Gaming Fifa 10

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Getting this one in early to coincide with the PES thread.

Theres been no press release but I want to know what you would like to see changed or added to the new one.

My thoughts:

- Option to play 5 vs 5 Be A Pro again, it seems as though it's 10 or nothing and 10 is too many.
- Goalkeeper in Be A Pro.
- Lose the animation where a player watches a ball go over his head before chasing it.
- Be A Pro Seasons should be more than 4 years.
- Dutch team if poshible pleash.
- Actual snow on the pitch, rain should effect the ball more rather than be a pretty animation.
- Make speed less of a factor.
- Alter the AI to have slightly worse defense and better attack. Whenever I play the computer I always know they will never score, it's always a matter of if I score.
- Realistic transfers in Manager Mode.
- Pre season Friendlies in MM.
- Overall general realism in MM, no Newcastle finishing second in the first damn season.
- Indoor :D

The Flying Potato

thats a good point about the dutch, theyve never been in fifa games....why?

keep ultimate team and make it free.
better crowd animation

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player

Theres been no press release but I want to know what you would like to see changed or added to the new one.

My thoughts:

- Option to play 5 vs 5 Be A Pro again, it seems as though it's 10 or nothing and 10 is too many.
- Lose the animation where a player watches a ball go over his head before chasing it.
- Actual snow on the pitch, rain should effect the ball more rather than be a pretty animation.
- Alter the AI to have slightly worse defense and better attack. Whenever I play the computer I always know they will never score, it's always a matter of if I score.
- Overall general realism in MM, no Newcastle finishing second in the first damn season.
- Indoor
:D
I share these, nothign really to add

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
I'll probably buy one of either FIFA of PES 2010, I refuse to buy the same game virtually every year, but every two years doesn't seem as crazy to me.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I want to be able to practice my celebrations in Arena Mode too.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
- Option to play 5 vs 5 Be A Pro again, it seems as though it's 10 or nothing and 10 is too many. Yes
- Goalkeeper in Be A Pro. - Absolutely No point in this what so ever
- Lose the animation where a player watches a ball go over his head before chasing it. - Certainly Yes
- Be A Pro Seasons should be more than 4 years. - And include Cups
- Dutch team if poshible pleash.- Shertainly
- Actual snow on the pitch, rain should effect the ball more rather than be a pretty animation. Uh Huh
- Make speed less of a factor.Ummmm..It's quite a big factor in actualy football
- Alter the AI to have slightly worse defense and better attack. Whenever I play the computer I always know they will never score, it's always a matter of if I score. - Play on a harder setting
- Realistic transfers in Manager Mode. Not bothered
- Indoor :D - Without a shiddily shadow of a doubt...5 aside indoor was class in whatever ancient FIFA it was in

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Something some of have you may have not noticed but you take a left footed player like Messi and you can make him to do a certain trick e.g the Flip Flap.
He will do it with his right foot :mad: ,that makes no sense

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Over at the official FIFA forum, the next-gen Gameplay Producer for FIFA 10 (Santiago Jaramillo) has posted a list of what we can expect from the game. From what we’ve been told the list of features that will be included has now been “locked down”, meaning that the new features have been decided upon and work on the game is now in progress.

Manager Mode: Many of you have suggested several improvements for Manager Mode in FIFA 10. While we won’t be able to address all of them this year, I can tell you that many of the issues you mentioned will be solved for FIFA 10. We know that Manager Mode is one the most important in the game, and as such it received a lot of attention from the development team this year. This means having more realistic results in sim matches (i.e. more realistic league table); having a more compelling transfer system; improved atmosphere, player growth, and many more. In the end, it is a matter of prioritizing and have a plan that will continue to improve MM not just in FIFA 10, but in all the FIFAs to come.

Flick Passes: We are constantly trying to improve our passing system, and part of it is adding variety. Last year we implemented swerve on through balls, so that skilled passers could play more effective through balls. Flick passes are definitely part of the game. What we have to ask ourselves is whether we want them to be contextual (such as back heel passes in the game right now) or using the R1 or RB modifier.

Ball Physics: We made changes to the ball physics last year, and it became what I think is the most realistic ball behaviour in-air that we have had. However, there were a few problems that we did not have time to fix, such as the ball bouncing too fast after it hits a player. We are working this year to polish this feature and fix issues such as this.

Defensive Line Height: We always need to have a balance between defending and attacking. At the moment, the attacking team has an edge when it comes to ground and lofted through balls. I think part of the problem is that the defensive line defends too high at times, and that our lofted through balls are too accurate. We are definitely aware of this issue and we hope that it will be much improved for FIFA 10.

General Gameplay: As I mentioned before, there is only so much we can do in one development cycle, so we won’t be able to address all of the concerns at once. That said, in FIFA 10 we hope you get a much better gameplay experience through improvements in all of our areas: CPU AI, set pieces, physical play, defending, positioning, goalkeeping, etc…
Sounds good.

cloud218

My thoughts:

- Indoor :D

5 on 5 sounds good, alright.

I guess that for the goalkeeper to be a pro, it would have to be goal keeper/defender position in a 5 on 5, or the POV would be 3rd person shooting style, where the player see the whole pitch in a goal keeper's position.

Rain affecting the pitch sounds real good, where some goals would not go in due to the mud...etc.

I guess altering the AI, would be nice. I'm hoping you've been playing in the harder levels, but it's true. Maybe switching the AI of the team player depending on the team. Possibly give the system a way to figure out which tactic initially plays, and depending on the transfers, how the style of play would change. But this is just a dream. But speed being a factor can also be affected depending on the league I guess.

Realistic transfers would mean some players are just impossible to buy. But I get your point. Maybe add a "negotiations mode" where you begin to talk back and forth with the other club (much like the interviews from FM 2009 or FIFA games)

You can't really ask for a lot in MM when they would have to squeeze in everything else mentioned above.

kietotheworld

My wishlist
  • Training Mode
  • Implement one of the old Free Kick systems rather than just hit and hope
  • A Classic XI which actually has some of the best players ever in it
  • Indoor mode
  • Those cheats from FIFA 2001, Huge Ball, Penalty Fair, Ball can't go out of play etc.
  • Classic Teams, eg. United 68/99, Brazil 1970s, Arsenal '04 etc.
  • A default Tournament with a group stage, and two legged knockout stage featuring 32 top teams from Europe. Call it the European Champions Cup if there's a licensing issue
  • Sack Martin Tyler and Andy Grey

Basically all the good shit they took out from previous games. The core gameplay has improved immeasurably but the incentives for completing the game, like cheats and extra modes, have been replaced by "50G - Achievement Gained!"

Sounds good.
Looks crap to me...a few minor improvements for £40.

beardsleybob

Indoor pitch in FIFA 98 :drool: me and my mates look back on that and smile.

The orange ball
The diving headers
Fat Ronaldo

Classic

Christofaux

a better be a pro mode,

Where you play a whole career, including champions league etc. and transfers and new regens come in as well.

Posssibly taking you when you finish your career to being a manager.

I would buy a game where this was the only feature.

CptMarvel

Players that don't lose the ball on lobbed through balls.
A scoring system on be a pro that doesn't penalise you just for pressing x when your waiting for a throw in.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
can we get the players to come out of the right tunnel at OT instead of the old tunnel at the south stand? it annoys the feck out of me...

iSparky

feck the gameplay they got it almost perfect last year and if they can manage that then surely they can fix this little problem for us

Jacob

Why would you want indoor? It's rarely used out in the wild.

iSparky

It's almost perfect but it can always be improved.
You play videogames in general not to watch cutscenes :lol:
you wanker why do you seem intent on ruining this for me:(

DC1878

They need to fix the lobbed through balls, where the player watches the ball go past them and spazzes out. They supposedly released a fix a while back, hasn't really helped like

Could make the arena better, like having a choice to put a few defenders in there, a wall for free-kicks and stuff, it gets tedious doing the same thing over and over

Fix the ALS system, some of the stats they come up with are ridiculous, keep it subtle

And make Wes Brown actually look like Wes Brown ffs

GodlovesUnited

My wishlist
  • Training Mode
  • Implement one of the old Free Kick systems rather than just hit and hope
  • A Classic XI which actually has some of the best players ever in it
  • Classic Teams, eg. United 68/99, Brazil 1970s, Arsenal '04 etc.
All of these and in particular fixing the free kick function.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Some good player animations would help too. Especially the finesse shot, chip etc. Also different kind of animations for a same kind of move will be a good.

jim

In most joy
How about making the players do what I actually fecking want them to do.

At least, that's what's prevented me from buying a new football game for the last seven years or so.

Also, the fact that the only good freekick system I've ever used was in This is Football, which was a pretty shit game.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
How about making the players do what I actually fecking want them to do.

At least, that's what's prevented me from buying a new football game for the last seven years or so.

Also, the fact that the only good freekick system I've ever used was in This is Football, which was a pretty shit game.
If they insist...