Gaming Fifa 12

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
Better get new names for the ref's as well..fecking hate Scott McBeanie & the other retards on there.

kps88

I say this every year but I'd love some classic club teams.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
Wazzaroon08 Wayne rooney
@
@yolkie_ filming new tv ad for FIFA 12 end of this month. Trust me this will be best FIFA game ever

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Wazzaroon08 Wayne rooney
@
@yolkie_ filming new tv ad for FIFA 12 end of this month. Trust me this will be best FIFA game ever
To be fair there's no way Rooney would know what the final game will look like at this stage.

beardsleybob

I hope they improve the pitches, or use the ones that they used for WC2010. Only a small detail, but it made that game a fair bit better for me.

Hope they properly test the game before release this time.
I'll volunteer my services!!!

beardsleybob

Sort out Career Mode!
feck Career Mode. I want them getting to the core of the game and fixing defenders that stop running. I don't care about special features, as long as the game plays properly then I'd play friendlies all day

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
So many very easy things you can fix that take very little time to do.

For example, when you create a tournament. Why only have these stupid limited options on team strength. You should be able to pick only 3 star teams, 3-4,5 stars etc.

More international teams. Stop with the limitations!

Offside rule. I've seen it wrong plenty of times.

Career mode, change the fixture thingy. Stupid to have to play 3 games in a week and then there's a 2 week break. Also, not play every game on a Tuesday and league on a sunday. Very easy to fix.

mufcwarm92

Scott McBeanie is a hero. He's horribly lenient so I always sneakily change the ref to him before I play my mates, who then wonder how I don't get sent off for hacking them down last man. Good old Scott.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Fifa 08 at the time was a revolution. It converted the majority of PES fans, including myself. 09 and 10 felt like Beta's. I played 10 at my mates a few weeks ago and it is horrible.

Fifa 11 is excellent, the most realistic yet and in my opinion a big step up from Fifa 10. Yes, it has a few AI problems, also bugs in CM, which aren't really major flaws. You're never going to get a perfect game. I haven't played online since 09, so can't comment on that mode.

Iron out the AI niggles, fix the small problems in CM, add a few new features and I'd happily pay £40.

Biscuit1871

I agree 08 was a revolution. Prior to that I had primarily played PES. But for me 2011 is littered with some major bugs and annoying animations. For example the stupid number of times when the player lets the ball roll under his foot and out of play. Or the terrible AI runs. It's little things that overall make quite a big difference. I genuinely think it's a lot, lot poorer than FIFA WC 2010 and perhaps on parallel with FIFA 2010. Extremely poor game imo, meaning I'm close to converting back to PES. Unfortunately Konami's managed to make a game that is visually stunning, but with worse game play and player animations than they had in 2001.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
Yeah PES 2011 looks great on the eye. I've only played the demo and it feels too stiff/robotic. I'm not sure if they fixed that in the full game, but that is my main gripe with PES and has been since 2008.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
PES 11 is actually loads of fun to play SP. Much better than FIFA.

I mainly play MP though which is why I haven't touched PES for months.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I agree 08 was a revolution. Prior to that I had primarily played PES. But for me 2011 is littered with some major bugs and annoying animations. For example the stupid number of times when the player lets the ball roll under his foot and out of play. Or the terrible AI runs. It's little things that overall make quite a big difference. I genuinely think it's a lot, lot poorer than FIFA WC 2010 and perhaps on parallel with FIFA 2010. Extremely poor game imo, meaning I'm close to converting back to PES. Unfortunately Konami's managed to make a game that is visually stunning, but with worse game play and player animations than they had in 2001.
You're probably just playing with O'Shea.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Looks like they've changed the menu this year, not much else you can get from screens.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They need to get a new dribbling system into place. The ability to manipulate the ball is literally the same as it was years and years ago. These 'trick moves' need to become a peripheral thing that comes off once in awhile but not relied upon.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
They need a new fecking game, instead of plugging the same one they've been plugging for about four years now, complete with the same bugs and same completely broken SP mode.

Fans booing former players, wow...who gives a fecking shit? Sort out the major fecking problems with the gameplay and idiotic bugs first.

Why do I care if United fans boo Tevez, if five seconds later they start chanting "come on Chelsea"?

TheReligion

Abusive
They need a new fecking game, instead of plugging the same one they've been plugging for about four years now, complete with the same bugs and same completely broken SP mode.

Fans booing former players, wow...who gives a fecking shit? Sort out the major fecking problems with the gameplay and idiotic bugs first.

Why do I care if United fans boo Tevez, if five seconds later they start chanting "come on Chelsea"?
:lol:

twitter thread suggester
New video:

The good stuff happens from 5.00 and onwards.

The impact stuff looks great.

Chrisjn

They need to get a new dribbling system into place. The ability to manipulate the ball is literally the same as it was years and years ago. These 'trick moves' need to become a peripheral thing that comes off once in awhile but not relied upon.

Both absoluteley spot on. Getting tired of how excited these developers sound when they tell us things like "managers will be on the side of the pitch" or "the crowd are more realistic."

The only thing I give a feck about is the game, and how it actually plays.

Chrisjn

New video:

The good stuff happens from 5.00 and onwards.

The impact stuff looks great.
Impact stuff looks great, and is infact a massive step forward. Could affect the dribbling etc too.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Too much of that video dedicated to silly collisions, rather than just how much the dribbling and close control has improved. I want Fifa to take a more Messi-esque approach to dribbling in Fifa, rather than the silly Ronaldo-trick based approach whereby unrealistic skills are the only way to get past an opponent and against tough opponents where time and space are limited, they're more often than not.. useless.

In the Old Pro's you could glide past players, shot cancel and weave in and out of oncoming defenders, it felt fluid as if the player was responsive to your every touch, none of the next-gen console games have replicated that feeling for me. The passing has been decent, but running with players has not hit the heights one would've expected by now.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Too much of that video dedicated to silly collisions, rather than just how much the dribbling and close control has improved. I want Fifa to take a more Messi-esque approach to dribbling in Fifa, rather than the silly Ronaldo-trick based approach whereby unrealistic skills are the only way to get past an opponent and against tough opponents where time and space are limited, they're more often than not.. useless.

In the Old Pro's you could glide past players, shot cancel and weave in and out of oncoming defenders, it felt fluid as if the player was responsive to your every touch, none of the next-gen console games have replicated that feeling for me. The passing has been decent, but running with players has not hit the heights one would've expected by now.
You do realise what you're asking for goes against how real football matches are right? I thought Fifa 11 did very well to tighten games up and prevent players from simply dribbling past opponents too easily, the way real life football is.

Chrisjn

Totally agree with this too. It would be better if they could integrate the right analogue stick flick (kick and run) into a more versatile move, allowing you to attack smal lamounts of space without kicking the ball 8 yards in front.

But yes, they need to get this gliding style back, and although it is kind of doable whilst using both left and right triggers and analogue sticks simultaniously, it does feel very arkward.

It is doable, without making the game to much 1 man vs 11 i.e Pro evo of old.