Fellaini (on his way) out? | Duncan Castles: Fellaini agrees new two year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Don't understand why people like to discredit this guy. I fully understand not liking this contract signing and believing he is not the direction we should go forward with but to say he contributed nothing is pathetic.
I think his contributions, both positive and negative, are few and far between. He offers little from a defensive standpoint, is immobile, not very agile, has poor reaction time and possesses little to no footballing intelligence. He also serves as a constant reminder of David Moyes.

His only redeeming quality being that of a quite frankly outstanding hair doo, but that isn't (shouldn't) be enough to earn a fat contract extension. Especially after his antics in the press over the last couple of months.

Guy Incognito

No other words besides feck off does this justice.

Gotta love how we operate as a club:

United: We're offering you this 1 year deal
Fellaini: No, I'm running my contract out. I'm better than this top clubs will be all over me
(Nobody wants him even on a free)
Fellaini: OK I guess I'll stay
United: Great. Instead of that 1 year deal we offered here's 2 years and a pay raise.
:lol:

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I think his contributions, both positive and negative, are few and far between. He offers little from a defensive standpoint, is immobile, not very agile, has poor reaction time and little to no footballing intelligence. He also serves as a constant reminder of David Moyes.

His only redeeming quality being that of a quite frankly outstanding hair doo, but that isn't (shouldn't) be enough to earn a fat contract extension. Especially after his antics in the press over the last couple of months.
"little to no footballing intelligence". Modern day fans are such an embarrassment. He was a key member for our FA Cup win and Europa League trophy.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Intriguing, probably free’s up more funds to spend on other areas but we have Fosu and Tuanzebe coming back who could have played in midfield. Mctominay can surely do the job of Fellaini. Just makes you wonder, if he was so dead cert on leaving what have united offered him to get him to stay.
Perhaps Jose wants to show that he doesn't want force out players for some reason... but if Fellaini's job is to play as a midfielder then there's even more reasons we should thank him and actually pursue a proper CM. The only good thing was for him to stand in oppo's box counting on Young with a proper cross.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
I like how the fact that signing a new contract is good news because it means that we don't have to buy Arnautovic, as if we somehow have to fill a quota of poor players. That is just as symptomatic of the problems at the fact that Fellaini will now be staying, after trying and failing to find a better offer. Depressing all around, really.

Son Of Sam

Where is the good in extending Fellaini's contract?
Because he’s a quality squad player. We have plodders like Darmian, Shaw, Blind, etc who contribute next to nothing to the club but you are actually angry at Fellaini’s contract renewal?

I laugh in Cantonese....

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You are saying a football player who has played for the majority of his career in the top teams of the English Premier League has "little to know" footballing intelligence. Yes I am embarrassed by that.
The only top premier league club Fellaini has ever played for is United, and to this day I cannot fathom how he has remained as such. He is a bang average footballer with few qualities outside of heading the ball and using his elbows in an advantageous manner.

What does Fellaini offer the team in your eyes?

Also @Son Of Sam

shamans

The only top premier league club Fellaini has ever played for is United, and to this day I cannot fathom how he has remained as such. He is a bang average footballer with few qualities outside of heading the ball and using his elbows in an advantageous manner.

What does Fellaini offer the team in your eyes?

Also @Son Of Sam
Which is why you my friend are posting on the CAF and 6 managers who are professionals are earning a killer.

JonDahl

Because he’s a quality squad player. We have plodders like Darmian, Shaw, Blind, etc who contribute next to nothing to the club but you are actually angry at Fellaini’s contract renewal?

I laugh in Cantonese....
None of those players had their contract renewed. Although Darmian has an option for another year. :nervous:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Which is why you my friend are posting on the CAF and 6 managers who are professionals are earning a killer.
Those managers of which you allude to are under his spell. We have scientists hard at work trying to discover a cure for said spell.

Only a matter of time.

haram

What is the point on saving for other spending when we're only going to buy washed up players like Bale or Willian
Just like how Matic was washed up? The people crying about Fellaini staying would be the first moaning about why we didn’t fill gaps in the squad.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Just like how Matic was washed up? The people crying about Fellaini staying would be the first moaning about why we didn’t fill gaps in the squad.
Please don't generalize.

Not everyone has an agenda, some of us genuinely feel that the likes of Fellaini should be shown the exit rather than have his contract extended.

ravi2

You are saying a football player who has played for the majority of his career in the top teams of the English Premier League has "little to know" footballing intelligence. Yes I am embarrassed by that.

He signed for us on deadline day for 5m over what he would have cost 2 weeks earlier because our transfer dealings under Moyes was THAT shambolic. That is the one reason he is playing for an elite team like MUFC.
And now he is posturing all over the place for a new contract, he should thank his lucky stars our management was so shitty for a while that they ended up signing him.

He has outlived whatever little usefulness he had and he needs to go.

haram

Please don't generalize.

Not everyone has an agenda, some of us genuinely feel that the likes of Fellaini should be shown the exit rather than have his contract extended.
Well then you can accept that replacing Fellaini affects what we can do in other areas during the transfer market? Spending 30-40 million on replacing a squad player is not ideal when we already have gaps in the team.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Dunno, Castles says funds will be used to bolster attack and defence.
I have time for Castles, hope he is correct in his assumption.

Well then you can accept that replacing Fellaini affects what we can do in other areas during the transfer market? Spending 30-40 million on replacing a squad player is not ideal when we already have gaps in the team.
Very much doubt we would have spent anything on a Fellaini replacement, rather we would promote a youth product as per the norm when replacing squad players.

MJJ

Do you seriously think we can't sign a sixth choice midfielder for less than 30 million?

FerociousCorgis

Don't get this talk about not replacing fellaini because of all the hole we have to fill......when CM is still one of those holes still to fill, especially if we want to play with a midfield 3. After pogba-matic-fred we don't really have any CM that instills confidence. Herrera didn't play for most of the year, fellaini is just a shit midifelder, and Mctominay is pretty limited it seems in what he can do. Go out and use our damn scouting network and find a younger CM to bring in that has some actual potential as a deep lying playmaker for a decent price. Did the same thing with Dalot at RB.

Canagel

Fellaini staying means we don't go for Arnautovic and we now use the funds he would have cost elsewhere, as stated by Castles.
But do we need a marquee signing anyway? Isn't the money better off being spent to build a team? The midfield is still a major concern. After Matic, Fred and Pogba there's nothing there. Any injury to one of the three and it's straight back to Fellaini and Herrera. Why not go out there and spend the money on a young deep lying playmaker DM or CM? There's plenty of midfielders out there that can do better than Fellaini.

Greck

Moyes, Van Gaal, Mourinho, Martinez, Wilmots, Preud'homme
Appeal to authority at it's finest. Come on You even included 2 guys we sacked just to inflate the figure. The other 3 we would never have at our club.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
They are professional football managers. Mourinho and LVG are champions of the past. You are telling me they don't know shit?
Football managers in general know a great deal more than your average football fan such as you and I, but were we to accept and agree with every decision they make, Redcafe would cease to exist. The sole purpose of a football forum is to discuss shit, no?

RedDevil@84

BBC is finally on to it too. As good as done.
Wonder if he will still bring out a video on July 1st

shamans

Football managers in general know a great deal more than your average football fan such as you and I, but were we to accept and agree with every decision they make, Redcafe would cease to exist. The sole purpose of a football forum is to discuss shit, no?
Okay but six different individuals?? Mind you I’m not even saying signing him was the best thing or this contract was good for us for sure but to say he has contributed nothing meaningful ?

He has had great games against top sides with us. Even if you think he was a total flop to say he has no footballing intelligence is stupid and ignorant

tony54

I think his contributions, both positive and negative, are few and far between. He offers little from a defensive standpoint, is immobile, not very agile, has poor reaction time and possesses little to no footballing intelligence. He also serves as a constant reminder of David Moyes.

I don't know if he's staying or going but I will always defend the guy, apart from his elbows, he always put a shift in for us and I do believe got us a one or more vital cup winning goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.