Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

izec

Rodriguez is better with passing, shooting, free kick. But that is not super important for an LB.

Sandro is better at everything a fullback needs to be good at and is a beast defensively. Rodriguez seems like a usual fullback compared to Sandro

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Would i be right in thinking that if i could grab a few 83 rated players for under 2k i would be able to make a mint on them, thats if the TOTY sbc event is like the other big sbc events with the totw sbc's

Levo

Band of Brothers
Would i be right in thinking that if i could grab a few 83 rated players for under 2k i would be able to make a mint on them, thats if the TOTY sbc event is like the other big sbc events with the totw sbc's
Can’t see them doing it for the TOTY with such low cards as 83. Think you’ll be looking more 85+ at least with how much they’ll be worth regardless of whether they are tradeable or not.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
Can’t see them doing it for the TOTY with such low cards as 83. Think you’ll be looking more 85+ at least with how much they’ll be worth regardless of whether they are tradeable or not.
It would be 87+ for a TOTY sbc, but do ya thing they will do the usual TOTW sbc during this as well

Levo

Band of Brothers
Possibility, I usually see what the prominent youtubers are saying. Nepenthez, Patch, LE96Z etc.

Eriku

I'm having such a hard time not opening my sixty packs right now! I wonder what the ratio of people opening will be, and whether I'd stand more of a chance today.

Eriku

The weekend is when all of the TOTY will be in packs as well as what should be a better TOTW
Yeah, I know. Just wondering if the amounts opened then will mean I'm competing with more people for as many. I wish we had some idea about the algorithm.

Redo91

Having an issue using my Squad Fitness consumables. Basically when I pack them I obviosuly send them to my consumables pile if I don't need them immediately. However, when I try to apply a consumable to my players under the Fitness items the only consumables listed are the individual ones. When I searched my club I found that I had ten squad fitness items in my consumable pile but I only have the option to sell them. Has anyone had this problem before?

Mihai

@Levo Thanks for the advice. Sandro is a tank. Made the left flank his in a 41212 narrow formation.

Levo

Band of Brothers
No worries, what does he go for now? Cost me 100k but well Worth it.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Having an issue using my Squad Fitness consumables. Basically when I pack them I obviosuly send them to my consumables pile if I don't need them immediately. However, when I try to apply a consumable to my players under the Fitness items the only consumables listed are the individual ones. When I searched my club I found that I had ten squad fitness items in my consumable pile but I only have the option to sell them. Has anyone had this problem before?
You can't use squad fitness cards by going into a player and try to apply it there. Press triangle/Y when you're in the squad screen and there should be a button that says something like 'apply squad consumables'

Red Stone

Fecking hell, the TOTY cards for Ramos and Marcelo look amazing.

I'm going to buy them both and play them in midfield.

Redo91

You can't use squad fitness cards by going into a player and try to apply it there. Press triangle/Y when you're in the squad screen and there should be a button that says something like 'apply squad consumables'
Cheers. Will give that a go this evening.

On another note does anyone know if FIFA still do the player upgrades in the New Year. I remember them doing it previous years where players would be given a brand new card.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Cheers. Will give that a go this evening.

On another note does anyone know if FIFA still do the player upgrades in the New Year. I remember them doing it previous years where players would be given a brand new card.
Yeah they do that every year. Doubt we'll see them before february though. Last year they were released mid to late february. There will probably be both up- and downgrades.

EvilChuck

Been out of the game for a few weeks. Couldnt be arsed with it, but now I come back and play like absolute shit. 'Upgraded' my team to a Serie A side, but it feels worse than my Eredivisie/ligue 1/ Liga Nos side did, which i know is down to me playing bad but still its frustrating.

89 Handanovic

Florenzi
87 Benatia
86 Koulibaly
Sandro

83 Milinkovic Savic
83 Allan
87 Pjanic

Scream Perisic

87 Icardi
86 Immobile

I'm holding D1 atm, usually on the last game. Last 3 seasons have all finished 5-1-4, i just lack the consistency to put a run together. I either smash someone 3/4-0, or get smashed by the same score

Macern

Pee pee pants
Been out of the game for a few weeks. Couldnt be arsed with it, but now I come back and play like absolute shit. 'Upgraded' my team to a Serie A side, but it feels worse than my Eredivisie/ligue 1/ Liga Nos side did, which i know is down to me playing bad but still its frustrating.

89 Handanovic

Florenzi
87 Benatia
86 Koulibaly
Sandro

83 Milinkovic Savic
83 Allan
87 Pjanic

Scream Perisic

87 Icardi
86 Immobile

I'm holding D1 atm, usually on the last game. Last 3 seasons have all finished 5-1-4, i just lack the consistency to put a run together. I either smash someone 3/4-0, or get smashed by the same score
I’d switch to PL if I were you. Or make a hybrid. Calcio A is only good for defense imo.

EvilChuck

I’d switch to PL if I were you. Or make a hybrid. Calcio A is only good for defense imo.
The front 3 are amazing, Perisic and Immobile were 2 of my favourites last year as well, and Icardi has really surprised me (particularly heading, he seems to beat literally everyone if you cross it).

The defense is good too, but i think the midfield is where i let myself down. They are all decent midfielders when i have time on the ball, but more often in the tight games where people are closing down aggressively none of them seem to have the strength to keep the ball, or win it back.

I think all 3 might have to go, and a Matuidi/Khedira/Naingolan trio will come into play instead

Macern

Pee pee pants
The front 3 are amazing, Perisic and Immobile were 2 of my favourites last year as well, and Icardi has really surprised me (particularly heading, he seems to beat literally everyone if you cross it).

The defense is good too, but i think the midfield is where i let myself down. They are all decent midfielders when i have time on the ball, but more often in the tight games where people are closing down aggressively none of them seem to have the strength to keep the ball, or win it back.

I think all 3 might have to go, and a Matuidi/Khedira/Naingolan trio will come into play instead
I don't get people who use the likes of Icardi etc. Strikers who excel at heading first and foremost. I mean, surely it can't be very effective to rely on crossing in this game as the goalkeepers catch almost every cross?

I do exploit crossing but only for my wingers as I've got Ronaldo and Bale, and both of them, particularly Ronaldo, beat pretty much every side back (or even CB's) in headers.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Icardi has always been probably my favourite fifa striker. Finishes everything and his heading is ridiculously good and one of the only cards where I notice his aggression in the air.

bosnian_red

I don't get people who use the likes of Icardi etc. Strikers who excel at heading first and foremost. I mean, surely it can't be very effective to rely on crossing in this game as the goalkeepers catch almost every cross?

I do exploit crossing but only for my wingers as I've got Ronaldo and Bale, and both of them, particularly Ronaldo, beat pretty much every side back (or even CB's) in headers.
Thing with Icardi is he's pretty fast (faster then his stats say), strong, has good balance and good agility, especially with the right chemistry. His third inform last year was ridiculously good and his second this year the same. Feels like his finishing on his right foot is broken as well. Weak foot nothing great and not much skills but he's really balanced with his finishing and heading being stand out. It's not even using heading as a gameplan, he just surprises you when you use him how he wins most headers anywhere on the pitch.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Thing with Icardi is he's pretty fast (faster then his stats say), strong, has good balance and good agility, especially with the right chemistry. His third inform last year was ridiculously good and his second this year the same. Feels like his finishing on his right foot is broken as well. Weak foot nothing great and not much skills but he's really balanced with his finishing and heading being stand out. It's not even using heading as a gameplan, he just surprises you when you use him how he wins most headers anywhere on the pitch.
Gotcha. Makes sense then

EvilChuck

Basically what Bosnian Red said, its not about trying to exploit crosses, its just that they work so well with him in the team. Its an extra dimension to attack from, and he is a beast at corners too

bosnian_red

Sold the Messi I had in anticipation for Alexis Sanchez OTW. Hopefully he's less then 750k (going to be a lw card and his 2if is less then 500k so slight hope). More likely he'll be close to 1mil though.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Haven’t bothered playing for a couple weeks, just can’t be arsed with teams worth millions on park the bus. Would rather spend 2k on whores and coke than put it in this piece of shit game chasing the dragon.

40 games a week for a raffle ticket is bollocks. Die EA, burn and die.