Fernandes Vs De Bruyne

romufc

I know Bruno divides alot of fans but this guy is special. He is incredible, look at the influence he has had in this dressing room, there is friendly banter that will improve and drive players.

It just seems like just a good place to be right now, Bruno is key to this.

The players know, if we are to win something Bruno will be important to us achieving it.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
City play just as well without KDB, United don't.

They're both immense players, i'd say KDB is perhaps more consistent in his performances which is enabled by City's style of play and dominance.

Fernandes seems to hit higher peaks more often, he's the hub of the team and carried a much worse side on his back for longer periods.

A fresh Fernandes like he showed against Leeds is one of the best playrs in the world.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
City play just as well without KDB, United don't.

They're both immense players, i'd say KDB is perhaps more consistent in his performances which is enabled by City's style of play and dominance.

Fernandes seems to hit higher peaks more often, he's the hub of the team and carried a much worse side on his back for longer periods.

A fresh Fernandes like he showed against Leeds is one of the best playrs in the world.
They do not.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They do not.
Well they clearly do as they win just as much when he's injured. If anything the last season over the christmas period when KDB got injured, they won the league.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Bruno is more like a false 9 or shadow striker to me, in which he has been outstanding. As midfielder, I prefer De Bruyne in terms of passing, playmaking and chance creating.

Luminous Lizard

I feel De Bruyne is the better player technically, but doubt he could have the same impact in terms of goals and assists as Bruno in this united team.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Bruno is like Ronaldo in that it he puts up amazing numbers, has a ridiculous work ethic and is very demanding of himself and those around him. KDB is more like Messi in the sense that you just have to watch him play to see he is better.

I would still rather have Bruno for United because of how he has transformed the players around him and how he has pulled the team up a level. His output is ridiculous, however in games that he doesn't play well, he is much worse than when KDB doesn't play well. Mainly because Bruno takes so many risks and if none of the risks work then he can be quite poor.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Well they clearly do as they win just as much when he's injured. If anything the last season over the christmas period when KDB got injured, they won the league.
They play at a higher level when he's on full song.

They may win just as much without him but that says more about the quality in their team without him (vs us without Fernandes).

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bruno is like Ronaldo in that it he puts up amazing numbers, has a ridiculous work ethic and is very demanding of himself and those around him. KDB is more like Messi in the sense that you just have to watch him play to see he is better.
KDB is better overall but I think Fernandes has definitely been better since he came to England. KDB hasn't been at his best over the last 12 months, his status/impression is a lot greater than the actual performances.

Zlatanator

KdB is that player who will put on a show, you will be in awe seeing his vision and skills. Bruno will irritate you 80% of the time, you might also think what's the fuss about him. At the end of the season, Bruno will match/betters KdB's stats. The no non-sense footballer.

Brightonian

Wildly different ways of playing in a similar position, so it's hard to compare them. Ultimately, De Bruyne suits City much better than Bruno would, and Bruno suits United much better than De Bruyne would.

KDB could never have come in and transformed United the way Bruno did. He's a phenomenal footballer but Bruno is a pure force of will, and that's what we needed as much as anything. Likewise, Bruno wouldn't play as well for City as De Bruyne does - the directness and willingness to lose possession which we needed so badly would be a problem for them.

I struggle to agree with anyone stating that De Bruyne is outright better though. Bruno's numbers don't lie, they're the best in the league. De Bruyne doesn't get close, perhaps mostly because he's injured so often. But those injuries are part of the package of the player; Bruno's ability to seemingly play every game, never get a proper rest, and continue to remain fit is a big part of what makes him so valuable.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
De Bruyne gets the nod for me, because you can play him all over the pitch. Looks comfortable deep, wide or as a false 9. I think Bruno only excels as a 10. He played deeper for Portugal at the Euros and looked like a spare part. He's also had games for us where he's looked a bit rubbish for 80 minutes, and then out of nowhere he smashes one top bins.

In terms of impact though, Bruno might be one of the best PL imports of all time. He transformed the team when he came in, instantly. He's got a bit of nastiness about him, which I like.

If you were to put them together, with Bruno as a 10 and De Bruyne as an 8, it would dominate.

Abraxas

For us, Bruno. We don't have the same cohesive way of playing that City do. Bruno fits our style perfectly, his output is ridiculous and I'm not sure we could afford to lose his contributions for De Bruyne's extra technique and ability to pull off a pass. He's even better for us than he was at Sporting and much superior to the player that takes the field for Portugal which gives some indication.

For me its less to do with who is the better player overall but simply that we couldn't afford to lose Bruno from this team.

I think it should probably be fairly obvious that for many teams De Bruyne would be the choice.

Kag

Having read the thread I have nothing original to offer: Bruno is the right fit for United and De Bruyne is the right fit for City. Swap them around and both teams are worse for it.

De Bruyne has a certain something that Bruno doesn’t have, if I’m honest. But that’s fine with me. Bruno is about to score another thirty goals from midfield this season. Happy days.

Eugenius

KdB is the better player. Though I don't think he could have done what Bruno has done for our team in terms of upping standards, intensity and sheer output.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Saw a video that the kick off uploaded debating who’s the better player and it’s quite an interesting topic. Both extremely talented players with similar skill sets yet if you were to only have one in your team who would you pick?

Personally for me I would take Bruno but if De Bruyne was the same age as Bruno is then it would have to be Kevin.
KDB at his best is a much better player than Bruno, but I think injuries have taken their toll on DeBruyne and I don’t think he’s the player that he was a couple of years ago.

van Persie

Fernandes clearly. Only hipsters would say De Bruyne have been better in 2021.

RedorDead21

Our main issue is even if they were identical in every single way, they’d win the league because of their team. Hopefully we can remove any such handicap for Bruno by improving it.

tomaldinho1

They do not.
Subjective but I remember there was a lot of talk about 'are City better without KDB' because their form when he was injured was insanely good last season. Personally I think he's best when he's a bit deeper, I wouldn't really compare him and Bruno at all.

He'sRaldo

It also helps KDB that he won a trophy as the main man at Wolfsburg. They were never winning the league against Bayern, so the German Cup is the best he could have done.

Unfortunately for us we haven't been able to win at least a League Cup or Europa league with Bruno as the main guy, which is a point against him.

KennyBurner

Wildly different ways of playing in a similar position, so it's hard to compare them. Ultimately, De Bruyne suits City much better than Bruno would, and Bruno suits United much better than De Bruyne would.

KDB could never have come in and transformed United the way Bruno did. He's a phenomenal footballer but Bruno is a pure force of will, and that's what we needed as much as anything. Likewise, Bruno wouldn't play as well for City as De Bruyne does - the directness and willingness to lose possession which we needed so badly would be a problem for them.

I struggle to agree with anyone stating that De Bruyne is outright better though. Bruno's numbers don't lie, they're the best in the league. De Bruyne doesn't get close, perhaps mostly because he's injured so often. But those injuries are part of the package of the player; Bruno's ability to seemingly play every game, never get a proper rest, and continue to remain fit is a big part of what makes him so valuable.
This is not just true. KDB would fit perfectly at United. He is the perfect 10 whereas bruno is more of a shadow striker. KDB is also very direct, the difference between him and Bruno is he is a lot more precise and accurate with his passing.

cyberman

This is not just true. KDB would fit perfectly at United. He is the perfect 10 whereas bruno is more of a shadow striker. KDB is also very direct, the difference between him and Bruno is he is a lot more precise and accurate with his passing.
Nope he’s a number 10. He plays too deep and plays too many though balls with too many assists to be a shadow striker. He is just really good at it so people can’t comprehend his position as a 10.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is not a shadow striker, he works so hard and makes so many runs people think he is second striker/shadow striker. He is attacking mid with insane work rate.

The_Midfielder

Can he get 30 goals ?

The White Pele

Today would be taking Bruno as his superior fitness record gives him a clear edge for me. With both at 100% fitness for the season I would take KDB.

RooneyLegend

Not disagreeing KDB is more complete player, but We'd not be anywhere close to where we are now with KDB playing for us. But i do see Bruno having insane numbers at city too.
Bruno would bench at City.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Bruno and KdB plays in same position, if Bruno is second striker then so is KdB. Only difference between them is Bruno makes lot of attacking runs and his off the ball runs are very good. KdB drifts wide and doesn't make many attacking runs.
While this is true, don't you think they could also complement each other? At United, De Bruyne could play in Pogba's position, while at City, Bruno could be the non-striker CF that Pep seems to crave (or wherever his mind's at for that position :D ).

It might require some additional tweaks elsewhere to ensure balance in the line-up if both are on the pitch, but I could see that being quite unpleasant for the opposition.
That City win without De Bruyne doesn't mean they're better without him, it's just their default position in the league. They have so much quality that they can win the league with or without a a few of their most important starters. I mean, they might even be competing for top 4 with their second team.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
While this is true, don't you think they could also complement each other? At United, De Bruyne could play in Pogba's position, while at City, Bruno could be the non-striker CF that Pep seems to crave (or wherever his mind's at for that position :D ).

It might require some additional tweaks elsewhere to ensure balance in the line-up if both are on the pitch, but I could see that being quite unpleasant for the opposition.
Yeah they can. KdB is also awesome from right side, not exactly wing position.

KennyBurner

He is not a shadow striker, he works so hard and makes so many runs people think he is second striker/shadow striker. He is attacking mid with insane work rate.
I would agree to an extent. During our buildup phase he plays way too high when the ball is with out defenders. He only drops deep (Halfway line) during a counter or mistake in transition. Even when we press on the ball he presses higher than our striker instead of pressing halfspace in midfield. I think he is more comfortable playing further up than in midfield.

r1z3mu

Even though both are midfielders I think KdB plays a little deeper than Fernandes. It's very tough call - who is better. Both are incredible.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
KDB is about 4 years older than Bruno. I just think he's a different player. Apples and Oranges for me

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
It's hard for me to say because De Bruyne has a much better team along with Pep making his game more efficient. Fernandes I feel is more raw technique and magic.

In a weird way I got some Ronaldinho vibes from Fernandes. He tried to do ridiculous things that has you swearing but then he pulls them off and you go crazy.