Gaming FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Haven’t bothered playing for a couple weeks, just can’t be arsed with teams worth millions on park the bus. Would rather spend 2k on whores and coke than put it in this piece of shit game chasing the dragon.

40 games a week for a raffle ticket is bollocks. Die EA, burn and die.
:lol: we've all been there buddy.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I gave up 5 games into the weekend league last Sunday. I was facing some ridiculous teams. Then I finally got a team comparable to mine and the momentum went batshit. I went 4-1 by half time, lost 5-4. It's really hard to get excited about a game that obviously helps/hinders you at random times, totally out of your control.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Can anybody enlighten me on single player draft mode? Its 15k coins, is it worth it? Says you get packs and coins for win streaks but i have no idea other than that.

pascell

Can anybody enlighten me on single player draft mode? Its 15k coins, is it worth it? Says you get packs and coins for win streaks but i have no idea other than that.
The game gives you 5 formations to choose from which you stick to for the 4 games (if you get that far). It then gives you a selection of 6 players to choose from for each position. I wouldn't advise doing it unless you're not too fussed about the coins, the rewards aren't great and the pack weight isn't good at all.

Nanook

The rewards are shit and you’ll probably lose coins even if you win it but it does give you the chance to play with some of the best players in the game. For some bizarre reason single player draft rewards are no different whether you win it on the hardest difficulty or lowest.

Online draft rewards are better but it’s harder to win against real people than the computer. You might get better rewards if you win two games online than if you win all four on the single player draft.

If you don’t care about losing a few thousand coins and want to try the best players in the game do the online draft. If you lose the first game of the online draft you’ll probably lose about 10 or 11,000 though.

izec

I have lost in the 4th game on penalties in the online draft the last time i played and got only a premium gold pack and a gold pack, worth 12.5k and i paid 15k for the online draft :wenger:

The rewards are normally useless, even if you win all 4 games, you get feck all most of the time. Never pulled anything worth more than 50k or special cards. Usually you get some decent players and thats it. Not worth the effort, you can do it at times for fun and try out some nice special cards/icons

iammemphis

Cool thanks guys. Yeh sounds similar to squad builders, where ive spent agood half hour doing a challenge to get a pack that only gives me a player i could have bought for 1k haha.

Redo91

Yeah they do that every year. Doubt we'll see them before february though. Last year they were released mid to late february. There will probably be both up- and downgrades.
Thanks! It's a while since I've played Ultimate Team so wasn't see if the upgrades were still a thing.

EvilChuck

On the whole I am happy with my serie a side in attack, but defensively there is something still not right. I changed the midfield from Pjanic/Allan/SMS to Naingolan/Khedira/Matuidi and they are a much more solid trio, but I feel like IF Koulibaly is a bit of a liability. I always seem to concede goals from whatever side of the defence I have him on, so now I am thinking Chiellini may be a better option (his workrates are l/h compared to h/h on Koulibaly).

Anyone used Chiellini and can confirm my suspicion that he is far better defensively than Koulibaly?

Painer

Yup he's a monster for me. Him and Sandro covering the left side are fantastic.

iammemphis

I saw someone mention the weekend is potentially a better time to buy packs for TOTY cards, if that is the case then does friday night count as the weekend? Or is Saturday/Sunday as expected?

Baxter

Just checked my monthly record having only played a few games over a couple of weeks. I’ve played 20 and won 19 :lol:.

Should try and play the whole weekend again.

Baxter

What's your best WL record?
29 with a couple spare if I remember. Think I’ve only played 2 full weekends.

Amazing how much easier the game is when you don’t care, you’re not hungover and not forcing yourself to play :lol:

Can’t find the time anymore. Rarely get past 8/9 wins usually.

Macern

Pee pee pants
29 with a couple spare if I remember. Think I’ve only played 2 full weekends.

Amazing how much easier the game is when you don’t care, you’re not hungover and not forcing yourself to play :lol:
Haha yeah, stuff like that can have a lot of impact

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Saw there was ultimate packs (30 rare players). Had 750k coins so bought 2 of them. One of them the highest, the highest was a 82 :lol:. 2nd had iniesta then a bunch of 83 and a few lower. But the first one was a joke

Levo

Band of Brothers
Packed baby Litmanen and TOTY Bonucci in successive packs thanks to them.

Eddy_JukeZ

Saw there was ultimate packs (30 rare players). Had 750k coins so bought 2 of them. One of them the highest, the highest was a 82 :lol:. 2nd had iniesta then a bunch of 83 and a few lower. But the first one was a joke
Never buy those with coins honestly.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Never buy those with coins honestly.
Yeah I never really do, just figured since I don't play much and I already have 3 pretty set teams that I'd go for it. Just left myself enough coins to get Pogba. Before was planning on getting Sanchez OTW but feck it, he probably would've been around 1mil anyway.

Xeno

On the whole I am happy with my serie a side in attack, but defensively there is something still not right. I changed the midfield from Pjanic/Allan/SMS to Naingolan/Khedira/Matuidi and they are a much more solid trio, but I feel like IF Koulibaly is a bit of a liability. I always seem to concede goals from whatever side of the defence I have him on, so now I am thinking Chiellini may be a better option (his workrates are l/h compared to h/h on Koulibaly).

Anyone used Chiellini and can confirm my suspicion that he is far better defensively than Koulibaly?
From the other side of the fence, I don’t worry scoring vs Chiellini but IF Kouli usually shuts me down, he’s a beast.

2 man midfield

Anyone else do the bronze pack method? Sold some gems for between 600-900 coins but lumbered with a lot of shite.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I'm on 330k and been wanting Pogba since the game came out, is he worth the wait?
He is brilliant and comfortably one of the best CMs in the game, but for the position/role he took up in my midfield I found SIF Mooy to be much better value for money + superior defensive stats (I play 41212 narrow).

If I had the coins to spare though I’d have kept Pogs, SIF Mooy and Bakayoko behind CAM. Got Eriksen in that LCM spot atm.

pascell

He is brilliant and comfortably one of the best CMs in the game, but for the position/role he took up in my midfield I found SIF Mooy to be much better value for money + superior defensive stats (I play 41212 narrow).

If I had the coins to spare though I’d have kept Pogs, SIF Mooy and Bakayoko behind CAM. Got Eriksen in that LCM spot atm.
Thanks for the info! I only play squad battles and I play 4-3-2-1. I've got bakayoko, rui costa and Cazorla in cm atm but want to upgrade Cazorla to Pogba and then get Martial, Griezmann and Dembele up top when I've said enough, then possibly Kante. I think I'll get Pogba and give him a try, think he'll do well with the tactics I use

padr81

Supports
Man City
Anyone else do the bronze pack method? Sold some gems for between 600-900 coins but lumbered with a lot of shite.
Bpm requires patience plus a constantly full 100 item list imho. The gems are handy but all those 200's add up from listing every single player whose not got value at 200. The web/phone app is a must imho to relist every hour when away from game.

2 man midfield

Bpm requires patience plus a constantly full 100 item list imho. The gems are handy but all those 200's add up from listing every single player whose not got value at 200. The web/phone app is a must imho to relist every hour when away from game.
Yeah I've found the same. Manage to shift 4 or 5 each time I relist but it's a slow burner.

the hea

Playing my first weekend league this weekend and I can't understand how anyone is able to play all the 40 games every weekend. I have played 19 games so far and it feels like I have done nothing but played Fifa so far this weekend.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Playing my first weekend league this weekend and I can't understand how anyone is able to play all the 40 games every weekend. I have played 19 games so far and it feels like I have done nothing but played Fifa so far this weekend.
I just sit down, get some coffee, turn on some nice music and just start playing. I can do 20-30 games in one session, with a few breaks in between.

Macern

Pee pee pants
@Eddy_JukeZ is it a new code for people with hyper-teams to wait like 10 seconds before hitting 'play' on the last screen in the matchmaking? I've been up twice against someone who have done this and they've both had teams worth 10-30mil

Macern

Pee pee pants
Lost my first game this weekend. I just wasn't prepared. I've done all right after that, 9-1 so far. Had to go to extra time in one of the games. I'm not in good enough form to hit top 100 but elite 1 should be doable.

Eddy_JukeZ

@Eddy_JukeZ is it a new code for people with hyper-teams to wait like 10 seconds before hitting 'play' on the last screen in the matchmaking? I've been up twice against someone who have done this and they've both had teams worth 10-30mil
Not sure. Might be coincidental.

the hea

I just sit down, get some coffee, turn on some nice music and just start playing. I can do 20-30 games in one session, with a few breaks in between.
I guess it's easier if your good at game and get some easy games every now and then. For me almost every game has been a struggle and have been a 1 goal win or loss.

Macern

Pee pee pants
I guess it's easier if your good at game and get some easy games every now and then. For me almost every game has been a struggle and have been a 1 goal win or loss.
Yeah it's probably a lot harder if every game is a proper battle. Some games I can win without having to concentrate properly which makes it easier. Also, some games can be very quick, if I'm up 3-0 or 4-0 early then most people will quit then.

In your case I'd try to at least finish one weekend. You just need to be prepared to invest the entire weekend into it I guess, so planning it ahead would be a sensible thing to do. Do 10 games on the friday, 15 on saturday and 15 on sunday. Maybe 2 sessions on friday, three on saturday and sunday. That'll be 5 games each session and it should be more doable with a structure like that.

It's really worth it even if you can only do it once. The rewards you'll get will probably take your team to another level :)

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Packs were fecking garbage, IF James somewhat salvaged it.

Built this team, any thoughts?

padr81

Supports
Man City
I done it for one month and pretty much gave up because of this. seemed like my whole weekend was trying to force out enough games for 18 wins (which was 34-40 games). Soon as I got my monthly rewards I was like "not doing that again". For average players I think the game is a slog because as macern said there are take it easy moments for good players, where they can chill, for us average players every game requires your best and its too draining imho not worth it. Funny thing is if I was getting 18 wins in 30 or so games I'd manage it easy enough which is quite possible with the rub on of the green but I always seem to lose the 50-50 matches that I don't dominate.

EvilChuck

I am shit at fifa. The only players i have enjoyed all fifa so far is IF Lozano, IF Locadia, IF Icardi and Sream Perisic

If someone builds a team around them on 10 chem i am done