in sabbatical after leaving Mainz is beyond me. The guy is huge admirer and follower of Guardiola's ideas. He could have been part of the technical staff at the club or even assistant to Pep and to take over directly when Pep left..

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
'Snakes' lol, what nonsense. The players were not happy with Carlo's work, the board wasn't, and guess what, we fans weren't either. He's a great guy but this was not working. End of story. Everyone can move on.
Just reporting what Bild wrote. I guess going Muller was the nail in the coffin for him.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Left: what we saw
Right: what Carlos should have made (super subs james & coman): make the influential players play in a very important game from an internal political perspective

1. if it works, great
  2. if it fails, then Carlo would have been in a position to make everybody understand that tactical changes were really needed and that old players have to be familiar with the bench.

Let me say I think Carlo was courageous or naive to deploy this tactical system.

Kurzawa is the weakest PSG player so a right-winger would have made sense.

Kimmich is great but he isn't Cafu for instance

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Why Bayern didnt went for Tuchel when he was in sabbatical after leaving Mainz is beyond me. The guy is huge admirer and follower of Guardiola's ideas. He could have been part of the technical staff at the club or even assistant to Pep and to take over directly when Pep left..
There were rumours about it, but maybe Tuchel thought manager at Dortmund is a much better job than assistant to Pep. Can't hold that against him, pretty sure I would have made the same decision.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Robben was poor against Kurzawa last month so it might explain why he is on the bench.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Just reporting what Bild wrote. I guess going Muller was the nail in the coffin for him.
What I meant was, I don't actually think what went on, and why he was fired, was personal animosities or backstabbing. I'm pretty sure it was more the players and the board being generally underwhelmed over a long period. And tbh our players have enough experience and character so that their opinion is to be taken seriously. Players like Müller, and even Robben, are not egotistical, but they are thinking about the team. I'm sure they got along fine with Carlo on a personal level. But they would have noticed first hand the causes for what fans saw on the pitch.

I would really like to see a stat about how many goals from open goals Lewandowski scored from open play in Carlo's 4-3-3.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
What I meant was, I don't actually think what went on, and why he was fired, was personal animosities or backstabbing. I'm pretty sure it was more the players and the board being generally underwhelmed over a long period. And tbh our players have enough experience and character so that their opinion is to be taken seriously. Players like Müller, and even Robben, are not egotistical, but they are thinking about the team. I'm sure they got along fine with Carlo on a personal level. But they would have noticed first hand the causes for what fans saw on the pitch.

I would really like to see a stat about how many goals from open goals Lewandowski scored from open play in Carlo's 4-3-3.
But Muller had a big dig at Ancelotti last month. He spoke his anger out.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Thomas Muller is probably like Raul/Hierro in Madrid, Baresi/Maldini in Milan...someone whose thoughts can't be ignored by the top management.

Lahm/Schweini/Kroos are no longer here. More younger than Ribéry/Robben. Probably the most influential player.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
How does the current United (Best XI with Pogba and Martial) stack up against Bayern?

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Bayerns build up is traditionally very wing heavy. That's a legacy of LvG where we exclusively started attacks out wide. With this approach, you need a player helping to link up everything up front or the attack becomes extremely predictable. That's usually Müller's role. When we play 433, nobody does this job, which leaves the 3 players up top isolated. That means the Ball-carrier plays 1v2, lewa is marked by 2 and there is no easy/fast way to transition to the winger on the other side.
When playing 433, the midfield needs to be much more involved in bringing the ball into the final 3rd. Yet Bayerns midfield can't do that job. You need players who are very comfortable with the ball under pressure and are able to run with the ball(e.g. Silva, toure, kdb, gündogan, pogba iniesta, isco, modric, di Maria, coutinho or even guys like dembele or Micki). We don't have a single player who can do this job at the highest level and the team lacks organisation. Vidal is a true b2b player, but not really a save ball carrier. Thiago lacks the speed, robustness or agility. (In this regard the transfers of renato sanches or tolisso make sense, because they might be the kind of players who could do this job). I don't think that it's a coincidence that pep is so extremely interested in players who can do this job (that's why he wanted thiago. "Thiago is brave". Yet the injuries took this away from him).

Currently when we play 433 the attack is isolated and toothless or we end up losing the ball way too often in midfield which allows the opposition easy counters.

When we want to change the approach away from the wings, we need different players and a manager who can teach the players where they have to move.

The other top teams that have/had somewhat similar problems are Chelsea and Barca. That's why Chelsea relied so heavily on hazard, but Conte fixed the issue (to some extend) by switching to a 343. Barca has the same problem since iniesta is declining. They "solved" the problem by having Messi and Neymar. Dunno how they get around it this season (Messi in god-mode?), because I rarely watched them play.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Tuchel is a smart move, after a poor one, but it remains to be seen how a manager can lead a squad of veterans in a club where you lack the autonomy you might have elsewhere. Moreover, Tuchel has fallen out due to divisions with management - I suspect Bayern would be obligated to make more than a few concessions in that regard considering the circumstances

It'll be interesting to see what he can do there should he obtain the control he surely demands

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
First time in forever that I'm actually glad a national team break is coming up. We are in shambles and it was always naive to expect Sagnol to turn this shitstain of a season around within 4 days, but going from 2:0 to 2:2 is unforgivable. Dortmund could run away with it now.
We also need to splash serious cash around as soon as the transfer window opens.

I got the eerie feeling that we won't see Ribery in a Bayern jersey again. That injury looks nasty af.

Last edited:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I was critical at the time. Saying he should keep his mouth shut.
Sometimes, if no one listens to you, you have to scream. Lahm did the same thing a few years ago and he was absolutely right, too.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I was critical at the time. Saying he should keep his mouth shut.
Well whether he should have talked about such stuff in an interview is another matter.

But when in doubt, IMO we should calm down about people expressing their opinion. We're getting too much streamlined messaging and repetitive PR language already.