FC Bayern München - 22/23 - No levers, no Lewy

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I am not saying that it is wrong policy. I mean; it does work. Trophies are coming.
But why managers throw their dignity away to be a part of that, is another story.
Their dignity isn't in line and has never been. The same way the dignity of nearly any professional sport head coach isn't in line when they get sacked.

It's actually a very strange idea that some football fans have, an idea that doesn't align with the reality of professional sport.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Germans don’t feck around do they. They’ve replaced their manager about an hour after it leaked that he was even under pressure!

Sviken

What's that got to do about anything? They've been miles ahead of us. Always one of the best teams in Europe and one of the favorites for the CL. They are incredibly well run.
If United were put in the Bundesliga instead of Bayern, we'd be very well run and successful too. You don't seem to get that Bayern success comes from being in a league in which they have total control of. A well run club is a club like Brighton.

Taroliev

The countdown to the inevitable derailment of the Thomas Tuchel project in 2-3 years begins. I call it the TT-slap.

HarryP

That's because their position in the league is unique. They can literally buy any player from the Bundesliga for peanuts from other clubs. And for the most part, Bundesliga clubs are happy to oblige them. We don't have that luxury. We can't buy Harry Kane for 20 million quid. Even with 1 year left on his contract Tottenham will fleece us. The vast majority of players in our league go for 100 million right now. Bayern buys most of its player from the Bundesliga for less than 30.

When you have that financial leverage, it's pretty easy to be successful.
We can buy from the Bundesliga if we want too but we don't. Nobody forces us to buy from the PL.

Bayern are incredibly well run. They sign the right players with the right profiles and make the right decisions on management.

Their 'unique' position in the Bundesliga doesn't guarantee them CL success.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That's because their position in the league is unique. They can literally buy any player from the Bundesliga for peanuts from other clubs. And for the most part, Bundesliga clubs are happy to oblige them. We don't have that luxury. We can't buy Harry Kane for 20 million quid. Even with 1 year left on his contract Tottenham will fleece us. The vast majority of players in our league go for 100 million right now. Bayern buys most of its player from the Bundesliga for less than 30.

How do you come up with stuff like this? You just imagine something in your head and then you post it as facts?

JPRouve

Scout
How do you come up with stuff like this? You just imagine something in your head and then you post it as facts?
Please don't tell him that Bayern mainly purchase players from outside the Buli and recently for ridiculous fees.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
If United were put in the Bundesliga instead of Bayern, we'd be very well run and successful too. You don't seem to get that Bayern success comes from being in a league in which they have total control of. A well run club is a club like Brighton.
Not if you were run by Woodward and the other frauds.

HarryP

You don't seem to get that you're taking complete claptrap tbh. I would expand more but I feel like I'd lose brain cells if I engage any further with such a rubbish argument. Good luck.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
In Madrid, manager is a manager. He can choose a way how to play, who to play, have at least some say about transfers. In Madrid you have only Perez above manager. And he is ruthless fecker but he will not be involved in your job. Just have results or you are out. And yeah, Perez will buy you some galactico maybe :D without asking you.
In Bayern, Brazzo and Kahn (and other elders) basically tell manager how to play, who to play and who to buy and sell.
In Madrid you also have to win a certain way not just win e.g Juande Ramos and Capello

Also come from a beffiting background not the type of lower class background of DelBosque

Castia

He actually did not. BVB is performing like ever - and Bayern has never had a worse point tally since 2012 or earlier. If it goes on like it does since winter break we will even end some points behind BVB. Whenever we played some good games he starts again with his "own" ideas that do not match to the team - only to then change that again. His points in the second half of last season were similar to now after the winter break.

They’re a point off the top and favourites for the CL after smashing PSG that’s not a sackable offence is it, surely he’s not been sacked on performance

PaulScholes99

Always felt this bloke was the German Pochettino. Decent but not cut out for the top level.
True. Also already 35 years old, so his methods are out of time. He will probably have one more stint at a small club in Germany and then he is definitely done.

E: To be fair - being below Dortmund after 25 games, a team that got totally dominated by Chelsea, is embarassing with this squad

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich

Who are the top players Bayern bought for less than 30m

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Thats really pretty ruthless and although i didnt love Nagelsmann, i feel he doesnt deserve this.

We were brilliant in the CL so far and only play bad in the Bundesliga where some players arent 100% focused, who can blame them after 10 consecutive titles?

If Tuchel really comes were in good hands at least.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Nagelmann must have lost the dressing room with he frequent formation and tactical changes.
The results in the league were underwhelming but they lost only 3 matches. The many unnecessary draws, albeit often unlucky, against weaker are the problem.
In cup competitions Bayern were spotless. 8 wins out of 8 in CL. Same accounts for the DFB Pokal

JPRouve

Scout
They’re a point off the top and favourites for the CL after smashing PSG that’s not a sackable offence is it, surely he’s not been sacked on performance
With Bayern there is likely some behind the scene drama that has occurred in the recent or not so recent past. We are talking about FC Hollywood.

Leg-End

Not many managers get sacked with a 70%+ win rate, impressive.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm sure the United of the last 10 years would even struggle in the Bundesliga. Didn't you get eliminated by Leipzig and even Wolfsburg?

mu4c_20le

To be fair, you don't usually see top players moving to their rivals for free in the PL.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

"You can see clear progress over the 1.5 years. Julian is doing very well. The discussion about the coach came from outside, we didn't start it."

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It doesn't look good for Brazzo: he reportedly caused Flick to leave, he then apparently paid a stupendous fee for a coach, who couldn't make it through his second season and now he's apparently hiring a coach, who seems to be hard coded to blow up in his second or third year.
Yea, you have two top German managers and he hasn't been able to work with them. Don't see anyway it will work with Tuchel.

Nagelsmann hasn't really gotten in with some of the bigger signings at the club as well, which would explain the rift more. Was reading that there were problems with Mane because of his lack of form and difficultly in positioning him on the pitch, Cancelo is already a bench player despite him looking like a coup for Brazzo. Gravenberch doesnt seem happy with his role this year. De Ligt has settled in well though it seems.

All this coupled with that the big fight with Neuer.

Sweet Square

You would think after winning their 10th league title in a row, Bayern would keep him just to make the league interesting.

Dazzmondo

I don't think Nagelsmann done that well at Bayern. Even last year they were very fortunate Dortmund were so poor imo. Considering the fact Tuchel is available, I think it makes sense to go for him. He's definitely the better manager of the two. In general I think the Bundesliga is probably a weaker league than most give it credit for. Definitely behind Serie A imo.

Sviken

Not if you were run by Woodward and the other frauds.
Even Woodward wouldn't be as incompetent as to mess a total monopoly.

You don't seem to get that you're taking complete claptrap tbh. I would expand more but I feel like I'd lose brain cells if I engage any further with such a rubbish argument. Good luck.
Goretzka, Kimmich, Davis, Upamercano, Gnabry. Neuer if we want to get further back. All brought for peanuts or free contracts. Tell me a PL team who has that luxury.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Nagelsmann will get a massive payout and probably go to Real Madrid at the end of the season. Ancelotti going to Brazil NT.

This decision makes no sense at all unless there's some issue not related to football that's lead to it.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
They also have double the champions league compared to us whilst playing in that farmers league. Some people forget that.
Only because United lost so much energies fighting EPL titles in the best and hardest league of the world. :angel:

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Indeed, you can see who knows what he's talking about and whos an idiot.
The other guy citing Bayern purchasing a player from the MLS who played as a winger then was moved to fullback as if this was somehow an obvious coup at the time is hilarious

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich
Goretzka, Kimmich, Davis, Upamercano, Gnabry.
They all were young players and weren't rated here at all. United rejected Davies before. Many predicted the downfall of Bayern when we signed Gnabry, an Arsenal reject, to replace Robben. Kimmich played in the second division when we signed him. Goretzka came from Schalke and wasn't playing for national team. Same with Coman, Stanicic, or Pavard.

Our scouting and player development is just way more superior than yours.

kaku06

Only because United lost so much energies fighting EPL titles in the best and hardest league of the world. :angel:
Don’t mind some of the comments from some of the posters. You would think out of all the big clubs in Europe people here would respect Bayern given the way they are run, similarities to united to some extent, the proud history etc. But apparently not. I always back Bayern in Europe out of admiration if united can’t win the damn thing.