Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Still don't want Fellaini if I'm honest, always think he is a liability when pressure is on him, gets angry way too easily, just doesn't seem the type who would give us what we need. A composed dribbler who is confident in trapping a ball, turning, and taking it past a man without panicking, with a good eye for a pass. Suppose having a bogbrush one the pitch can distract simpletons like Henderson.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
We need a ball winner don't we? We have flair players and players who can knock it about a bit, it's desirable to have a great attacking midfielder but not what has been lacking for us for years.
Fellaini is a ball winner.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Still don't want Fellaini if I'm honest, always think he is a liability when pressure is on him, gets angry way too easily, just doesn't seem the type who would give us what we need. A composed dribbler who is confident in trapping a ball, turning, and taking it past a man without panicking, with a good eye for a pass. Suppose having a bogbrush one the pitch can distract simpletons like Henderson.
:lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
We need a ball winner don't we? We have flair players and players who can knock it about a bit, it's desirable to have a great attacking midfielder but not what has been lacking for us for years.
Fellaini is a ball winner.
Does he win that many balls apart from in the air? His tackling has never seemed that great to me, surely there are much better players than him out there for the price. Because Fellaini works at Everton, it doesn't mean he will here. I think there is something in the back of my mind saying to me about managers and going for their former players is usually a bad idea, and I don't know why because I can't think of any examples off the top of my head.

I am sure Anderson could be a ball winner if he was instructed to do so.

Theon

Lord of the Iron Islands
Does he win that many balls apart from in the air? His tackling has never seemed that great to me, surely there are much better players than him out there for the price.
Nah hes an excellent ball winner, on the ground as well as in the air. He won the ball more than anyone in Evertons team last season and he was playing as an attacking midfielder.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Agreed. We need the freedom to be able to play our best attacking players, I think Fellaini can be the steel that will allow us to. We had zero attacking threat today but loads of shit possession. We need Rooney and/or Kagawa to have the freedom of having a freaky wigged feck behind them.

SER19

if sign fellaini means moyes feels he can have him and carrick behind a front 4 of nani-rooney-kagawa-van persie or something similar then fantastic.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
if sign fellaini means moyes feels he can have him and carrick behind a front 4 of nani-rooney-kagawa-van persie or something similar then fantastic.
Well obviously we are signing him to be a central midfielder as cover for Carrick or to play alongside him in the big games. He is not going to be playing in the attacking mid role he was playing for Everton but in the withdrawn central defensive mid role he plays for Belgium.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Well obviously we are signing him to be a central midfielder as cover for Carrick or to play alongside him in the big games. He is not going to be playing in the attacking mid role he was playing for Everton but in the withdrawn central defensive mid role he plays for Belgium.
Fellaini would be a great signing. We have very good players on the air, but with Fellaini, we would have aerial superiority over any team in the league an most of europe, if not all of them. This is such a boost of confidence for the players when they know it.

Also, If let loose, im sure he can ve a very tough player. Would be nice to have him bullying players around playing deep.

Andrew~

I really hope this doesn't happen, we'll be overpaying for an average player.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
Eurobot:
Yes, it's reported that Everton have agreed a £12.5m fee for James McCarthy of Wigan. It's a lot of money but he's a quality player. Far too good to spend the season in the Championship.
(Eurosport)

Looks like Fellaini is on his way..

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Just got a feeling this will go right to the wire, Eddy will continue to haggle over the add ons until the very last minute.

lysglimt

Scout
Who will end up the better played? Fellaini or McCarthy?
Fellaini - without a doubt. Simply because he has some skills / qualities where he is among the best in the world - McCarthy is much more of an all-round player

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Fellaini - without a doubt. Simply because he has some skills / qualities where he is among the best in the world - McCarthy is much more of an all-round player
I agree, and I actually like Fellaini a lot and think he would improve us in many ways, he's just a bit under-rated in here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I agree, and I actually like Fellaini a lot and think he would improve us in many ways, he's just a bit under-rated in here.
He is underrated, but people seem to think of McCarthy as someone with big potential here top hence I posed the question.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
Fellaini would be our Roy Keane, we could've done with him yesterday but hopefully we can wrap up a deal for him today.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Completely agree.

We need someone like Özil. Desperately.
no we don't, we've already got better players in that position. We need someone who will allow them the space and freedom to play.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
no we don't, we've already got better players in that position. We need someone who will allow them the space and freedom to play.
Kagawa aint better than Ozil. At least not yet. Rooney well if his head in his the right place then I guess you can say he is on par with Ozil.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
I will laugh so hard if he signs for you.

Don't even care if he moderately improves your midfield. That's all he'll do.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Kagawa aint better than Ozil. At least not yet. Rooney well if his head in his the right place then I guess you can say he is on par with Ozil.
Indeed. I'd also say, Rooney isn't close to being as good as Ozil from a creativity stand-point. He of course offers a better goal threat, but at the moment it's the creativity side of things where we are really lacking, and Ozil is one of the best around for that.

Woodzy

I will laugh so hard if he signs for you.

Don't even care if he moderately improves your midfield. That's all he'll do.
Because the last thing we want to do is improve on a title winning squad?

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Because the last thing we want to do is improve on a title winning squad?

You've lost the most important element of that squad now, Fellaini won't make up for that.

B20

Supports
Liverpool
Key word there, improve.

Maybe for you.

The key words for me are that when Moyes signed, the negative ones would say "oh great, he'll sign Fellaini, in keeping with him using his own coach staff, and stick to what he knows. Shit on a stick, etc."

Then he announced his intention to sign Superstar Hero X for Big Money, lowballed on Fabregas, let Fellaini's clause expire and now he's signing on deadline day anyway.

It's a lot of key words, I'll grant you, but I like how this panned out. It's actually funnier than if you signed no one at all.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
Maybe for you.

The key words for me are that when Moyes signed, the negative ones would say "oh great, he'll sign Fellaini, in keeping with him using his own coach staff, and stick to what he knows. Shit on a stick, etc."

Then he announced his intention to sign Superstar Hero X for Big Money, lowballed on Fabregas, let Fellaini's clause expire and now he's signing on deadline day anyway.

It's a lot of key words, I'll grant you, but I like how this panned out. It's actually funnier than if you signed no one at all.
Sadly you are spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.