Fergie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Saw a tweet from the Chicago White Soxs - I never knew anyone in American baseball knew about SAF.

Some nice comments from even opposition fans who've come into contact with him or have known people who have. It's really nice to see.

What shines through is his humanity and decency to all he meets, irrespective of allegiances or whatever. No wonder he inspired such loyalty from his players.

Am bloody devastated and not interested in anything else. Just want to know he's recovering well.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Thoughts and prayers for SAF :(. He will recover and we will see him again.

Burrow

FM Experiment God
Scout
Words cannot express the feelings regarding Sir Alex' illness. Hoping for a swift recovery, this immense man will not be beaten this easily.

❤❤❤

narnar

Needs Help
Absolutely devastated. Fergie took charge before I was born and retired when I was 24, he did alright in those years. More than just a football manager though, what a personality and presence. Hoping for the best.

GM K

There is only one Alex Ferguson. Irreplaceable.

Get well soon Boss. Looking forward to having you back.

meamth

Oh man. Devastating news, hope the boss pulls through this one. What an absolute icon, probably the first blemish as a human being he's shown in a good 40 years. Get well soon boss.
Always thought he is more than human. That man is more than myth and legend.

Nicklas

Absolutely gutted about this, as I've lost both my parents at a young age I thought I was a bit immune/numb to these kind of feelings by now. But this one has really hit me hard.

Keep fighting Fergie!

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Felt numb when I heard the news last night.
Like a grandfather from afar. Such a huge influence during my young age.

Hope he pulls through in classic Fergie style.

Don't think we'll hear anything for a good few days really.

xtal191

All the messages from other clubs, players etc etc are amazing. Really hope he pulls through.

Last edited by a moderator:

buchansleftleg

Wish we were playing today...a solid 20 minutes of "Ferguson's redn white army" would somehow make me feel better.

Something felt odd yesterday at the under 18's Final. Now it makes sense why some of the staff seemed very subdued.

brian017

When you see NBA teams, MLB teams and people not involved in football tweeting about him you realise how much the man, his leadership and his achievements transcended his sport. Reading them is hitting me pretty hard

SirAF

Ageist
Should I ever choose to follow baseball, then this will be my team.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I’m a wreck. I’ve got tears in my eyes reading all these well wishes and watching videos of him with his players and his peers.

I just need him to pull off his greatest comeback and be back in the stands.
And when he is back, if those players don’t smash whoever they’re up against as a tribute to the man for all that he’s done, then none of them are worthy of the shirt.

Spark

Should I ever choose to follow baseball, then this will be my team.
Literally know nothing about baseball, but hope they win it all now.

The sheer scale of comments is absolutely breathtaking. It’s been said for ages how Fergie knows the names of everyone at the club down to the tea lady. That clearly extends beyond United.

Goes to show that being the greatest, both on the pitch and off it, earns you an unbelievable amount of respect from all corners.

Wish him all the best and look forward to seeing him at Old Trafford again (maybe not every game, like the last few seasons), grinning from the stands.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Both my parents call him my pops. Anytime they see him they say "Akin, your dad is on TV".
Confident he'll be fine, the man is incredible.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I have a meeting to attend tomorrow and I can't concentrate.

This is the second time I posted in this thread. I hope Sir Alex will get fully recovered, the man showed me what football is all about but especially what Manchester United is all about. Without Manchester United my life would be empty, dull, flat... He brought into my life an entertainment, history, fighting spirit, character, happiness.

I'm still devastated by this news... I still remember watching his team(Beckham was still there) for the first time in 2003 on live Television, there's something about the players and the style which made me fall in love with the club and those players were there because of him. From there, I learned about who Sir Alex Ferguson was and I've always had the utmost respect for the man. He's a father figure and is a very important person in my life, especially as a Manchester United supporter.

For me, Sir Alex has never truly left the club. He's still there, watching the games from the stands, watching us all. And He'll be there again. I never doubted his fighting spirit, his stubbornness against all odds and I'm not doubting it now.

Get well soon, boss, I will keep sending you prayers. You've done so much for us. You will make it!

reddaz71

Absolute embodiment of the word Legend, so many unforgettable moments and if you look at a montage of his career I defy anyone not to get goosebumps,he took Utd from being a big club to an absolute monster and its all down to Sir Alex Ferguson and we will not see his glorious like again,please pull through Sir Alex!

Acquire Me

He will make it. I can see him back again. He got the proper fight in him, thats for sure.

squiggle

Supports
Ligue 1, Arsenal
I don't know any details, of course, but someone close to me had an an aneurysm and recovered completely - you wouldn't know anything had happened. I wish him all the best.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Both my parents call him my pops. Anytime they see him they say "Akin, your dad is on TV".
Confident he'll be fine, the man is incredible.
My parents call him 'Alex aaba', aaba meaning grandpa in my language :)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It’s a weird feeling, he was only the manager of a club that I guess I made a conscious decision following.

Despite that, I find myself immensely proud of him and immensely proud of the reception the news has garnered. It seems everyone feels a personal connection to him and the outpouring of affection is a manifestation of that.

So despite having never met him and having no connection to him other than through supporting the team he managed, I feel as proud of him as if people were saying nice words about a family member or close friend.

It almost makes me understand the seemingly irrational affection people have for the Royal family.

barmyarmy

Constantly refreshing to hear something positive (hopefully soon). Man who brought united to where we belong. He made us all love united with thrilling comebacks and late goals. Man is a fighter he will come out of this.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I was shocked when i found out about this. Hopefully there's positive news to come in the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.