Gaming Fifa 2009

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I played some lad that was ranked 93rd in the World last night and he is the José Mourinho of Fifa.

He had devised him own tactic which was basically

GK
RB CB CB CB LB
DM DM

RS CS LS​

And his 3 strikers were fast as feck.

He was impossible to break down and he used his rapid 3 strikers to make openings against me.

He won 2-0.

cnut.

PeteReDevil

iPete
I played some lad that was ranked 93rd in the World last night and he is the José Mourinho of Fifa.

GK
RB CB CB CB LB
DM DM

RS CS LS​

He was impossible to break down and he used his rapid 3 strikers to make openings against me.

He won 2-0.

cnut.
Looks like my formation next time my mates come over to play fifa.

Biscuit1871

How the feck did that work, he had no attacking or central midfielders and no wingers....

Carl

Looks like my formation next time my mates come over to play fifa.
How the feck did that work, he had no attacking or central midfielders and no wingers....
I just tried it and i won 4-0 and he didnt even have a shot all game. I didn't even have to take a goal kick or anything.

I was Wigan he was Toulouse. I just did what the guy i played did against me, had 3 pacey(ish) strikers and played nice passing football between them 3 and the rest of my team just watched on and broke up every attack that came its way.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I just tried it and i won 4-0 and he didnt even have a shot all game. I didn't even have to take a goal kick or anything.

I was Wigan he was Toulouse. I just did what the guy i played did against me, had 3 pacey(ish) strikers and played nice passing football between them 3 and the rest of my team just watched on and broke up every attack that came its way.
Yeh, it does work wonders but i absolutely hate it when online gamers use it, the whole enjoyment factor goes away when that formation is played by either of the opponents.

Biscuit1871

I bet using the formation, with Ronaldo Tevez and Rooney as the leading line, is unplayable.

Biscuit1871

Could never be arsed to consistently play like that. How do you find out your ranking?

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Could never be arsed to consistently play like that. How do you find out your ranking?
You can either go to your hub or alternatively go to a lobby and if your ranked it will display itself on the left hand side on PS3, will be scrolling through some other stats as well though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

GK
RB CB CB CB LB
DM DM

RS CS LS​

He won 2-0.

cnut.
I just tried this out, was largely outplayed for most of the game but the sheer amount of players back helped me defend. Scored a goal on the counter after 74 minutes and he quit instantly.

I feel like a cnut :lol:

Carl

Yeh, it does work wonders but i absolutely hate it when online gamers use it, the whole enjoyment factor goes away when that formation is played by either of the opponents.
Agree.

I bet using the formation, with Ronaldo Tevez and Rooney as the leading line, is unplayable.
Correct.

Yep and those high ranked idiots up to 100th do it as far as i am aware of, they are shit though all they seem to do is 1-2s, RONNIE - Goal!
Yup. Very annoying.

I just tried this out, was largely outplayed for most of the game but the sheer amount of players back helped me defend. Scored a goal on the counter after 74 minutes and he quit instantly.

I feel like a cnut :lol:
That's how i won too :lol:

Did it a couple of times to see if it worked and i havent done it since, gone back to my trusty 4-4-2 now :D

VoetbalWizard

GK
RB CB CB CB LB
DM DM

RS CS LS​

He won 2-0.

cnut.
this works really fecking well.

Ekeke

Just seen the weirdest thing.

Go to transfers and type in the name "Olsen".

Look at the bottom of the list of players, and there is a goalkeeper with an overall rating of 0. He plays for "Teamname Abbr15-1" and if you click the right stick to look at his stats, he has minus values for most things... But he also has 432 for crossing, which makes Beckham's 90-something look weak.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
You know every now and then you score a goal you didn't think was possible within the laws of the game? Like how every single volley headed out from a corner in fifa 08 would always go wildly over like it was scripted to. Just scored a superb goal, deep cross from the left which went over everyone and there was my winger right on the side of the box who lashed in a first time volley back where it came from. Looked class.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
FFS! 2 ranked games and 2 people quitting on me as soo as I hit 2-0. KNOBHEADS!

DanY2J

When will the ever sort the advantage rule out! How they could release the game without that fixed is beyond me...

Christofaux

I am sick of this ratings bullshit.

tottenham had nothing and somehow all their CB are positive. Gomez is considered a god among men.

Its not like its fecken hard to get one person to watch each game and give them the appropriate arrow, they dont even edit individual stats just have default buffs and debuffs. Cant believe people would pay for more then one league.

Carl

When will the ever sort the advantage rule out! How they could release the game without that fixed is beyond me...
It was more of an issue before the patch, since the patch i barely notice it anymore.

Retirantmobs

Stokke Stalker - smells of fish
You still get the win though so what's the big deal?
Because whats the point in playing if you're going to give up? Defeats the object of a game. Just annoying really, even if i'm getting battered i'd stay til full time as they deserve the credit for playing well.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Because whats the point in playing if you're going to give up? Defeats the object of a game. Just annoying really, even if i'm getting battered i'd stay til full time as they deserve the credit for playing well.
What about people who take the piss and pass it around their defence, do skills, etc...

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Then intercept the ball or tackle them maybe?
It can be difficult if they pass it around their defence. The game never lets you bring up more than two payers and once you deselect them they run back. Only had this happen to me a few times but it is a bit silly.

Carl

Me too but i don't get annoyed if they quit, just means an easy win for me and some extra time to whoop someone else's arse instead :D

Name Changed

weso26
I finally got players up to an overall rating of 99 on the manager mode. I got Johnny Evans up to 99 after 5 seasons and Rooney after 2. I have a lot of players on 98 at the moment. It is possible anyway.

Jacob

Anybody up for a couple of games? haven't played for 3 months!