Fellaini | Mou: "It's easier for Galatasaray to get me than Marouane. He is too important to me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Galatasaray are confident of securing Fellaini, with the Turkish club’s president, Dursun Ozbek, or another board member due in Manchester on Monday or Tuesday to finalise a transfer.

An agreement has been reached in principle with Fellaini over a four-year contract worth in the region of €4m (£3.6m), which would make him their highest-paid player. The 29-year-old joined United from Everton for £27.5m in 2013.

Galatasaray, who recently parted ways with Wesley Sneijder, are also in talks with the Manchester City midfielder Fernando but Fellaini is their priority.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...a-matic-chelsea-galatasaray-marouane-fellaini

seegoblu

This is one of those things that gathers legs of its own and ends up being repeated and accepted. Pop on youtube and have a look at the all touches videos of his games and you will find the majority of his contributions are 1 and 2 touch passes which are primarily on the deck.
I concede that he has rudimentary football skills, but that is hardly uncommon for a professional. It's his occasional redirection of a long, high pass to his or teammate's feet when the match is in doubt is where he brings some value.

Will Singh

I'm amazed how much hate Fellaini has received since joining. To be fair he ain't been our worst player but some just use him as a scapegoat and don't admit it's his appearance and style that doesn't sit well with them!

If a player plays to the best of there ability and give 100% you can't ask for more, but some think as his got the UTD shirt on he must turn in to Usain Bolt with the silky skills of Messi.

Rant over for now!

NinjaFletch

If people are questioning how sure they are about wanting him to leave just remember how angry you were after the City or Everton games this season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm amazed how much hate Fellaini has received since joining. To be fair he ain't been our worst player but some just use him as a scapegoat and don't admit it's his appearance and style that doesn't sit well with them!

If a player plays to the best of there ability and give 100% you can't ask for more, but some think as his got the UTD shirt on he must turn in to Usain Bolt with the silky skills of Messi.

Rant over for now!
It's not just that. I'll grant him that he's been useful to us over the last 6 months and had his moment for LVG but that doesn't meant he's right for us going forward. Thank you very much for your contributions towards the FA, League Cup and Europa League but let's get a midfielder who can contribute towards the League and Champions League to replace him.

starman

If people are questioning how sure they are about wanting him to leave just remember how angry you were after the City or Everton games this season.
I remember how happy i was after the EL final when he was one of the best players on the pitch

When a manager has a 29 year old utility player whose game is mostly workrate then he will have to make a decision whether to keep him or let him go, especially if he's got 1 year left in his contract. SAF did the same with Nicky Butt and Phil Neville who left United in very similar circumstances.
Butt and Neville left for first team football. The one thing about Felleini you can't question is his work rate. The way you speak of him makes him sound ancient. If he wants to leave for first team football, fine, but getting rid of him becuase a certain bunch of fans can't let go of their hate is just silly. You just need to revisit some of his performances in Europe last season to see how effective he can be.

Mr.Plow

He's grown on me recently but Matic is a huge upgrade on him. We need to improve the squad and replacing him is one of the more obvious steps to achieving it.

Will Singh

It's not just that. I'll grant him that he's been useful to us over the last 6 months and had his moment for LVG but that doesn't meant he's right for us going forward. Thank you very much for your contributions towards the FA, League Cup and Europa League but let's get a midfielder who can contribute towards the League and Champions League to replace him.
Totally agree, but like I said we knew what we are getting when we bought him. Time to level up and he won't take us there so thank you for your service, Next!

Siorac

The last time I looked, he doesn't pick himself. Surely people should be targeting that at the manager who picks him?
Obviously, yeah, but how is this relevant here when we're discussing why people are happy about rumours linking him with other clubs?

Nori-

Just seen pictures of Fellaini boarding a plane with the team heading for their next Friendly. I guess that means the rumours that he has signed 5 year deal with Galatasaray are false :(

AndyJ1985

Just seen pictures of Fellaini boarding a plane with the team heading for their next Friendly. I guess that means the rumours that he has signed 5 year deal with Galatasaray are false :(
It doesn't. It just means we haven't agreed any deal with Galatasaray.

Kapardin

We have Pereira too.
I suppose. Would love Pereira to make it, and I think he's class, but I still feel nervous heading into the season with just one DM in and one MF out.

I would buy another MF to replace or be a back-up to Herrera, with Pereira being Pogba's understudy.

Dante

Average bang
If this transfer does happen, I'd like to see Mourinho play a midfield 3 of Pogba, Matic and Fellaini before it's completed. Just once. Maybe against Arsenal or something.

MadMike

With Matic incoming I would not be the least upset if Fellaini leaves for 10m. Pereira is a better CM and Matic is a much better DM.

No point keeping Fellaini for another year to lose him next year on a free. If there's a decent offer now better for both player and club to move on.

stevoc

The rumours all said he had agreed to a 4-5 year deal not that he had signed one. Had he signed a deal with another club United or the other club would have announced it already.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If this transfer does happen, I'd like to see Mourinho play a midfield 3 of Pogba, Matic and Fellaini before it's completed. Just once. Maybe against Arsenal or something.
Herrera is more of a nasty cnut than Pogba.
The moans from Wenger would be legendary.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
To be honest, disrupting the opponent's game plan by bombarding lofted balls to Fellani in the box helped sometimes. He causes havoc in the opposition box, we might miss it this season, although I hope we won't put ourselves in such situations altogether.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Was instrumental in winning the FA cup and man of the match in a Europa league final that got us CL.

I hope he sticks around as a sub or utility player.

ThanksBoss26

Be interesting to see what Mourinho says about it tonight.

Remember him saying last summer he likes to work with smaller squads so with Matic, Herrera, Pogba, Carrick and Pereira, before we include the number 10's who may occupy one of the three places in some games, he may feel he can let him go.

AndyJ1985

With Pereira in the first team and with the signing of Matic we can happily shovel Fellaini out the door. It'll be good to see the back of him and with it the end of Moyes' lingering stench.

MadMike

To be honest, disrupting the opponent's game plan by bombarding lofted balls to Fellani in the box helped sometimes. He causes havoc in the opposition box, we might miss it this season, although I hope we won't put ourselves in such situations altogether.
Playing hoofball to Fellaini was deeply unpopular last season and a major source of criticism for Mourinho in these boards. Occasionally yielded results but more often than not having him on the pitch, as opposed to a player that can play with ball at feet, meant that we lost control of the midfield.

I'll be glad if those days are behind us.

Mark Pawelek

We must have 8 'home grown' (or youth) players in a squad of 25. Those are the rules. Fellaini's exit and Matic's arrival leaves 16 'foreign' players (i.e. not home grown nor youth) in the squad. Assume Varela leaves on loan. That makes 15. If Perisic arrives and Zlatan comes back late in the year we have 17 'foreign' born players again. The maximum. That still leaves room for another midfielder provided he's 'home grown' like Barkley.

PS: Anthony Martial is no longer an under-21. His birthday is 5th December 1995.

The point being : someone had to go to make room.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Playing hoofball to Fellaini was deeply unpopular last season and a major source of criticism for Mourinho in these boards. Occasionally yielded results but more often than not having him on the pitch, as opposed to a player that can play with ball at feet, meant that we lost control of the midfield.

I'll be glad if those days are behind us.
Ofcourse, but its good to have varying tactics up under the sleeve just to surprise opponents. Last season he was a goto plan B. Wont be this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.