Gaming Fifa 2009

zain

Believe
Erm alright,,,how does someone Join a league on the xbox?
I've played a lot of FIFA but never been part of a league etc?

my gamertag is fer0ze17

(brother is playing with the gamertag now but i might be on later)

Maajid

Formerly Mad
Xbox Live - Online Game Modes - Online Leagues.

Number7 said:
What's the name and password of the league and I'll join after I finish this match...
Mad said:
Alright, created a league.. it's called Redcafe and the password is thecaf - join caftards, i'm bored as feck

Cina

Ronaldo is still ridiculously good on this game.
Yup.

Man Utd are mental if you go 4-3-3 with him up front.

I use

VDS
Hargreaves Ferdinand Vidic Evra
---- Berbatov Scholes Carrick -----
---Rooney -------------- Tevez
------------- Ronaldo ------------

and I'm annihilating people now. Once you get Ronaldo clean through or at least running at one or two players you're nearly guaranteed a goal.

zain

Believe
Yup.

I use

VDS

and I'm annihilating people now. Once you get Ronaldo clean through or at least running at one or two players you're nearly guaranteed a goal.
Why would you be playing Berbatov in midfield

more importantly, why would you still be playing with Ronaldo and Tevez for United?!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yup.

I use

VDS

I think I hate you.

Cina

Don't see the problem. If the tactic works then use it. I had no problems beating lots of people with the normal Utd formation, and I regularly play as slightly weaker teams like Villa, Werder Bremen, Athletico.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The tactic you posted is lame and requires little skill though. I wouldn't find it fun at all.

I get the feeling I'm the only person who isn't hell bent on winning every game no matter what. I play it for the fun.

zain

Believe
Don't see the problem. If the tactic works then use it. I had no problems beating lots of people with the normal Utd formation, and I regularly play as slightly weaker teams like Villa, Werder Bremen, Athletico.
You don't see the problem of playing with players who have left United, just because those players are good in the game?

Cina

The tactic you posted is lame and requires little skill though. I wouldn't find it fun at all.

I get the feeling I'm the only person who isn't hell bent on winning every game no matter what. I play it for the fun.
Of course it does. I always play high ranked opponents and a lot of them know how to deal with it. I usually have no problems dealing with people who use it. Once you nullify Ronaldo it's not really an issue. I mainly use it because I prefer the 4-3-3, it gives you more passing options and 1-2s, and a more stable defense. Therefore I find it more fun. Generally I score far more outrageous goals using it. 4 -4 - 2 just seems a bit monotonous to me.

zain

Believe

TBH, i've no problems with the sort of tactics people employ..however I do with the personnel..

Besides, i've mentioned time and time again, so much more fun beating the likes of Barca and Inter with a team like Reading or Cardiff, or heck, even Acrington Stanley!

What's the fun in beating teams with Ronaldo and Tevez upfront...lame.

Cina

TBH, i've no problems with the sort of tactics people employ..however I do with the personnel..

Besides, i've mentioned time and time again, so much more fun beating the likes of Barca and Inter with a team like Reading or Cardiff, or heck, even Acrington Stanley!

What's the fun in beating teams with Ronaldo and Tevez upfront...lame.
Oh please, don't talk shit, they'd have to be shockingly bad at the game for that to happen.

If someone wants to play me with a lower rated team I'll happily do it, infact I often try to play people with 2 - 3 star teams, but the majority of them just stick to Barca or Inter or Utd so I can't really. I do still play them with a 4 star team though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I actually did beat a Barca player with Accrington Stanley once. 2 - 0. Yes he was very bad at the game. My goals were well crafted though.

zain

Believe
Oh please, don't talk shit, they'd have to be shockingly bad at the game for that to happen.

If someone wants to play me with a lower rated team I'll happily do it, infact I often try to play people with 2 - 3 star teams, but the majority of them just stick to Barca or Inter or Utd so I can't really. I do still play them with a 4 star team though.

You don't have to be shockingly bad at all to lose to Acrington Stanley..it majorly depends on the type of tactics you apply when you are a weaker team and play against the big sides....

For example whenever I'm a championship team or division 1 club and playing against the likes of Barca/Inter (i don't play against United as I just can't bear doing it), you've gotta play a very very deep line, not commit players and get sucked into the passing, and make the game as physical, scrappy as possible and try hitting the team on the break with balls over the top and wide.

Tactics and variation are a major major part of the game and seem to be underrated by players who play the game online..

Again, why would you want to play with Tevez and Ronaldo at United is what I don't get....

btw cina, what's your gamertag ? (i'm presuming you've got the xbox?)
Might add you if you do?

Cina

I'm PS3 I'm afraid. A shame, I'd much prefer to play with folks like you than all these drivelly like chav shits who disconnect once they go 2 down, and then send you a message going "u gt lucky play me again faggot"

Why would I play them again when they just disconnected?

Biscuit1871

Cina, i really do hate people like you. People who just play as either Inter, Baca or United. Its pathetic; and the Ronaldo up front tactic is especially sad, more so that he doesn't even play for fecking United now.

I tend to play as either Porto, Spurs, Reading or Arsenal. I actually sometimes play best with Reading, as you have to really concentrate and craft the play, rather than just using an exceptionally fast player, i.e Ronaldo, and just running with him.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Gunna join this league in a min. Might have time to squeeze in a game or 2 before i have a real life football match :)

zain

Believe
I'm PS3 I'm afraid. A shame, I'd much prefer to play with folks like you than all these drivelly like chav shits who disconnect once they go 2 down, and then send you a message going "u gt lucky play me again faggot"

Why would I play them again when they just disconnected?

Ouch..yeah, get quite a few of those online..

How I respond to them is usually "yeah you're right...was pretty lucky..good game..another game perhaps?""

and then beat them again...whilst doing the "finger on your lips" and "i can't hear you anymore" celebration after every goal :D

Cina

Cina, i really do hate people like you. People who just play as either Inter, Baca or United. Its pathetic; and the Ronaldo up front tactic is especially sad, more so that he doesn't even play for fecking United now.

I tend to play as either Porto, Spurs, Reading or Arsenal. I actually sometimes play best with Reading, as you have to really concentrate and craft the play, rather than just using an exceptionally fast player, i.e Ronaldo, and just running with him.
Jesus Christ, read my other posts. I literally play 1 in every 5 games with that.

zain

Believe
Gunna join this league in a min. Might have time to squeeze in a game or 2 before i have a real life football match :)

Alright..i'm coming online then to play you since i've never played you!

Not slept in over 24 hours, and fighting my sleep..so you better make it worth my time!

gamertag fer0ze17

Cina

Ouch..yeah, get quite a few of those online..

How I respond to them is usually "yeah you're right...was pretty lucky..good game..another game perhaps?""

and then beat them again...whilst doing the "finger on your lips" and "i can't hear you anymore" celebration after every goal :D
Heh, I'm actually fed up of celebrations now, I never do them unless I get twats who do the longest celebrations possible to me when I score, to which I reply by just running around their keeper in a circle.

Carl

Alright..i'm coming online then to play you since i've never played you!

Not slept in over 24 hours, and fighting my sleep..so you better make it worth my time!

gamertag fer0ze17
I know you're gamertag, we've been "friends" for ages :lol:

Carl

Good game that Zain :)

(im now in a different room btw so if you're trying to rematch me i'm not being ignorant)

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Was just beating a guy 1 - 0. He quits in the first half and messages me 'your shit'.

:confused:

Carl

Was just beating a guy 1 - 0. He quits in the first half and messages me 'your shit'.

:confused:
:lol: I've had that before. Then i messaged him saying whatever mate and he friend requested me :confused: I rejected it and said i don't accept requests from quitters and he voice messaged me saying "look, it's coz you're really good and i hate my life" :confused:

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player

I am the same as you mate, I play as Gremio or Port St Alegre

never care if I lose, as long as I have given them a scare or 2, regularly score a couple but concede three, but it is all good fun

Carl

Heh, I'm actually fed up of celebrations now, I never do them unless I get twats who do the longest celebrations possible to me when I score, to which I reply by just running around their keeper in a circle.
:lol: i do that. If they score first and mug the celebrations i make sure i celebrate all the goals i score by running down the touchline cupping my ear then doing the robot on the halfway line :D

Takes fecking aaaaaaaaaaaaaaages :D

zain

Believe
Good game that Zain :)

(im now in a different room btw so if you're trying to rematch me i'm not being ignorant)

feckin hell ..you're good!!
Totally raped me there..

Alright, I've got a gripe about this online league! And this is in noway me making excuses for the 2 defeats i've just had, cause both you guys are bloody good and would have beaten me newayz..

Just that none of the players I thought Cardiff had actually are in Cardiff in the online league strangely enough..

I mean when I play ranked matches, they always have that Quincy Owusu fellow, and Michael Chopra who are my main strikers... but NONE of those 2 were there when I played my online league games. Anyone have any idea why? So used to playing to their strengths (Chopra's ability in the hair and Quincy's pace)...?

Reckon I've made a mistake choosing Cardiff as none of the wingers I usually play with were there in the squad for the online league too, really strange....It's like I hardly know any of the players..I'm stuck with Borthroyd and Eddie Johnson upfront..lol..oh well..

I'm pretty sure there's noway I can change my team to someone like Reading or something else midway through the league right? if so when's the next time I'll be able to change my team?

Not sure who I just lost to in the online league, forgotten the username..you were Chelsea and beat me 3-2? Whoever you were, bloody good game, Absolutely pissed all over me in that :(

Carl

feckin hell ..you're good!!
Totally raped me there..

Alright, I've got a gripe about this online league! And this is in noway me making excuses for the 2 defeats i've just had, cause both you guys are bloody good and would have beaten me newayz..

Just that none of the players I thought Cardiff had actually are in Cardiff in the online league strangely enough..

I mean when I play ranked matches, they always have that Quincy Owusu fellow, and Michael Chopra who are my main strikers... but NONE of those 2 were there when I played my online league games. Anyone have any idea why? So used to playing to their strengths (Chopra's ability in the hair and Quincy's pace)...?

Reckon I've made a mistake choosing Cardiff as none of the wingers I usually play with were there in the squad for the online league too, really strange....It's like I hardly know any of the players..I'm stuck with Borthroyd and Eddie Johnson upfront..lol..oh well..

I'm pretty sure there's noway I can change my team to someone like Reading or something else midway through the league right? if so when's the next time I'll be able to change my team?

Not sure who I just lost to in the online league, forgotten the username..you were Chelsea and beat me 3-2? Whoever you were, bloody good game, Absolutely pissed all over me in that :(
Only 3-2 and he was Chelsea? Decent effort that.

As for the squad, i noticed a warning come up when i selected the league, something to do with resetting all the team squads or something. So basically the players that were updated in the transfer patch after Jan are at the clubs they were at at the start of the season. I had Given at Newcastle for instance.

zain

Believe
Only 3-2 and he was Chelsea? Decent effort that.

As for the squad, i noticed a warning come up when i selected the league, something to do with resetting all the team squads or something. So basically the players that were updated in the transfer patch after Jan are at the clubs they were at at the start of the season. I had Given at Newcastle for instance.

oh man.....Now that's absolute shit shit for me..lol..

So basically at no moment in time can i switch teams from now on ?

Maajid

Formerly Mad
I believe the Adidas Live season updates (player transfers/stats) do not apply to the online leagues, just ranked matches etc.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
oh man.....Now that's absolute shit shit for me..lol..

So basically at no moment in time can i switch teams from now on ?
Haha you and I both. The nuts 00, whoever he was, beat me 4-1 in the online league and I returned the favour by giving him a nice 10-0 in the ranked match section :lol: