Fellaini (on his way) out? | Duncan Castles: Fellaini agrees new two year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemansky

Not ever for me. Harsh - maybe. But he's never been good enough to put a utd shirt on and never will be.

And I hear Jose is still hoping he signs a contract and stays with us. Beggers belief
It’s not harsh, it’s just a very stupid post. “Any United supporters that praised him need to have a look at themselves”? Fella has had plenty of good performances for us. You and your sort are an embarrassment. Expecting total loyalty from players you like, while giving no support and loyalty to players you dislike. Modern day football “supporters” I guess.

Craig Ward

It’s not harsh, it’s just a very stupid post. “Any United supporters that praised him need to have a look at themselves”? Fella has had plenty of good performances for us. You and your sort are an embarrassment. Expecting total loyalty from players you like, while giving no support and loyalty to players you dislike. Modern day football “supporters” I guess.
Yet I champion for Shaw to be given a chance while 90% of people on here slate his weight and beg for him to be sold.

I can take the rough with the smooth fella, yes fellaini may have scored the odd goal here and there but this is Man Utd, don't you think we deserve a better quality of player?

No wonder we've fallen so far behind when our own fans actually want fellaini to play more games for us. Some players deserve debate and have good and bad points, but fellaini playing for us is a bit of an odd one. He's a poor player and the sooner he's out the better as far as I'm concerned.

Call me a modern day fan or slate me all you want, I want whats best for Man Utd and that does not involve fellaini jogging round our midfield.

Lemansky

Yet I champion for Shaw to be given a chance while 90% of people on here slate his weight and beg for him to be sold.

I can take the rough with the smooth fella, yes fellaini may have scored the odd goal here and there but this is Man Utd, don't you think we deserve a better quality of player?

No wonder we've fallen so far behind when our own fans actually want fellaini to play more games for us. Some players deserve debate and have good and bad points, but fellaini playing for us is a bit of an odd one. He's a poor player and the sooner he's out the better as far as I'm concerned.

Call me a modern day fan or slate me all you want, I want whats best for Man Utd and that does not involve fellaini jogging round our midfield.
I am not his biggest fan either, but I can admit he has given us plenty of solid performances. It’s OT calling out people who are honest and look at our players from an objective point of view.

When Fella is gone his harshest critiques will no doubt find a new player in our team to irrationally “hate”.

That being said. Fella has done himself no favours taking the club for a ride over his new contract.

Kostov

Not ever for me. Harsh - maybe. But he's never been good enough to put a utd shirt on and never will be.

And I hear Jose is still hoping he signs a contract and stays with us. Beggers belief
Can I ask you do you share the same sentiment on Darmian, Mata, Lingard and similar average squad players we have in the squad? If so will you have a look at yourself?

Kostov

I am not his biggest fan either, but I can admit he has given us plenty of solid performances. It’s OT calling out people who are honest and look at our players from an objective point of view.

When Fella is gone his harshest critiques will no doubt find a new player in our team to irrationally “hate”.

That being said. Fella has done himself no favours taking the club for a ride over his new contract.
Fellaini has had plenty of solid games and has been useful in certain roles, but apparently acknowledging that is a something for we should take a look at ourselves. In the meantime praising Darmian because he is an Italian international is the way to do it. :lol:

Craig Ward

Can I ask you do you share the same sentiment on Darmian, Mata, Lingard and similar average squad players we have in the squad? If so will you have a look at yourself?
Darmian needs to be sold, he hasn't performance well since joining.
Mata hasn't performed enough and I'd probably say weve misused him by playing him RW when that isn't his position.
Lingard - has had a good season and won a lot of people over. Is still average and makes silly mistakes and can be easily replaced in the squad.

So my mirror is fine thanks.

We have a lot of average players, should Ashley Young be our 1st choice LB? Good Christ no. Has he done well - of course. Do we need to upgrade that position - yes.

We can pick faults in every player, even the mangers choices.

Point is - Fellaini is going and no fan should be hoping he stays if we want to improve our team and get back to challenging for the big honours.

Craig Ward

I wont go looking for a player to "hate"

I just expect utd to sign a certain level of player and for players to put a shift in.

Fellaini ticks neither box

Lemansky

Mata hasn't performed enough and I'd probably say weve misused him by playing him RW when that isn't his position.
Lingard - has had a good season and won a lot of people over. Is still average and makes silly mistakes and can be easily replaced in the squad.

We have a lot of average players, should Ashley Young be our 1st choice LB? Good Christ no. Has he done well - of course. Do we need to upgrade that position - yes.

Point is - Fellaini is going and no fan should be hoping he stays if we want to improve our team and get back to challenging for the big honours.
I have no problems with this.

It’s opinions like this I have a massive problem with: “and any utd fan who praised any of his performances need to have a look at themselves“

You need to accept that people view players and football differently. I don’t need to “look at myself” for praising Fellainis good performances.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
This.

Kostov

Yeah that's okey, we can improve on lot of current players, but that was not the point. Fellaini has had plenty of solid games, has been much more useful that Darmian for example, yet you find excuses for him in the other thread, how he has never settled or whatever. He has been wank for us, useless almost, yet if some praised Fellaini for his performances or hope he stays need to look at themselves. Not sure about that mirror, you might need a new one.

I'd rather Fellaini stayed, he has proved that he is a reliable plan B option, and in a summer we need to address full backs and RW position, I'd rather we invest the money there not for his replacement. Which of course is a sensible decision in my view.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The problem with that question is that its a false equivalence, that being if you dislike Fellaini because you think that for large parts of his united careeer been lazy, thoughtless, and clumsy then you must also dislike these other players for the same reason, when that isnt the reason why those players are not all that good.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name

Wow, not content with offending anybody that has the temerity to rate a player you don't(and any utd fan who praised any of his performances need to have a look at themselves.), you proceed to call us Man Utd, not once but twice - are you aware how offensive that is to some of us of a certain age and for good reason, or do you just not care ??

stevoc

I can think of at least 3 !!!

not sure how many to be honest.
I think 3 late goals.

In 5 years.

So barely worth mentioning.
I couldn't remember many myself, the recent Arsenal one obviously and one against Brugge. So i checked up on it, to me a late goal means after 80 minutes. Going off that then he has i believe 4 late goals for United.

Djemba-Djemba

I couldn't remember many myself, the recent Arsenal one obviously and one against Brugge. So i checked up on it, to me a late goal means after 80 minutes. Going off that then he has i believe 4 late goals for United.
I have it as Home to Brugge, home to Hull in the League cup and home to Arsenal last season.

What's the other one?

stevoc

Wow, not content with offending anybody that has the temerity to rate a player you don't(and any utd fan who praised any of his performances need to have a look at themselves.), you proceed to call us Man Utd, not once but twice - are you aware how offensive that is to some of us of a certain age and for good reason, or do you just not care ??
It's a shit term granted glad to say i've never used it that i can remember. But i thought it being offensive was a bit of a myth to be honest. There's a thread on here about it from a few years back, has a write up from Tom Clare on the subject.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/using-the-term-man-u-and-all-the-nonsense-that-goes-with-it.297623/

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Shaw has had about 10-12 good games in 4 years!
And you are championing him? WTF!!!
I call out the bad players and Shaw has been an absolute disaster for us. No doubt about this. If Shaw has any balls, he will put in a transfer request (like Memphis did) and tell the club to either play him or sell him. Personally, I don't think Shaw cares about playing. He is happy to pick up a big pay cheque, while doing the bare minimum.

Fellaini on the other hand has scored some important goals for us. He has helped us when we needed a plan B. I know he isn't ideal, but he plays with passion and when on the pitch did everything he could to get the win. When injured, he did not return over-weight and so out of shape that he needed several months to lose weight.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Probably not a popular opinion, but I think Fellani is one of Utd's more underrated/undervalued players.

Seems to be a scapegoat of the Moyes area, when in reality he's been the difference in plenty of matches. He may not be a "typical" Utd player, but that's been his strength - offering something different

Ducklegs

I'd give betting a miss then as it's obviously not for you, unless you've got more money than sense. :lol:
What ever you say, the stats say otherwise, but what are stats other than recording of factual events and happenings eh?

Ducklegs

Probably not a popular opinion, but I think Fellani is one of Utd's more underrated/undervalued players.

Seems to be a scapegoat of the Moyes area, when in reality he's been the difference in plenty of matches. He may not be a "typical" Utd player, but that's been his strength - offering something different
What does he bring to the side? He doesnt assist (he averages less than one a year by some margin) and aprt from one season where he scored 8 in one season and 4 last season, he doesnt score either.

What he DOES do, and it twists his statistics massively, is that he has very short concentrated burst of form over 3 or 4 games once a season where it looks like he has turned a corner, before he reverts do contributing not a great deal overall.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
What does he bring to the side? He doesnt assist (he averages less than one a year by some margin) and aprt from one season where he scored 8 in one season and 4 last season, he doesnt score either.

What he DOES do, and it twists his statistics massively, is that he has very short concentrated burst of form over 3 or 4 games once a season where it looks like he has turned a corner, before he reverts do contributing not a great deal overall.
I don't want to compare him to Modric as a player, but people said similar about his role at spurs before he left.

Fellani is a different type of player and I think the comparison is more that he had qualities that help the team that aren't so easily measured. He's a big, strong player with a dirty streak - that can help massively these days when playing teams who can't play the game properly. MF can (imo) impose, attack and defend on set pieces, he can pick a pass and win the ball.

He's just another unfanciable player that has a range of skills that are useful across the entire pitch, even if they're not remarkable in isolation. Kind of a "utility player".

Class of 63

Sourness
It's a shit term granted glad to say i've never used it that i can remember. But i thought it being offensive was a bit of a myth to be honest. There's a thread on here about it from a few years back, has a write up from Tom Clare on the subject.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/using-the-term-man-u-and-all-the-nonsense-that-goes-with-it.297623/
Bloody hell, I must have been stalking the boards for longer than I thought before I registered because I remember reading that at the time, least said soonest mended but I was offended by the term in the early 70's and i'll go to my grave offended by it, and there's nothing anybody can say that will make me change my mind.

Anyway, back to our mutual love of Marouane Fellaini and Matteo Darmian ;)

maniwin

I wonder what makes him so delusional into thinking that he deserve to be paid more ? He is 30 years old squad player which only useful as plan B.

Kostov

The problem with that question is that its a false equivalence, that being if you dislike Fellaini because you think that for large parts of his united careeer been lazy, thoughtless, and clumsy then you must also dislike these other players for the same reason, when that isnt the reason why those players are not all that good.
And Fellaini has been lazy and thoughtless? And being clumsy is something you dislike your own players as much as some here? Fellaini whenever has played has given his all, very committed player who had very good games over his 5 years here. How can someone say he is lazy, that's such a poor argument.

At the end of the day, i evaluate what certain player brings to the team, and Fellani has his uses, Darmian and Mata for example bring nothing.

stevoc

Bloody hell, I must have been stalking the boards for longer than I thought before I registered because I remember reading that at the time, least said soonest mended but I was offended by the term in the early 70's and i'll go to my grave offended by it, and there's nothing anybody can say that will make me change my mind.

Anyway, back to our mutual love of Marouane Fellaini and Matteo Darmian ;)
Fair enough mate.

Class of 63

Sourness
I wonder what makes him so delusional into thinking that he deserve to be paid more ? He is 30 years old squad player which only useful as plan B.
Because he knows(as we all do)that the Manager has been, and will no doubt continue getting plan 'a' badly wrong and he's very much needed, and when was the last time you thought you deserved to be paid less ?

CA1

He's a poor player but surely he can do better than Arsenal?

CA1

I think he's about Europa League level to be honest so it would make sense to go Arsenal.
There's that.

But Arsenal are a classless little club. I just thought Fellaini could maybe do better than that circus.

RedNed77

*Walks in, sees he's not gone yet, leaves forum to call back again in a couple of days*

Class of 63

Sourness
So apart from the first goal we learn that if he is isolated 1 on 1 with a defender in the six yard box, at 6ft 4 he can occasionally get some part of his anatomy on the ball and score. meh! We can do better than that
And the goal against Tottenham !?

You're right, we can do better, even his biggest fan would admit that, but you could say the same about 80% of the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.