Fernandes Vs De Bruyne

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Bruno’s had a better World Cup, that’s for sure. Possibly been Portugal’s best player, although I wouldn’t say anyone has been outstanding in the two games of theirs I watched. And of course - the numbers.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
How have I never seen this thread before? It’s so funny. :lol:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
De Bruyne quite obviously the better player, Bruno most definitely the better tournament.

From the Portugal group, Kudus has comfortably been better than Bruno for me though and probably the outstanding 10 in the tournament I’d say. He’s a world class player in the making.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
De Bruyne quite obviously the better player, Bruno most definitely the better tournament.

From the Portugal group, Kudus has comfortably been better than Bruno for me though and probably the outstanding 10 in the tournament I’d say. He’s a world class player in the making.
Of course. As the creator of this, need to feed that ego thing.

AndySmith1990

Why is this a thread? Obviously de Bruyne is the better player. Unless you're a reactionary moron who judges a players career based on their last match

El Jefe

The bump of this this thread is worthy of a twitter troll shitpost.

Poor WUM.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Of course. As the creator of this, need to feed that ego thing.
Shush man.

What the actual feck does ‘ego’ have to do with that? It’s a football opinion. Disagree with it, agree with it, or get stuffed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He was our best player last season? And Bruno was stinking the place up…..perhaps the issue was Bruno
De Gea was our best player. And why are you obsessed with a season where adding Ronaldo made us a much worse team and everyone had to serve him to pad up his goal tally?

Ronaldo has been a joke this season. So glad he's gone. Best business we've done for ages.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He is not searching for him as much as he was during the season last for us or previous Portugal games IMO. He treats Ronaldo just as any other player and that ups his game a lot.
So if I’m right what you’re saying is that Bruno not playing well week in week out last season is that he was looking for Ronaldo and that led to him playing shite?

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
De Gea was our best player. And why are you obsessed with a season where adding Ronaldo made us a much worse team and everyone had to serve him to pad up his goal tally?

Ronaldo has been a joke this season. So glad he's gone. Best business we've done for ages.
Eh?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not in a cup competition but Ronaldo stinking up the place week in week out has an impact.
I think it will hold Portugal back this tournament. I think it’s not as bad in league games, but at this World Cup, there seems a clear agenda from the players to ‘get Ronaldo his goals’.

Now midfielders looking for their striker is not necessarily a bad thing, but at the moment, Ronaldo can’t even be relied upon to take those chances anymore. Portugal seem set up to feed what is now an erratic finisher at best. If he was still the Ronnie of old, I’d have no issue with them looking for him at all costs.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Agree with this.

De Bruyne is on another level, possibly the greatest midfielder the PL has ever had - and I really like Bruno.
Typical over rating of KDB. Players tend to look better due to Pep. KDB is definitely top 10 but not number 1 by a long shot in my opinion. Depends if we are talking overall midfielders, including CDM, CM and CAM. If Including all 3 then he is behind, and in no particular order, the following; Keane, Viera, Scholes, Gerrard, Lampard, David Silva.

jackal&hyde

So if I’m right what you’re saying is that Bruno not playing well week in week out last season is that he was looking for Ronaldo and that led to him playing shite?
Yes. He was not playing for the team, he was playing for Portugal child. Same thing for the National team. Bruno stops playing for PiersMorgan.Child. Portugal does well.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Yes. He was not playing for the team, he was playing for Portugal child. Same thing for the National team. Bruno stops playing for PiersMorgan.Child. Portugal does well.
Ah right…so now he’s decided he isn’t playing for Ronaldo he’s back to playing well ? Got it. Sounds legit

jackal&hyde

Ah right…so now he’s decided he isn’t playing for Ronaldo he’s back to playing well ? Got it. Sounds legit
He always played very well, except for when Cristina was there. Now it seems Bruno keeps playing well even with Ronaldo there.
EDIT: Cristiano

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He always played very well, except for when Cristina was there. Now it seems Bruno keeps playing well even with Ronaldo there.
EDIT: Cristiano
Perhaps Cristiano isn’t the problem then. Bruno was poor from jan 21 to the end of that season and we didn’t sign Ronaldo until august

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
De Brine has it too easy at City. Put him in a team under pressure like Belgium with a striker that cant score goals and he will have a meltdown.

Wilt

Easy. One is a genuine world class midfielder ….the other is Fernandes.

Someone

Something
A lot of players had a better world cup than De Bruyne, doesn't make them better than him.

At 28, the ship has sailed for Bruno to be a better player than KDB, but he could still achieve a lot.

cyberman

A lot of players had a better world cup than De Bruyne, doesn't make them better than him.

At 28, the ship has sailed for Bruno to be a better player than KDB, but he could still achieve a lot.
I dunno, Bruno has 3 odd years on KDB. Who knows what he’ll achieve as he comes in his prime

RedDevil@84

This is easy, one is one of the best midfielders currently...... and the other couldn't even get his team out of group stages.

Someone

Something
I dunno, Bruno has 3 odd years on KDB. Who knows what he’ll achieve as he comes in his prime
Yeah but KDB has been great for City since joining in 2015, and even before that with Wolfsburg. He's one of the best players in PL history. Bruno still blows hot and cold at 28.

cyberman

Yeah but KDB has been great for City since joining in 2015, and even before that with Wolfsburg. He's one of the best players in PL history. Bruno still blows hot and cold at 28.
But he’s really stepped up over the last 3/4 years, his career from around 28 made him. To be fair it’s not his fault he had that bad injury and covid season happened before that but they did none the less. It’s not like Bruno before this hasn’t been outstanding, it’s just up to Bruno to take that step forward now under a manager who can use him correctly.

El Jefe

But he’s really stepped up over the last 3/4 years, his career from around 28 made him. To be fair it’s not his fault he had that bad injury and covid season happened before that but they did none the less. It’s not like Bruno before this hasn’t been outstanding, it’s just up to Bruno to take that step forward now under a manager who can use him correctly.
He's been elite from 26 to be fair and when he was 24 it was pretty obvious he was going to be one of the world's best.

His career trajectory has been well ahead of Bruno's at every age.

Lee565

I think bruno is the better player in terms of individuality but de bruyne is also class but has benefited from playing under one the greatest managers in history in a well oil system, bruno has not had that luxury at all

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
World Cup stats

KDB:
3 games (270 mins)
0 goals
0 assists
6.88 rating (137th ranked)

Bruno:
2 games (180 mins)
2 goals
2 assists
8.36 rating (1st ranked)
Updated:

KDB:
3 games (270 mins)
0 goals
0 assists
6.88 rating (117th ranked)

Bruno:
3 games (267 mins)
2 goals
3 assists
8.32 rating (2nd ranked)

lex talionis

I’m a huge fan of Bruno but there’s no contest between Bruno and KDB, who has been consistently outstanding for the last 4-5 seasons.

If anyone has inside knowledge that De Bruyne is done, ok then obviously Bruno. But I am not aware of any evidence that De Bruyne is done.

Gycraig

Supports
Hull
It’s an impossible debate really, Bruno would look twice as good with mental figures in that city side while debruyne wouldn't look amazing in the United team the last few years.

Bruno was a goal and assist machine despite being surrounded by dross wiry shit managers with traffic cones to aim at:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I’m a huge fan of Bruno but there’s no contest between Bruno and KDB, who has been consistently outstanding for the last 4-5 seasons.

If anyone has inside knowledge that De Bruyne is done, ok then obviously Bruno. But I am not aware of any evidence that De Bruyne is done.
I dont know why KdB always appears as a defeatist with his interviews and maybe people pick up on that take things to a different tangent.