FC Bayern 17/18 discussion

Bayern have that aura of ruthless German efficiency: lose a couple of games early on and you're done, regardless of past achievements. I imagine the Bayern chairman to be like a Bond villain, replete with eye patch, saying "failure will not be tolerated, Herr Ancelotti", before throwing him into a tank of sharks.

They don't mess about nor accept second best.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Ribery could be potentially out until 2018 with collateral ligament damage suffered during the recent 2-2 draw.

Bayern will be fine. They will do whatever it takes to put their bad start to rights, as they've already shown. They'll go out and buy another Dortmund players to destroy their challenge ;)

SirMattBugsby

How about.. Rafa Benitez? :)

No seriously, he'll improve the defensive side for sure. 4-2-3-1 is his staple formation. Tactically sound, available (surely he doesn't love stingy Newcastle that much!) and doesn't have the personality issues of Tuchel and Nagelsmann. He fulfills the present requirements of Bayern imo.

Bojan11

No seriously, he'll improve the defensive side for sure. 4-2-3-1 is his staple formation. Tactically sound, available (surely he doesn't love stingy Newcastle that much!) and doesn't have the personality issues of Tuchel and Nagelsmann. He fulfills the present requirements of Bayern imo.
Doesn't have personality issues?

Are you feeling ok? Didn't he fall out with Real Madrid and Inter players? I suggest he does have issues. He also has repeated falling outs with boards.

It would be pointless getting rid of Ancelotti to hire someone like Benitez.

Blackwidow

An expert on passing and positional game like Pep or van Gaal?

Does he speak German?

Both Nagelsmann and Tuchel match when it is about their work on the pitch. There is questions about Tuchel, but lesser when it means the team but more when it is about the relationship to Kalle and Uli and the press. Nagelsmann will be able to handle both, but is in a contract and lacks the experience in international matches.

SirMattBugsby

Doesn't have personality issues?

Are you feeling ok? Didn't he fall out with Real Madrid and Inter players? I suggest he does have issues. He also has repeated falling outs with boards.

It would be pointless getting rid of Ancelotti to hire someone like Benitez.
The issue with Real Madrid players is quite different, I would even say the opposite of that with Bayern players. Ronaldo and co. didn't like the discipline and organization of Benitez. They wanted more freedom, which is why they loved Ancelotti.

On the other hand, Bayern players themselves complained about lack of intensity, tactics, etc. That won't be a problem with Benitez. He'll instantly improve Bayern defensively, tactically and in terms of workrate.

An expert on passing and positional game like Pep or van Gaal?

Does he speak German?

Both Nagelsmann and Tuchel match when it is about their work on the pitch. There is questions about Tuchel, but lesser when it means the team but more when it is about the relationship to Kalle and Uli and the press. Nagelsmann will be able to handle both, but is in a contract and lacks the experience in international matches.
Do Bayern really want another expert on passing and positional game? German-speaking is definitely a preference but I personally think this team needs to sort out its defensive weaknesses out of possession.

Tuchel is the closest Bayern can come to Pep so he's the guy if they want to continue in that direction. But as you said, he likes his fair share of autonomy and say in team development, which will rub Hoeness the wrong way. He also outdid Liverpool in defensive profligacy which is an achievement in itself.

As for Nagelsmann, I remember him being discussed earlier and I belong to the camp that he's not yet ready for Bayern. He certainly ticks all the boxes and coaching Bayern almost seems like his destiny but wrong timing might spoil all that. Breitenreiter, Weinzierl and Moyes are good examples of what might go wrong.

Both these guys enter a dressing room that got rid of someone as experienced and amiable as Ancelotti. What if they decide that Nagelsmann doesn't know sh*t about handling UCL games (which could be true, btw, seeing his Europa League campaign)? Unless he gets a relatively young squad, I can see Nagelsmann having a difficult time with Bayern's player politics.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I've read there was an internal struggle:

- Ruemmenige wants tuchel now
- hoeness wants to keep sagnol and take nugelsmann next summer

True story?

SirMattBugsby

True story?
Sounds logical, which doesn't necessarily mean it's not made up. If it is true, the two options need to be presented to the "five beloved" ;)

PedroMendez

Acolyte

True story?
Both disagreed in the past. E.g. about Klinsmann (or when to sack LvG). So it wouldn't surprise me if this is true, but it's not a concern.
Regardless of what I personally prefer: it's probably not a good idea to get tuchel if Hoeneß doesn't want him. That's never going to end well.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Sounds logical, which doesn't necessarily mean it's not made up. If it is true, the two options need to be presented to the "five beloved" ;)
Both disagreed in the past. E.g. about Klinsmann (or when to sack LvG). So it wouldn't surprise me if this is true, but it's not a concern.
Regardless of what I personally prefer: it's probably not a good idea to get tuchel if Hoeneß doesn't want him. That's never going to end well.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I'm all for it. feck Hoeness. If it doesn't end well, at least there's a chance it damages Hoeness too, or at least brings those power struggles out in the open.

Firing Carlo was the solution, or let's rather say proper reaction, to our most urgent issues, but what seems to have been going on behind the scenes since Hoeness returned from prison worries me a lot, even though I have no accurate information about it.
I just see that Sammer and Reschke have gone and I don't have the slightest idea how Brazzo is supposed to handle all this shit.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Hoeness recent flood of public comments post Carlo, enumerating and naming players who were supposedly against him etc, was another despicable highlight of his recent elephant in the porcelain shop tour de force. Honestly, he needs to go.

owlo

Hoeness recent flood of public comments post Carlo, enumerating and naming players who were supposedly against him etc, was another despicable highlight of his recent elephant in the porcelain shop tour de force. Honestly, he needs to go.
Truer words never spoken. He offers nothing and has a massive gob on him.

Bwuk

Seen images on Twitter of Pep apparently meeting Hoeness.

Any chances Pep goes back?

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München

Surely not. The two are friendly, guess it is a personal meeting. Maybe in a few years.

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

No way. Pep didn't like to work with Bayerns board either. Bayern is probably asking him what he thinks about Tuchel (to Bayern), because Pep knows Tuchel well.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
No way. Pep didn't like to work with Bayerns board either. Bayern is probably asking him what he thinks about Tuchel (to Bayern), because Pep knows Tuchel well.
And Luis Enrique has also been rumored could be asking about him as well.

Blackwidow

I do not know where this comes from. Might be that Pep's relationship to Rummenigge was like that of Sammer's to Rummenigge - friendly on a professional basis - but Hoeneß and Pep are friends. Pep has even invited Hoeneß to visit him in Manchester. So this meeting is just two friends meeting - but it could be that Hoeneß asks Pep for his opinion.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Just a cup of coffee with an ex. manager who you fecking beg to come back

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Luis Enrique sounds as a logical choice. Whats the common thing between Jupp Heynckes, Pep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti and Lucho?! All of them are Champions League winners with one of the spanish giants - Real or Barcelona. Add to that LVG, who is CL winner with Ajax but spent 3 years at Barcelona also.. Thats the Rummennige spanish direction that Bayern follows since 2009.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Luis Enrique sounds as a logical choice. Whats the common thing between Jupp Heynckes, Pep Guardiola, Carlo Ancelotti and Lucho?! All of them are Champions League winners with one of the spanish giants - Real or Barcelona. Add to that LVG, who is CL winner with Ajax but spent 3 years at Barcelona also.. Thats the Rummennige spanish direction that Bayern follows since 2009.
That makes absolutely no sense. You think Heynckes became our coach again because he fit some "Spanish" direction alongside Ancelotti and Pep, who have little in common tactically? Not because he's been closely associated with our club and Hoeneß for decades?

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln
I do not know where this comes from.
Has been kinda obvious to me personally in Guardiolas press conferences back then, when he was asked about transfers and other stuff. Also this is the reason imo, why he has joined Man City. He can do whatever he wants with a lot of money and no one interfering in his decisions.

Blackwidow

Uli Hoeneß on his meeting with Guardiola in Munich: "I told him about who we are going to appoint in the next days. He was satisfied"

Has been kinda obvious to me personally in Guardiolas press conferences back then, when he was asked about transfers and other stuff. Also this is the reason imo, why he has joined Man City. He can do whatever he wants with a lot of money and no one interfering in his decisions.
Pep and his relationship to the press...

Pep stopped Munich because he had a new project coming and he always before said that the fourth year at Barcelona was the wrong because the players were tired of him. He was part of the signing decisions for Bayern and understood the financial concerns of everything and why they acted the way they did - yes, he would have liked to spend billions and have everything, but who would not.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
If the "he was satisfied" is true that pretty much confirms Tuchel, doesn't it. Tuchel was always Pep's favorite to replace him at Bayern.

Blackwidow

The guy just can't keep his mouth shut can he
He was at the Bayern basketball match and he gave the press something to chew on...

Actually the right quote (was corrected is) - that he told him what they will be presenting in the next days. That again points away from Tuchel and to some different solution.

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

Is Tuchel the guy that got outclassed by Jardim who in turn got outclassed by Allegri last season?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Is Tuchel the guy that got outclassed by Jardim who in turn got outclassed by Allegri last season?
Considering circumstances of their first game against Monaco I wouldn't really use these words.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Yeah, he the guy outclassed by Jardim who was outclassed by Allegri who was outclassed by Zidane likely to be outclassed this season in La Liga by Ernesto Valverde who will be outclassed by Unai Emery in the Champions League.

Is Unai Emery free?

The turn of PSG to welcome PepGuardiola!

el3mel

Yeah, he the guy outclassed by Jardim who was outclassed by Allegri who was outclassed by Zidane likely to be outclassed this season in La Liga by Ernesto Valverde who will be outclassed by Unai Emery in the Champions League.

Is Unai Emery free?

The turn of PSG to welcome PepGuardiola!
Just want to correct something, Zidane got already outclassed by Real Betis manager not long time ago.

Real Betis manager is the best in the world #confirmed.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
In turn, Unai Emery was perennially outclassed by Pep Guardiola who was outclasse by .. Carlo Ancelotti.. :eek:

ffs we fired the wrong guy