FC Bayern 17/18 discussion

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Of course he lost the dressing room. But he doesn't need to say it. What he's said hasn't quelled speculation and rumours. It's now about who the 5 are.
I've never heard a club admitting the players wanted the manager gone.
He didn't need to say anything.
Well, that‘s Hoeneß. He loves to talk. He loves to talk big. He loves to read his words printed wherever he can find them. What do you expect from one of the biggest financial criminals in German history who still sees himself as a person with some sort of moral highground?

Kostov

TIL Ancelotti has been thrown out of the training ground and manages our u23 now.
He wasn't thrown out, it's the same training ground. He didn't mind leaving that same training ground to go around the world and watch his girlfriend play tennis and getting paid 150k a week doing that. Bayern sacked a legend of the game in September, he won you the title in May, and sits 3 points of the 1st place. Don't act so self righteous, those clowns that sit in your directors box should have kept their mouth shut.

Varun

Staff
TIL Ancelotti has been thrown out of the training ground and manages our u23 now.
I'm hoping for your sake that this is just sarcasm as a defense mechanism kicking in rather than you missing the point entirely.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Of course he lost the dressing room. But he doesn't need to say it. What he's said hasn't quelled speculation and rumours. It's now about who the 5 are.
I've never heard a club admitting the players wanted the manager gone.
He didn't need to say anything.
You can say that often in regards to him.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Well, that‘s Hoeneß. He loves to talk. He loves to talk big. He loves to read his words printed wherever he can find them. What do you expect from one of the biggest financial criminals in German history who still sees himself as a person with some sort of moral highground?
I certainly don't think he shoud still hold power at this club or would defend what he did, but that's...more than a stretch.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
I'm hoping for your sake that this is just sarcasm as a defense mechanism kicking in rather than you missing the point entirely.
Of course it's sarcasm as a reaction to some idiots bringing this completely unrelated bullshit in here. Those cases aren't even nearly comparable.

If he lost the dressing room and you know that, you won't keep your manager out of "respect" for what he did elsewhere. It would be monumentally stupid.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I certainly don't think he shoud still hold power at this club or would defend what he did, but that's...more than a stretch.
It's certainly not. You will have a hard time trying to find many people who evaded more taxes than him.

Varun

Staff
Of course it's sarcasm as a reaction to some idiots bringing this completely unrelated bullshit in here. Those cases aren't even nearly comparable.

If he lost the dressing room and you know that, you won't keep your manager out of "respect" for what he did elsewhere. It would be monumentally stupid.
You don't decide what's relevant to the thread. If you think something's not relevant, don't chime in to the discussion.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I believe in rehabilitation, though. Plus, well, tax evasion, sure is a crime, that's would our law says. But is it such a severe crime, that you shouldn't forgive him? I think not. He paid his debt. It's okay now.
The guy took bribes from Dreyfus so ADIDAS could get our shirt for cheap. Of course I'm not forgiving him.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That's your interpretation of him lending money to Hoeneß, which honestly is something pretty normal. And the relationsship to Adidas has been enormously benefitial for the club overall.
Yeah, he loaned money to his good friend Hoeneß right before we were getting a new supplier. After ADIDAS signed with us, Dreyfus went on to brag about how Nike offered much more money. Such a funny coincidence.

AR87

The squad just feels incredibly stale to me. I guess you can blame Ancelotti for the stagnation, but players like Robben, Ribery, Muller, etc. have been at the club a long time and really haven't been challenged adequately for their positions (Coman could come good but he hasn't put it all together yet). That's an indictment on the board more than any single manager. Muller complaining about not playing is also quite rich given his form or lack thereof over the last year and counting.

I'm not religiously following Bayern, so maybe that's totally off, but it's how I see it. I think this is also the case for Alaba, who I feel has stagnated or regressed over the last couple of seasons. At 25 he should be in his best years and yet it feels as if we saw his best under Heynckes.

I know the realities of the transfer market have changed, but Lewandowski wasn't far off with his comments regarding Bayern's spending a few weeks ago. There's still a lot of star power because of the name recognition many of their players have, but the level of their performances isn't living up to it currently.

Varun

Staff
A forum where you are meant to ignore anything you don't think is relevant isn't a forum anymore, sorry. Of course you are allowed to point that out.
Ofcourse you can point it out. The tone of your post wasn't just that though, it was very passive aggressive even calling whoever brought that up in the thread idiots. If it riles you up so much, better avoid it. If you want to discuss the point, read up on the thread given its relevance is discussed in the same page.

Basically, whether you agree or disagree with the point, I don't give a shit but don't wade in with passive aggressive sarcasm laden posts calling people idiots for discussing it.

prtk0811

All in all i think bayern made the right decision to sack him. We were all questioning real madrid's decision to get rid of anchelotti and get zidane and boy did it turn out absolutely right. Anchelotti was making some weird decisions at the club. Also i feel bayern needs to buy big now to get that bracket of talents after their old ones retire and are no longer the same level. They cant just buy cheap all the time. Who nows though they'll get sanchez on a free next summer? That would be some deal.

Viral United

Why are you so annoyed with that?
I am sure the bolded part is the same can say about player when your club started respect campaign about him.

prtk0811

I wasn't drawing a parallel in terms of the situations being exactly similar, ofcourse they aren't. I was merely highlighting that clubs will always do what's best for them and the furore coming from Bayern back then over something that had nothing to do with them was ridiculous. You've just sacked one of the most highly regarded and respected managers in the world in September. I doubt Ancelotti is a happy bunny but it doesn't matter to you as that's what you feel the club needs and rightly so. Similarly, Mourinho did what he thought was needed with Schweinsteiger, Bayern should have kept mum instead of harping on about the treatment of a legend/respected player etc.
I think bayern was right to sack him.

Blackwidow

When Hoeneß talked about five players he meant the five players Ancelotti left out Wednesday - Hummels, Boateng, Robben, Ribery and Coman. But yes - the Germans, Lewy, Robben, Franck, Coman for sure did not mind him to be gone.

I am delighted that it happened now and not in some weeks. You just saw the regression as the structures Guardiola implemented washed out more and more with time. In my eyes you had to do damage control. To blame the players - and not Ancelotti who was just the wrong guy for the job - is wrong. The passing, the positioning - everything went downhill. The team that was able to change tactics in seconds was handed out one tactic and when the opponent changed his they did not get a plan B.

Bayern never had the big money in comparison to some of the other bigger clubs in Europe (not compared to the other Bundesliga clubs) - especially not in 2009/10 when this squad started. The success story of that time is a good system combined with very good tactics, very good and intelligent players and some individualists that get help by the team but e.g. help out defensively, too - and very good team spirits.

The team is not worse than 2 years ago even with Lahm and Alonso gone - in that season we did not even have Robben or an in form Ribery. And Robben - if used right - is still going strong.

prtk0811

Bayern never had the big money in comparison to some of the other bigger clubs in Europe (not compared to the other Bundesliga clubs) - especially not in 2009/10 when this squad started. The success story of that time is a good system combined with very good tactics, very good and intelligent players and some individualists that get help by the team but e.g. help out defensively, too - and very good team spirits.

The team is not worse than 2 years ago even with Lahm and Alonso gone - in that season we did not even have Robben or an in form Ribery. And Robben - if used right - is still going strong.
This is the part where i dont agree with. This is not 2009- 2010 anymore. Bayern had a very good squad and team builder as a manager that time with a very strong philosophy in LVG, The foundations he built in bayern was they key reason of bayern returning into ucl as a strong team in this decade, and he cherry picked top talents which would suit his methods back then who were available for cheap and also built great talents from the academy itself which was aspects of his philosophy. The platform he built was one of the reasons bayern went on to do greater things with managers who took those same philosophy and tactics to a greater level. But they key point here is the inflation was not a big factor to consider back then which allowed lvg to cherry pick talents in the club on the cheap, and since the ultra dominance of barca's and bayern and real madrid in recent times began because of that strong philosophies the same cherry's are costly to come by. Agents and wages have took control control over the market due to the fact the amounts other clubs can spend to cherry pick players for the same philosophies which is spreading over biggest clubs.

Bayern will have to mold themselves into the new mordern way of doing buisness or else they are going to get left behind pretty soon. They have even stopped producing talents from their academy's anymore which will not help them.

Also i belive bayern are worse off now than last two years .

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Bayern's chances to win the Champions-League aren't going up under a new coach this season, so what's the point in sacking one of the best managers in the world? Ancelotti got the better of Bayern when he was at Milan, he absolutely smashed them with Real Madrid, you just know that it will happen again. Bayern are just trigger happy and a tad stupid.

I would piss myself if they bring in Nagelsmann as a replacement. Nagelsmann -who gets his ass handed to him time and again against some minnows in Europe. Tuchel can't defend to save his life, the way Klopp took care of him in Europe was nothing but absolutely embarrassing, moreover Hummels would start crying again.

Big mistake (IMO), but very good for United and of course Europe. :drool:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I am not nostalgic and would happily replace any of those players, if we had someone better. We just don't.
I'd also fancy different tactics/lineup's but they have to work. Ancelotti's 433 was/is horrible. Pep used differ tactics and it worked more often than not. That's great.
Any Bayern fan I know complained about this 433. It was so obvious that it's not working, while the old system still did. Yet carlo always went back. The lineup against psg was as close to a "sack me please" message as it gets. He must have fallen out with all the senior players.
I don't know why but I thought you were a fan of FC Sevilla

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Why are you so annoyed with that?
I am sure the bolded part is the same can say about player when your club started respect campaign about him.
United had every reason to tell him he's not needed anymore. Nobody ever doubted that, we knew best how worn off his body was after 2015. Needlessly excluding him from the squad and forcing him to play with the u23 was bullshit though. It's not like he wouldn't have left to somewhere where would get matchtime regardless.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
When Hoeneß talked about five players he meant the five players Ancelotti left out Wednesday - Hummels, Boateng, Robben, Ribery and Coman. But yes - the Germans, Lewy, Robben, Franck, Coman for sure did not mind him to be gone.

I am delighted that it happened now and not in some weeks. You just saw the regression as the structures Guardiola implemented washed out more and more with time. In my eyes you had to do damage control. To blame the players - and not Ancelotti who was just the wrong guy for the job - is wrong. The passing, the positioning - everything went downhill. The team that was able to change tactics in seconds was handed out one tactic and when the opponent changed his they did not get a plan B.

Your fairy tale ignores the fact that the club invested a lot of money to recover from the bad season 2006/07. Also, 10 years ago, prices were much lower, which shows that Bayern was a leading investor on the transfers market

Summer 07: they took Ribéry, Klose, Luca Toni, Altintop, Ze Roberto and promoted a guy whose name is Kroos. Total spending: 92M
Summer 08: they just recruited 2 squad players (Donova, Borowski) for free. Total spending: 0 million
Summer 09: they took Robben (24 millions), Mario Gomez (35 m), Olic, Tymsochuk Total spending: 79.7 million

Viral United

United had every reason to tell him he's not needed anymore. Nobody ever doubted that, we knew best how worn off his body was after 2015. Needlessly excluding him from the squad and forcing him to play with the u23 was bullshit though. It's not like he wouldn't have left to somewhere where would get matchtime regardless.
Jose told him he is not required, why United put player in first team squad which is not required?
He should have gone to other club, but he didn't so Jose put him with U23 team.

Also let me remind you he spend more time in physio room and watching Tenis then playing for us, while your manager win you trophy.

Let me put it in your word.
If Manager didn't required player, you won't keep your player out of "respect" for what he did elsewhere. It would be monumentally stupid.

Find something common?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Your fairy tale ignores the fact that the club invested a lot of money to recover from the bad season 2006/07. Also, 10 years ago, prices were much lower, which shows that Bayern was a leading investor on the transfers market

Summer 07: they took Ribéry, Klose, Luca Toni, Altintop, Ze Roberto and promoted a guy whose name is Kroos. Total spending: 92M
Summer 08: they just recruited 2 squad players (Donova, Borowski) for free. Total spending: 0 million
Summer 09: they took Robben (24 millions), Mario Gomez (35 m), Olic, Tymsochuk Total spending: 79.7 million
Good post.

el3mel

All in all i think bayern made the right decision to sack him. We were all questioning real madrid's decision to get rid of anchelotti and get zidane and boy did it turn out absolutely right. Anchelotti was making some weird decisions at the club. Also i feel bayern needs to buy big now to get that bracket of talents after their old ones retire and are no longer the same level. They cant just buy cheap all the time. Who nows though they'll get sanchez on a free next summer? That would be some deal.
Their fault wasn't sacking Carlo. It was replacing him with fecking Benitez. They solved their mistake quickly, though.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
What about the academy?

No future German star incoming?

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Jose told him he is not required, why United put player in first team squad which is not required?
He should have gone to other club, but he didn't so Jose put him with U23 team.

Also let me remind you he spend more time in physio room and watching Tenis then playing for us, while your manager win you trophy.

Let me put it in your word.

If Manager didn't required player, you won't keep your player out of "respect" for what he did elsewhere. It would be monumentally stupid.

Find something common?
That's a lot of rewriting history here...but yeah, the moneygrabbing cnut just left to Chicago half a year later for peanuts after trying to prove his value, what a dick move.
Don't forget that there's two parties needed to sign a contract.

Viral United

That's a lot of rewriting history here...but yeah, the moneygrabbing cnut just left to Chicago half a year later for peanuts after trying to prove his value, what a dick move.
Don't forget that there's two parties needed to sign a contract.
Yeah same cnut which we let it go for free, tell me how much money you got for him?
And didn't Bayern and your ex manager sign contract?
but yeah you can keep changing your goal post.

Last edited: