FIFA end their ban on Russia's U17 boys and girls national football teams

JuriM

Absolute bunch of corrupted trash. Good luck to all the nations who lack the balls to say NO to them.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Good. Stop punishing kids for the decisions of politicians.

klsv

No point hoping for FIFA and UEFA to have any morals or ethics.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
You are either extremely gullible to propaganda or just absolute trash Russian genocidal political sympathizers.
You are blinded by irrational hatred. Please explain to me why 16 and 17 year old footballers should be punished for political decisions that are out of their control.

RVN1991

Probably not fair to ban people that had nothing to do with the invasion.

klsv

Probably not fair to ban people that had nothing to do with the invasion.
It's a way to put further pressure on the people who did. It's like saying there's no point having economic sanctions against Russia.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
You are blinded by irrational hatred. Please explain to me why 16 and 17 year old footballers should be punished for political decisions that are out of their control.
That goes for all the grown ups playing in their senior national team as well though, doesn't it?

As well as their domestic clubs that even employ a fair share of foreign footballers who have even less influence on Russian political landscape.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
It's a way to put further pressure on the people who did. It's like saying there's no point having economic sanctions against Russia.
If you think banning kids from playing football is going to have any impact on foreign policy, then I've got a bridge to sell you.

mu4c_20le

So what if they're kids. That's how sanctions work, boo hoo.

JuriM

Because 16-17-year-olds die in Ukraine every day - maybe they wanted to take part in the same competition, but sorry they are dead now!

The fact you are even questioning that shows how out of-touch human trash you are.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
You are either extremely gullible to propaganda or just absolute trash Russian genocidal political sympathizers.
Grow up. Not supporting ban of young kids from participating doesn’t mean supporting the war.

Red Star One

Ridiculous decision but luckily there are many teams that said they’d boycott anything with russians participating, so I’m 100% certain young ruskie will be able to compete but against each other in the Mr. Cider Omsk Championship
Get a grip and spare a thought for those enduring russia-organized genocide, maybe? Imagine the impact and drama if after the goal one of russians flashed a t-shirt saying “mauling babies in Bucha = best day in my life” or even with their “Z” on it.

FIFA is obviously corrupt and doesn’t give a feck but you’d have to be naive thinking that English/Polish/vast majority of UEFA teams would now play against russia and pretend nothing is going on

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
So why don't we lift the ban on all russian sports teams and all the general sanctions while we're at it, because russian civilians shouldn't be punished for political decisions, right? Let's show the world that a genocidal aggressor can behave however he wants without consequences. Genious appeasement logic. Musk would hire you on the spot.

mu4c_20le

To try and make them (the politicians/leaders) not make those decisions.
Its sucks for those players, and might be unfair to most of them, but still necessary imo.
Lots of adult athletes are against the war too, and they also have my sympathy, but it's not about them, it's who they represent.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I guess the Russian military or Wagner is still recruiting, you seem like a nice fit!
Okay. Now jog on. There is an ignore button if you are so offended by other people opinion.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Oh discrimination against Russian atheletes has partially been lifted. Good.

klsv

Always painful when politics trickle down onto the football forum :lol:

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Russian politicians will use this for political and propaganda reasons.

Explain to me why hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian kids are displaced from their fecking homes and fleeing to live as refugees in other countries. You know they are the lucky ones that didn't get killed or maimed or made orphans.

So fecking what if Russian kids can't play football. So fecking what.

Kostov

Why were they banned in the first place? Were British and American sportsmen banned when NATO attacked Iraq? Or the other 50 countries in the last 5 years?

spiriticon

feck Russia. Neither their football or culture or anything that comes out of that scum country should be rewarded with international recognition.

I hope all their kids have failed careers in anything they try. I would wish for worse, but I don't want to be banned.

PSV

Ah, coming up next: Israeli goods now cleared for import as long as they are sold by children.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Why were they banned in the first place? Were British and American sportsmen banned when NATO attacked Iraq? Or the other 50 countries in the last 5 years?
Let's not start this again :lol:

They're kids. They have nothing to do with politics.

Red Star One

vatnik bingo is the easiest bingo really, it took less than one page

Hakara

Supports
Bayern München
I'm torn on it, because it's not the kids fault, but you can bet your ass Putin will use these kids as tools for propaganda.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
That goes for all the grown ups playing in their senior national team as well though, doesn't it?

As well as their domestic clubs that even employ a fair share of foreign footballers who have even less influence on Russian political landscape.
Honestly, yes. That's been the standard as far back as I can remember.

Just as nobody in their right mind would've suggested banning the Premier League or MLS when Iraq was invaded. Everyone correctly recognized that civilian sportsmen ≠ the government.

I'm not naive to think football and politics can ever be completely divorced from one another, but blaming kids for the horrific actions of their government isn't right. Some of the language that's been used in here is downright appalling.

Big Ben Foster

Supports
Russian politicians will use this for political and propaganda reasons.

Explain to me why hundreds of thousands of Ukrainian kids are displaced from their fecking homes and fleeing to live as refugees in other countries. You know they are the lucky ones that didn't get killed or maimed or made orphans.

So fecking what if Russian kids can't play football. So fecking what.
How does one follow from the other? Nobody in here is justifying the war or what is happening to the Ukrainian kids.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I'd be outraged if there was any proof banning children from playing football expedited Russia's defeat in Ukraine, or this standard was uniformly applied to other youth teams of nations engaged in unjust war.

I don't think they should compete under the Russia flag or name or anthem or any trappings of the Russian state.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Because 16-17-year-olds die in Ukraine every day - maybe they wanted to take part in the same competition, but sorry they are dead now!

The fact you are even questioning that shows how out of-touch human trash you are.
Knock it off with the name calling.

MBan

Supports
Liverpool
Personally, I would be ok with this if it meant the athletes participate while not under Russian flag, anthem, or any clothes with any colours from the flag (looked like a joke during olympics, the outfits were clearly designed to look Russian).

The athletes should now show any Russian identity - this is what the country wants. You guys underestimate how important sport is to the government. When the war started, and sanctions were being placed on Russia, you should have seen their adverts on all channels... They were playing reels of sport achievements from 10-20 different sports with the word "Sanctions?" flashing inbetween.

Allowing Russia to participate in sports in any way will show weakness.

Reactions: Cheimoon