Gaming FIFA 22

Meller

Is that Coquelin card any good as a lone CDM? Want to replace mid Keane.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Is that Coquelin card any good as a lone CDM? Want to replace mid Keane.
He’s probably better than Mid Keane but he’s not that great either. You’d probably be better saving for someone like Guendouzi

Meller

He’s probably better than Mid Keane but he’s not that great either. You’d probably be better saving for someone like Guendouzi
Alright yeah I can afford him, will make a decision after our game against Atletico regarding my team but will pass on Coquelin, thanks.

gorky_utd

So you get another pack then?

Think I’m done with FUT for this year. My team is mostly untradeable so I can’t sell up and build a new one. Might do a career mode or something.
I am certainly hoping for it. That was the biggest reason I submitted all my fodder and 200k coin into it.

TrustInJanuzaj

Guendouzi is very good. I tried caqueret but guendouzi has a much bigger present in midfield.
Guendouzi has grown on me. I packed him untradable and at first, couldn't see the fuss but he's pretty decent overall. I tend to prefer a more offensive midfield anyway so I start him on the bench but he's my first sub when I want to solidify the middle.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
That Avila card is from fut bday swaps is absolutely cracked, so glad I chose him over the other stuff, he’s very glitchy because he has the T-Rex animation run like sterling in game which means getting the ball off him is nearly impossible especially combined with his strength . 5* WF and 5* skills are the icing on the cake.

if You’ve not yet submitted your bday tokens I’d recommend going for him. Plus he will be very rare as most will take the pack options.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I'm glad I went for the mature decision to pick two guarantee icon cards for swaps instead of risking it all for a player pick.

Xavi with a shadow is a complete midfielder and once the next lot are out I'll have Cafu and my system is very fullback dependant so that should be great.

TrustInJanuzaj

That Avila card is from fut bday swaps is absolutely cracked, so glad I chose him over the other stuff, he’s very glitchy because he has the T-Rex animation run like sterling in game which means getting the ball off him is nearly impossible especially combined with his strength . 5* WF and 5* skills are the icing on the cake.

if You’ve not yet submitted your bday tokens I’d recommend going for him. Plus he will be very rare as most will take the pack options.
I went for the packs and got Fekir though… everyone say it together…let’s take the packs.

TrustInJanuzaj

I'm glad I went for the mature decision to pick two guarantee icon cards for swaps instead of risking it all for a player pick.

Xavi with a shadow is a complete midfielder and once the next lot are out I'll have Cafu and my system is very fullback dependant so that should be great.
Going to do the same. Cafu fits my team perfectly with the Brazilian links and he looks end game quality. Might use the remaining ones on a pack though.

Meller

Are there more fut birthday pick swaps coming? With the one in the Marquee SBC I think I'm up to 7 (21 total) and would love that Ansaldi card.

Meller

Oh and I packed fut birthday Neuer but already have Courtois, I could do one of two things: Sell Neuer for about 100k, keep my 2 CBs as Desailly and Alaba.

Sell Alaba for about 75k, use Neuer with 90 Sule and Desailly. Thoughts?

gorky_utd

Just received my mid prime player pick compensation pack. Nothing good so took prime schmeichel. Overall prime Figo and prime schmeichel, not bad.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As someone who usually play PES and has been left with a void given the efootball farce I decided to give FIFA 22 a go given it was on a good discount and thought of trying something new.

At first I was impressed by the cinematic feel of the game and the greater detail in the career mode (as compared to Master League) but only a few days in, the game is breaking me. I mean, it's my first season at United and one world class I'm completely dominating the ball against Chelsea and Liverpool. Whereas on Legend opponents score against my statuesque defenders at will. Honestly the defending system in this game has to be one of the worst mechanics in any sports game ever. It's so clunky and cumbersome.

So yeah, regretting my purchase big time now. If only on world class your opponents weren't so poor off the ball. They just stand off you pointlessly even if they're better than you and then somehow allow you get in behind at will. I don't understand how they tested it yet optimized the difficulty so badly. I know Fifa is arcade nonsense but it could have been decent time pass if they hadn't messed up the AI this badly.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Adding to the above, feck FIFA. I don't know how they managed to make this bad a football game. The ball physics, the defending, the AI, the footballer on steriods dribbling, etc it's just awfy

Back to PES for me. FIFA 22 was the worst gaming purchase I've made in the longest time.

Frank White

Hopped on for the 1st time in about a month and holy shit it's bad, might have just had bad connection but was <15 ping every game and literally everyone turned like a bus and what's with the weird new animations? The amount of times my players would randomly flop on the floor at the weirdest touch and the 2nd balls just flying straight to the oppo after every tackle just cba.

Definitely done with the game now, uninstalled it and will try again next year.

EvilChuck

Its rebound and deflection central right now. I didnt play for a week or so either and every team is stacked with icons now, did i miss a massive giveaway?

HJ12

Noob question but does a players position matter for anything other than chemistry? If for e.g. I played CM as a CF as a mid-game sub, would the player be negatively impacted?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Noob question but does a players position matter for anything other than chemistry? If for e.g. I played CM as a CF as a mid-game sub, would the player be negatively impacted?
I don't think there's definitive answer to this question. Some players work there very well. It depends a bit on their behavior - which runs do they make, how do they position themselves in the box etc. There are YouTubers out there who analyze this sort of thing pretty in depth. Last FIFA, RBs and LBs were pretty popular CBs because of their pace - so much that EA decided to mess up their positional game when played as a CB to balance it out. But this can vary from player to player.

You probably also want to take a look at their work rates. A CF who has great defensive stats isn't necessarily a good CDM when he has a high offensive and a medium defensive work rate. And high isn't always better - in some positions you want low defensive (CAM/striker) or offensive (CB, CDM) work rates. Some people even think medium/low is a better work rate combination for a CAM than high/low for instance.

I believe the best idea is to just test the player if you think it might work and while doing so, don't just consider how the player feels but also how often he positions himself well, how quickly he tracks back if you don't control him (important for CDMs and CBs), etc.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Doing online seasons and playing PSG every game, sick of losing possession in midfield and for some reason it then takes one quick pass and Mbappe is through on goal.

Also hilarious the full backs sat 5 yards deeoer than the rest of the defence, standard :lol:

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think I’m about ready to feck the game off for this year. Hadn’t played for 3 weeks, logged in purely to do the Brozovic and McKennie SBCs as I’d heard about the hype around them.

Played a few games and the gameplay/lag just makes it pointless. When you’ve got players with 90+ dribbling stats who can only turn in 4 directions why even bother? It seems like you either have to play in the middle of the night when nobody else is on or just put up with it.

HJ12

I don't think there's definitive answer to this question. Some players work there very well. It depends a bit on their behavior - which runs do they make, how do they position themselves in the box etc. There are YouTubers out there who analyze this sort of thing pretty in depth. Last FIFA, RBs and LBs were pretty popular CBs because of their pace - so much that EA decided to mess up their positional game when played as a CB to balance it out. But this can vary from player to player.

You probably also want to take a look at their work rates. A CF who has great defensive stats isn't necessarily a good CDM when he has a high offensive and a medium defensive work rate. And high isn't always better - in some positions you want low defensive (CAM/striker) or offensive (CB, CDM) work rates. Some people even think medium/low is a better work rate combination for a CAM than high/low for instance.

I believe the best idea is to just test the player if you think it might work and while doing so, don't just consider how the player feels but also how often he positions himself well, how quickly he tracks back if you don't control him (important for CDMs and CBs), etc.
Thanks. I got one of these Havertz road to the final cards in a pack (91), converted him from CAM to CM using a positioning consumable, but want to be able to use him as a striker off the bench if necessary. His stats suggest that shouldn't be a problem, but I was wondering what effect the conversion to CM meant.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Thanks. I got one of these Havertz road to the final cards in a pack (91), converted him from CAM to CM using a positioning consumable, but want to be able to use him as a striker off the bench if necessary. His stats suggest that shouldn't be a problem, but I was wondering what effect the conversion to CM meant.
It has no impact - all subs coming in have 5 chemistry regardless of the position on the card or the position you use them on the pitch.

Meller

Just did the Puskas SBC and moved Cruyff to CM. 2 more squad battle games and I'll have Cafu as my rb. Only need to upgrade mid Keane to another CDM and I'm set for a while. Could just buy prime Keane but my entire squad is 1st owner so I'm waiting for a good SBC for now.

HJ12

Just did the Puskas SBC and moved Cruyff to CM. 2 more squad battle games and I'll have Cafu as my rb. Only need to upgrade mid Keane to another CDM and I'm set for a while. Could just buy prime Keane but my entire squad is 1st owner so I'm waiting for a good SBC for now.
That's insane! Out of interest, is it possible to do that without spending real cash (no judgement!)? Some tips would be appreciated :D

Meller

That's insane! Out of interest, is it possible to do that without spending real cash (no judgement!)? Some tips would be appreciated :D
Yes I haven't spent any real money. Doing SBCs is key, been doing cheap SBCs for high rated cards and putting them in other SBCs etc. Also pick swaps, it's a grind but to get some decent cards it's worth it. Also challenges to get some 'free' cards.

Got lucky to pack mid Cruyff in a mid/prime pack as well.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Weghorst might well be the best SBC ever. Rip to those who didn’t do him, and well played to those who did. Paired him with Cruyff and have to say Weghorst is better.

2 man midfield

Not liking McKennie so want to replace him. Got about 1 million to spend, thinking of getting 91 Allan as I play with a midfield 2 so could use the stamina. Anyone recommend any CMs they like for that price?

didz

Had quite good weekend just going four four fecking two, attacking fullbacks and with the birthday Sancho killing it, either by scoring himself or setting up King Wout. Was thinking of getting a left mid version of him and that Neymar team of the week looks pretty good. Been using Harvey Barnes for some reason.

Anyone know how this team of the season thing affects prices? I've never been around for it before and sinking 1.2m into that Neymar and the birthday Mendes ill need to fit him in seems mental if their values could tank.

I mean that Sancho card won't ever go out of style, but surely Neymar gets a TOTS that I'll want instead in 3 weeks?

EvilChuck

Packed my first ever Icon from rewards, and my first player this year worth more than 100k.

It was PIM Riquelme... but there was still a hint of excitement

2 man midfield

Went 15-5 in Fut Champs, never done that well before. Should really have done better as well, I was 14-2 before shitting the bed at the end.

Same old shit in the rewards though. 3 x 84 red picks and nowt else to shout about. In fact I did better on 11 wins.

Meller

Enjoying my team at the moment but Fut birthday Neuer is atrocious in goal. Waiting for a VDS SBC, I could buy him but have decided to go 1st owner.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Does anyone else have that 92 rated Eriksen in their squad? I can't remember packing him or nothing but checked my squad out and all of a sudden he's there.