Fellaini | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiva87

Let's wait till an official announcement.

Whatever happened - I'd wish him well for the future. It's not his fault that the team wasn't playing well around him, or being used to his strengths.

The hate towards him on this thread has nothing to do with him - but just how everything else around the club was a joke.

RedStarUnited

Bayern Munich are getting 5m for a very poor player.......at least Fellaini is a good player and we are getting only 7m :houllier:
Does that tweet mean 15/a year or 15m for 2 years? Cos if its 15m a year then I see why every Brazilian wants to go there.

Fellaini is a relic of the farcical David Moyes era. That over shadows any contribution he can ever make. That's not his fault, he always gives everything. It's just the way it goes. Fecking Moyes.

U99ted

Let's wait till an official announcement.

Whatever happened - I'd wish him well for the future. It's not his fault that the team wasn't playing well around him, or being used to his strengths.

The hate towards him on this thread has nothing to do with him - but just how everything else around the club was a joke.
Well said. Fellaini always gave his all, but he just isn’t suited for a club of our ambition. Good luck to him.

RMD83

Have I missed something? Is fellaini rumoured to be leaving in the next couple of days? If so, where?

reddaz71

Get the idea that he would have been useful tonight but we really need to move on from this mindset, he's no business here and neither as hoofball.

el3mel

Having the likes of Periera and Fred playing is why I said we should have waited till summer. Oh well. We need to pray to God that Matic, Herrera and Pogba don't get any kind of injuries or we'll be fecked in midfield.

staniswin

We shouldn't let him go till we get adequate replacement cause i can't trust Fred or Pereira. Some people here keep talking like he is only useful for hoofball , He is the better ball winner than them and would won 50 : 50 ball more often than not.

Last edited:

stevoc

@Class of 63

Turns out i was right and wrong.

You never know maybe the injury is a cover by the club to explain his absence from the team for the rest of the window while they close a deal with another club. :p

I doubt he'll leave before the summer in truth.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Could have done with him tonight. He took care of them at their gaff last time around.

LARulz

This game was the exact reason I don't want him gone. He is incredibly useful to have in physical and tough games like this, even against more technical teams they shit themselves when he is in the box.

If we insist on being idiots and crossing high into the box against teams who are camped in and tall then we have to have somebody like him. Otherwise we are just kicking the ball against a wall expecting it to fall down

Devil may care

He would have made no difference tonight, the only reason Burnley even got a foothold in the game was the stupid feck up between Jones and Pereira, they offered nothing until they had something to hang onto which we gifted them, then they caught us on the counter, something Fellaini wouldn't have stopped as he'd not have been back there when we were chasing a goal. What cost us tonight was starting Mata on the RW instead of Lingard and Lukaku and Pereira over Sanchez and Herrera, nothing to do with Fellaini, dragging him out as some bastian of hope every time we drop a point is tiresome, it was under Mourinho and even moreso now under Ole.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Forget whether or not he would have been good this game. That[s speculation. Forget if he should leave or not but the fact that you guys are treating him like some turd when he has been a major player in our cup wins and turning up in important games is disgraceful. I understand if someone says he simply isn't good enough and should be sold but why disrespect a player who has actually helped us win things?

Di Maria gets more respect than Fellaini on here. A shame really.

shamans

He would have made no difference tonight, the only reason Burnley even got a foothold in the game was the stupid feck up between Jones and Pereira, they offered nothing until they had something to hang onto which we gifted them, then they caught us on the counter, something Fellaini wouldn't have stopped as he'd not have been back there when we were chasing a goal. What cost us tonight was starting Mata on the RW instead of Lingard and Lukaku and Pereira over Sanchez and Herrera, nothing to do with Fellaini, dragging him out as some bastian of hope every time we drop a point is tiresome, it was under Mourinho and even moreso now under Ole.
You really thing Fellaini wouldn't have been a better option than Perreira?

Devil may care

You really thing Fellaini wouldn't have been a better option than Perreira?
No, I don't think he'd have added what we were missing in that role which is the pressing and quick tempo forward passing of Ander. The result against Burnley is mainly down to the feck up on the first goal, we started with the wrong 11 but Ole would have made the changes he made around the 65 minute mark regardless and we'd have went on and won the game, Burnely didn't hurt us at all, they didn't bully us or dominate us, they were garbage until we gift wrapped them a goal.

shamans

No, I don't think he'd have added what we were missing in that role which is the pressing and quick tempo forward passing of Ander. The result against Burnley is mainly down to the feck up on the first goal, we started with the wrong 11 but Ole would have made the changes he made around the 65 minute mark regardless and we'd have went on and won the game, Burnely didn't hurt us at all, they didn't bully us or dominate us, they were garbage until we gift wrapped them a goal.
Well I disagree. Fellaini can be a hit and miss player but I don't think he would have committed the Perreira feck up. In terms of pressing he is bad but the idea he's bad at quick tempo forward passing is a myth. He plays really well with the ball bouncing off him even with Belgium. I think he'd have added more stability to the team instead of Perreira. Of course Herrera would have been better than either but still.

Devil may care

Well I disagree. Fellaini can be a hit and miss player but I don't think he would have committed the Perreira feck up. In terms of pressing he is bad but the idea he's bad at quick tempo forward passing is a myth. He plays really well with the ball bouncing off him even with Belgium. I think he'd have added more stability to the team instead of Perreira. Of course Herrera would have been better than either but still.
He could have made the same feck up Pereira made if he got that hospital pass from Jones who was dire tonight, but it was one error that can happen, that's not enough to say he would have been any better overall in the game, he's not good on the ball when it comes to threading it and palying with tempo, there's a lot of safe sideways stuff from him whether he's playing for us or Belgium. Look, I know we are not going to agree on this, you clearly like and rate the player, I never wanted him here and he's probably my least favourite player to ever pull on a United shirt, he's everything I don't want to see on a football pitch, I just hope this China deal goes through, so we can just respectfully agree to disagree on a whole mate.

shamans

He could have made the same feck up Pereira made if he got that hospital pass from Jones who was dire tonight, but it was one error that can happen, that's not enough to say he would have been any better overall in the game, he's not good on the ball when it comes to threading it and palying with tempo, there's a lot of safe sideways stuff from him whether he's playing for us or Belgium. Look, I know we are not going to agree on this, you clearly like and rate the player, I never wanted him here and he's probably my least favourite player to ever pull on a United shirt, he's everything I don't want to see on a football pitch, I just hope this China deal goes through, so we can just respectfully agree to disagree on a whole mate.
I do rate him as a player but I'm not blind enough to say he should be starting in front of Pogba, Herrera, Matic (or even Fred if he can start being useful). Just don't understand how someone can say Perreria is a better option than him but nothing I can do if you disagree.

Devil may care

I do rate him as a player but I'm not blind enough to say he should be starting in front of Pogba, Herrera, Matic (or even Fred if he can start being useful). Just don't understand how someone can say Perreria is a better option than him but nothing I can do if you disagree.
I didn't say Pereira was a better option, in fairness to the kid he's not played for us enough to really know his level, what I said was is that I don't think Fellaini in for Pereira changes anything about tonight's result, bad luck happens, it just happened to Andreas tonight, could have happened to Fellaini in the same situation, it could have even happened to Ander, had we been physically dominated by them in midfield or had we lost the goals due to aerial weakness on a set piece then I could see the case for Fellaini, but we didn't, we were comfortably in control of the game and the only reason they got into it was a bit of misfortune, and they got the second on the counter as we were camped in their half trying to equalize.

el3mel

He actually made a difference against them on their pitch earlier this season. He would have never been bullied that easily in such position.

I'm for selling him but in summer. Now we're risking seeing the likes of Fred and Periera in case of injuries and rotations. Fellaini isn't great but far more reliable than both at least.

Last edited:

Devil may care

He actually made a difference against them on their pitch earlier this season. He would have never been bullied that easily in such position.

I'm for selling him but in summer. Now we're risking seeing the likes of Fred and Periera in case of injuries and rotations. Fellaini isn't great but far more reliable than both at least. we
Against them at their ground he sat in front of the back 4 as protection for the CB's, we didn't set up the same way at all tonight so that isn't a valid reference point, Pereira controlled the ball badly and almost tripped over it, he wasn't bullied, Fellaini could have easily stepped on the same pass from Jones. As for whether keeping him for the rest of the season is better than giving Fred and Andreas games, I'd rather not as I loathe how we play with him in the team and we know he has no future with us, I'd rather give the other two a chance to see if they might.

el3mel

Against them at their ground he sat in front of the back 4 as protection for the CB's, we didn't set up the same way at all tonight so that isn't a valid reference point, Pereira controlled the ball badly and almost tripped over it, he wasn't bullied, Fellaini could have easily stepped on the same pass from Jones. As for whether keeping him for the rest of the season is better than giving Fred and Andreas games, I'd rather not as I loathe how we play with him in the team and we know he has no future with us, I'd rather give the other two a chance to see if they might.
He played alongside Matic in front of the defense on their pitch. If he was in the same position as Periera he wouldn't have lost the ball easily under pressure and he might have even defended the second goal. The 2 goals we conceded were really bad. They weren't scored because Burnley was great.

Even offensively we went for crossing today in which he could have helped in it more than Periera did with his useless passing. Periera was just a passenger. Fellaini wouldn't have had to do much to do better than him today on both sides of pitch.

Opinions but I maintain selling him at this time is a big mistake and we have to pray to God no injuries happen to our midfield trio or we'll be fecked in midfield.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
@Class of 63

Turns out i was right and wrong.
Been thinking about you(which is disturbing for both of us :lol: ) since yesterday afternoon when the news first broke #407

I wouldn't be counting my chickens just yet mate, if I was a betting man, and luckily for bookies world-wide i'm not i'd say there is more chance of United re-signing Wayne Rooney, and playing him at left-back against PSG than Fellaini going to China this window.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
If what I read is true, we might as well have kept him. 7m? Really? I know he's not our first option, but he is a good option to have off the bench when chasing a game, and he's somewhat of a big name. Surely we could have gotten more than 7m for him...a lot more

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
Hospital pass my backside, careless, needless, sloppy maybe, but Pereira was never at risk of injury.

Loublaze

ATLien
If what I read is true, we might as well have kept him. 7m? Really? I know he's not our first option, but he is a good option to have off the bench when chasing a game, and he's somewhat of a big name. Surely we could have gotten more than 7m for him...a lot more
Just because United were stupid enough to pay way over the odds for Fellaini doesn't mean anyone else will. He's 31 and he's a nothing player. 7 million is great business

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Just because United were stupid enough to pay way over the odds for Fellaini doesn't mean anyone else will. He's 31 and he's a nothing player. 7 million is great business
Great business? We are talking about a league that pays huge sums to average players all the time, and Fellaini is a big name. We could have gotten more for him in Europe, never mind China...

In Rainbows

Great business? We are talking about a league that pays huge sums to average players all the time, and Fellaini is a big name. We could have gotten more for him in Europe, never mind China...
His wages probably forced us to sell him for that much. Getting rid of his wages is important too. It's not like the transfer fee is the only benefit.

And for those that still want him in the squad, you guys need to get over that mindset. Every other side copes just fine without having a big guy like him in midfield. Would rather give his minutes to Fred or Gomes. Ole has stressed he wants the side to play faster and Fellaini doesn't aid in that.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Its only 9 letters, its not that big at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.