Gaming Fifa 13

Maajid

Formerly Mad
I play manual every once in a while but it just doesn't work as well on the directional buttons (not the analogue stick) which I play with. Has anyone managed to do it successfully?

SirAF

Ageist
I play manual every once in a while but it just doesn't work as well on the directional buttons (not the analogue stick) which I play with. Has anyone managed to do it successfully?

You play with the directional buttons? :eek: How does that work?

JmRssll555

I didn't honestly think it was still possible to play with the D-pad since the introduction of 360 dribbling in FIFA 10 or 11.

It must put you at a disadvantage against someone who's playing with the analogue stick, no?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
No idea why someone would want to play with the D-pad. Also I play manual when I play against my brother, but online it's too much of a hassle. Impossible to find games in division 1 against other manual players, and you are at a huge disadvantage when you play against other assisted players. Much easier to find games playing with assisted controls.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
I didn't honestly think it was still possible to play with the D-pad since the introduction of 360 dribbling in FIFA 10 or 11.

It must put you at a disadvantage against someone who's playing with the analogue stick, no?
I'm division 1 with my second account (bannings etc.) where I regularly beat players who are presumably playing with analogue sticks and aren't novices either. A friend of mine does the same, he's div. 1 as well.

EvilChuck

Just played someone who was using Arsenal in a custom 5-2-3 formation.. which lined up more like a 6-0-4 formation. He had a sweeper, then a back 4, then a deep deep defensive midfielder.... then a gap to Cazorla, behind Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain and Podolski

http://www.ea.com/soccer/profile/match-history/A_Dot_Murkz/PS3

That's the guy's game record, he doesnt concede many, mostly because he has 4 defenders clogging up the central areas, and with Mertesacker being one of them crossing becomes almost impossible as well. Such a frustrating game, finished 1-1

EvilChuck

I took until season 51 to win the H2H seasons division 1, and this weekend I have won it three times in season 57, 58 and 59, as well as a Premier Cup to complete the trophy collection. Division 1 feels easy right now, god bless PSV

Levo

Band of Brothers
Nice little glitch in the game. Just finished my 1st season as be a pro on the single player. Was loaned out to Brentford and finished 6th overall but instead of the play offs it just scheduled another game. So beat Crewe 3-0 who were 12th and it's propelled me to 3rd but with 47 games played. They are around a dozen other teams with 47 games as well.

Ridiculous.

Levo

Band of Brothers
Just returned to my parent club (Derby) to find the whole of the championship have apparently played 73 games, Wolves won the league with 155 points.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Playing online, ball is bouncing as keeper runs out. I press L1 and O to chip, power the bar about halfway as I'm outside the box. Player reaches the ball and chips it about 10cm into the air and 2 feet forwards. What the feck.

EvilChuck

Playing online, ball is bouncing as keeper runs out. I press L1 and O to chip, power the bar about halfway as I'm outside the box. Player reaches the ball and chips it about 10cm into the air and 2 feet forwards. What the feck.

This is ridiculous, the alternative is your player is running on to a bouncing ball inside the 6 yard box and without even holding L1 and just tapping O your player will decide to chip it... over the bar, every fecking time. Ola Toivonen at PSV has done this to me too many times

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
They fecked up the lobbing this year, horrendously, because it got spammed previously.

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Anybody bored and fancy playing an online friendly on xbox live?

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
I'm currently on a 11 match winless streak, and ready to break this useless fecking console if I lose another.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Played a guy in Seasons last night who went 2 - 0 up against me. You could tell he was getting all cocky, standing there with the ball, passing it really slowly in his own half, etc... I got it back to 2 - 2 before half time with a lovely curler. Second half and he made it 3 - 2 and then it changed player right before I slid and I gave away a pointless penalty, 4 - 2 to him. He clearly thought he was better than me. Started doing the same shit, I had a man sent off. 89 minutes I cut inside and made it 4 - 3, from kick-off on 90 mins he tried to mess with me but I stole the ball and broke free on the right, played a neat little ball inside and took a shot, saved by his keeper, rebounded straight to my other striker. Not a great goal but it was glorious smashing it in.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Played a guy in Seasons last night who went 2 - 0 up against me. You could tell he was getting all cocky, standing there with the ball, passing it really slowly in his own half, etc... I got it back to 2 - 2 before half time with a lovely curler. Second half and he made it 3 - 2 and then it changed player right before I slid and I gave away a pointless penalty, 4 - 2 to him. He clearly thought he was better than me. Started doing the same shit, I had a man sent off. 89 minutes I cut inside and made it 4 - 3, from kick-off on 90 mins he tried to mess with me but I stole the ball and broke free on the right, played a neat little ball inside and took a shot, saved by his keeper, rebounded straight to my other striker. Not a great goal but it was glorious smashing it in.

And??!!! Who won?!

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
I've won about 12 games in a row on the 1st division online with United - this works great:

-- Rooney - Carrick

Valencia - Kagawa - Nani

------ Rvp

Valencia, Kagawa and Nani tear teams apart on pace/agility/ability to make runs. Rooney is an absolute monster in midfield. And RVP is just RVP. I also play Smalling with Vidic, he's much quicker than Rio and that takes care of teams who just play with pacy forwards.

Bape

I've won about 12 games in a row on the 1st division online with United - this works great:

-- Rooney - Carrick

Valencia - Kagawa - Nani

------ Rvp

Valencia, Kagawa and Nani tear teams apart on pace/agility/ability to make runs. Rooney is an absolute monster in midfield. And RVP is just RVP. I also play Smalling with Vidic, he's much quicker than Rio and that takes care of teams who just play with pacy forwards.

Kagawa in the hole is so fun to use, his close control, passing ability and agility makes him so hard to defend against.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
I had an identical thing happen. Guy was 4-2 up and was time wasting, passing back and juggling, doing shit little skills. In the 89th and 90th I nicked it off him and scored twice. It was just a tremendous feeling.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

-- Rooney - Carrick

Valencia - Kagawa - Nani

------ Rvp

That's exactly the lineup I've been using for months actually, ever since they downgraded Rooney a bit and upgraded Van Persie. Great to use. Sometimes I put Nani on the right, Kagawa on the left, Van persie in the hole and stick Hernandez up front because he is amazing in this game. Usually do this when I'm chasing the game though.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Anyone in need of cheap wins...Monaco.

You get Falcers, Rodriguez and Moutinho, and you end up playing teams like Parma. Easy win if you know how to press x in the direction of Falcao.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Check the reserves of the teams, some transfers like Madrid and Barcelona ones haven't gone through but City have theirs, we have Zaha, Monaco have theirs

Levo

Band of Brothers
2nd season with Derby and requested a loan, had a few bids bit didn't fancy them. Just about to go to retract the loan bid and Bilbao comes in with a bid! (I'm only 71 rated at the moment) so accept the bid to find it was a permanent bid :lol: oops!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Online friendly anyone? Xbox Live Gamertag: ilocka.

Claymore

The kit clashing online by EA is just pure spastic. On seasons if I'm not playing in the rain then I getting drawn against Madrid or Bayern with the ref in the same kind of dark shirt. Makes it feel awkward to pass around. Shocking from EA, what with the freeze lag thing of 12.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
When people quit because I'm beating them, the main thing that bothers me is that I don't get to see the replays of my goals. Scored some great ones and then the bastard has quit.

Ash_G

I've only played UT from this season, and dropped in and out, recently got back in to it and won div 1 a few times, but it's weird the better my teams got the more I've started to feel screwed over. There's some games where it's literally like my players are being held back by something, and the passing goes all over the place. Has anyone else come across this? Doesn't feel like lag, as the picture runs smoothly, just like the players have suddenly become rubbish.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Looking at the highlights of a game, it's got one of a shit cross that floated straight into the keeper's hands, but not the one of Vertonghen turning on a sixpence and smashing in a daisycutter from outside the box. fecking game.

Ash_G

I've never been a fan of people watching replays, fair enough if its a scorcher I can sort if understand but anything else just annoys me, same with ppl who watch the line ups etc, always feel that that should be changed to be something you automatically skip unless both people want to watch it, rather than now where if one guy wants to take ages to start a game. Same with people pausing. I was a couple of goals up on someone and he paused the game for the full time allowed, 3 or 4 times in a row before he kicked off, and this was 90th min with him 2 goals down, definitely think there should be a time gap between pausing.

Ash_G

Ah ok, yeah not sure why they can't keep the screen up for you when the other guy quits.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I've never been a fan of people watching replays, fair enough if its a scorcher I can sort if understand but anything else just annoys me, same with ppl who watch the line ups etc, always feel that that should be changed to be something you automatically skip unless both people want to watch it, rather than now where if one guy wants to take ages to start a game. Same with people pausing. I was a couple of goals up on someone and he paused the game for the full time allowed, 3 or 4 times in a row before he kicked off, and this was 90th min with him 2 goals down, definitely think there should be a time gap between pausing.

Replays, I agree, unless it's a great goal. I can appreciate a tidy goal even if I've conceded it, but otherwise - skip it.

Line-ups though, I watch them. I like to see how they've lined their team up and who I am up against. I think it'd be good if FIFA just showed them alot quicker, or at least just put them on the loading screen before all the pre kickoff presentation stuff so it doesn't drag.

Ash_G

Replays, I agree, unless it's a great goal. I can appreciate a tidy goal even if I've conceded it, but otherwise - skip it.

Line-ups though, I watch them. I like to see how they've lined their team up and who I am up against. I think it'd be good if FIFA just showed them alot quicker, or at least just put them on the loading screen before all the pre kickoff presentation stuff so it doesn't drag.

Yeah I agree it's good to see how they've lined up by I always find its very predictable in the normal online mode, maybe a few differences with say Real in where Ronaldo is, but mostly something you can judge in the game. In UT you get that preview whilst the game is loading. But yeah I guess a quicker version would be a middle ground.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Line-ups take the piss to show up in the intro, if you really wanna see them, just pause the game at the start and go into player ratings